Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

Gaming Trends

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Tt-Van

Tt-Van

Advanced Member

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 190 posts

It seems to me that games have been following trends with each year. This year with FPS, the recurring theme is jetpacks in games. With titles such as Titanfall, COD: Advanced Ware, & Destiny, what gaming trends have you noticed?

Guest_Tt Paul_*

Guest_Tt Paul_*
  • Guests

I really wonder can PC games outlast mobile games?

Also, right now is all about software upgrade , can gaming peripherals continue survived in near future? 

• Tt-Van likes this

HappyBuddhaman

HappyBuddhaman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, United States

I think PC games will always outlast mobile, the heavy hitters like The Elder Scrolls / Battlefield / Sims, they will never die off.  PC forever!!

• Tt-Van likes this

Current Rig - Project 2501

Case - Thermaltake Level 10 GT White 

MB - Gigabyte Gaming 7

CPU - Intel i7-4970K

RAM - G.SKILL Trident X 2400 16 GB OC'd to 2400  

GPU - NVidia / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 

PSU - EVGA 1300 G2 Supernova

CPU Cooler - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme w/ 2 120mm RGB Riing fans 

Air Cooling - 2 Enermax Vegas 140mm \ 1 Enermax Vegas 120mm 

Mouse - Thermaltake Level 10 / Wired / Red 

Keyboard - Thermaltake MEKA G Unit Illuminated

Storage - 128 GB SSD boot drive, 2 TB HDD's (2, 1 TB HDD's) 

OS - Windows 10

Speakers - Corsair SP2500

Audio Card - Creative Sound Blaster ZxR 

Monitor - ASUS ROG Swift PG348.

KaopPy.jpg

Guest_Tt Paul_*

Guest_Tt Paul_*
  • Guests

I think PC games will always outlast mobile, the heavy hitters like The Elder Scrolls / Battlefield / Sims, they will never die off.  PC forever!!

But how can Tt eSPORTS improve hardware parts better since it's all about software now?

Any good suggestions would like to share?

HappyBuddhaman

HappyBuddhaman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

I'll get back to you soon on this.

• Tt-Van likes this

MB - Gigabyte Gaming 7

CPU - Intel i7-4970K

OS - Windows 10

KaopPy.jpg

Guest_Tt Josh_*

Guest_Tt Josh_*
  • Guests

I'll get back to you soon on this.

Hit us anytime with the suggestions! We love having suggestions!  ;)

Tt-Van

Tt-Van

Advanced Member

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 190 posts

I really wonder can PC games outlast mobile games?

Also, right now is all about software upgrade , can gaming peripherals continue survived in near future? 

Well that is an interesting question, both are completely different forms of gaming. Mobile games are always on hand and are played in short bursts throughout the day, where as PC gaming is played for a lot longer in one sitting. The PC Gaming community has been around a lot longer and has been committed to particular games such as WOW, LOL, Team Fortress 2, & Dota2 without bouncing around to the next big fad where as the Mobile Community will jump on one game play it for about a couple of months and then on to the next big game that is being pushed through advertisement.  Now if it will outlast the PC i am not sure, Mobile gaming is the way to go to reach a very wide market. People do enjoy a game in hand and on the go.  i think its too early to tell but you never know. :)

HappyBuddhaman

HappyBuddhaman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Wouldn't demographics come into play here?  I couldn't understand why mobile gaming would ever overtake PC gaming, there's a clear market for both, with some crossover, but I don't think one will ever overtake the other.  I play "time waster" games on my phone, but when I get to my PC, that's when I get serious.

PC is a high quality cognac, mobile is a glass of skim milk.  One will never overtake the other, but both will continue to exist.

As for trends, eh, that mostly seems for warfare based games, one year it's jet packs, next year will be wing suits, year after that will be flying pink elephants, it'll always be something, that's what keep people buying.

I do see a tie in with software and peripherals though, a lot of mice now have customizable features, programmable buttons, weighted designs, etc.  It wasn't too long ago that none of those features existed.  Manufacturers started implementing a "sniper" button because of software (gaming, in my opinion).  Peripherals will always be needed because of different features that will come about in games.

Just think how peripherals might change when Oculus becomes popular (where you won't even see your keyboard / mouse), imagine a specialized mouse, or a glove with a mouse pad like surface as a controller you would use finger taps and swipes on (I should apply for a trademark for that.....).

PC will always survive, too many big name game houses (Bethesda, Blizzard, ect) and manufacturers (Tt, ASUS, MSI, nVidia), need it to.  ####, what's the software modding community supposed to do, mod Angry Birds?  Just look at the work they are doing with Skywind.....####.

MB - Gigabyte Gaming 7

CPU - Intel i7-4970K

OS - Windows 10

KaopPy.jpg

DarinasKa

DarinasKa

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
While gaming some Mac and cheese or I wouldnt cook and just order pizza lol

Add Friends!: Vkontakte
Video about me: Youtube channel
Вступайте, пожалуйста, в наше сообщество любителей иностранных лотерей, и/или добавляйтесь в Друзья.
Европейские розыгрыши джекпота в лотерею PowerBall онлайн.
Русскоязычный партнерский лотерейный сайт с возможностью получения Вечного и стабильного 20%-го дохода от покупки билетов вашими рефералами, то есть привлеченными Вами игроками.
Партнерская программа: Доход 20% с покупки лотерейных билетов Вашими "вечными" рефералами (привлеченные Вами на сайт игроки) и до 20 процентов с Выигрыша или Джекпота.
100% уникальные стратегии для выигрыша джекпота:
[url=http://play.tnelotter.com]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users