Black element keeps freezing.. ;/

Meerk

The support have been taking ages to even respond to my support ticket,

So I hope the community can be more forgiving..?

Recently, a week i'd say, my mouse has been giving quite a hard time. 
One day, out of nowhere, it freezes, the mouse stops working, after around 5 seconds, a windows beep sound is made similar to when a new driver is added, 

At first I assumed it wasn't much, 
Then is started to happen more often, and the more time went by, the more often it happened, it would happen once or twice a day for the first couple of days, and now it happens like.. every hour. 

Not only that, but after 3-4 days, it not affects the computer, everytime it freezes, so does the computer. 

Although it does happen only once an hour, it is frustrating. 
I would appreciate all the help I can get, <3 

Notes : 
- If gaming (teamfortress 2), the mouse freezes more often. 
- The mouse stopped freezing for almost 2 days after I took out the battery, only 5min ago did it freeze again. 
- I tried different ports. 
- I tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall. 
- I tried kissing it with all my love and telling it that it had nice hair. 
- Only the mouse is affected, keyboard and mic are not. 
- The mouse is USB.

In the end, I do wish this was a software error, or atleast just the mouse, not the computer.

Hello Meerk,

sorry to hear you are having trouble with the mouse. I understand it is frustrating if the mouse freezes, especially if it affects the whole system.

Please try the following steps in order to solve the issue:

- Connect the mouse directly to a USB port at the motherboard (not to a USB hub) and try different ports

- Install the latest firmware: http://ttesports.com/files/Product_download/tt%20esports%20black%20element%20series%20firmware%20update%20tool%20v1.0.0.2.rar

- Install the latest software: http://ttesports.com/files/Product_download/tt%20esports%20black%20element%20series_ap%20v1.0.0.2.rar

If these two steps don't help, it sounds more like a hardware issue and I advise you to return the mouse to your vendor or start an RMA process directly through our support page: http://my.thermaltake.com/index.aspx

One more question: You said it stopped freezing for almost two days after you took out the battery. Which battery do you mean? The Black Element is a cable mouse and does not have a battery.

Battery, what battery? EDIT: Didn't see the previous post, no point saying the same thing

Also, it might be the cable. This happened to my old USB Microsoft IntelliMouse.

Since you're playing games, like TF2, as aforementioned, you would be moving your mouse more, causing the cable to twist and contort.
And the issue we should all know about cables are breakages. Could be a loose connection to the mice's circuit board, etc.

If it's past the warranty (2 years), then you can be adventurous and open up the mouse to check the joints.

But if it is still under warranty, then you should submit an RMA.

Guest Tt Josh

The support have been taking ages to even respond to my support ticket,

So I hope the community can be more forgiving..?

Recently, a week i'd say, my mouse has been giving quite a hard time. 
One day, out of nowhere, it freezes, the mouse stops working, after around 5 seconds, a windows beep sound is made similar to when a new driver is added, 

At first I assumed it wasn't much, 
Then is started to happen more often, and the more time went by, the more often it happened, it would happen once or twice a day for the first couple of days, and now it happens like.. every hour. 

Not only that, but after 3-4 days, it not affects the computer, everytime it freezes, so does the computer. 

Although it does happen only once an hour, it is frustrating. 
I would appreciate all the help I can get, <3 

Notes : 
- If gaming (teamfortress 2), the mouse freezes more often. 
- The mouse stopped freezing for almost 2 days after I took out the battery, only 5min ago did it freeze again. 
- I tried different ports. 
- I tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall. 
- I tried kissing it with all my love and telling it that it had nice hair. 
- Only the mouse is affected, keyboard and mic are not. 
- The mouse is USB.

In the end, I do wish this was a software error, or atleast just the mouse, not the computer.

Hey Meerk, Sorry for the problem caused.

Did you try plug into different ports on a different PC / Laptop? Try that and see what happen.

Keep us updated! ;)