760 Bigwater IS question

killblazer

I use  a 760 Bigwater IS as my CPU cooler. I am looking at upgrading my processor soon, but the water block is not compatible with a 2011-3 socket. Or I believe at least that It is not compatible. I have searched the site with no luck, hopefully you guys can help me. I am looking to buy a new water block that would work with my current liquid cooler and would match that socket. I really don't want to have to buy an entirely new liquid cooling system just because the water block won't fit.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2280930/corsair-h110-work-2011-socket.html

"This thread suggests that the LGA 2011, and LGA 2011-3 socket are physically the same size where dimensions are concerned. I can presume since there's no significant changes in size, only functionality, that a cooler designed for LGA 2011 should fit just fine.

If this were not the case you'd probably see a flood of LGA 2011-3 compatible coolers hit the market by now. The old 2011 socket CPUs didn't ship with stock coolers, so I can't imagine the new 2011-3 socket CPUs will either."

So it should be possible to use a 2011 cooler on a 2011-3 cpu, as the difference is not in size but in the pins (if I understand right).

The Thermaltake Bigwater 760 Pro comes with 2011 socket support, so that means in teori that you can get the socket mount from that and connect it to your 760i.

They should at least be almost the same.

But if you are modding the system to handling a different water block, so dont I think it mather that much what you use, as long as it fits the tubes.

• 2 months later...

Alright, I am deciding on buying the W1 Pacific water block. So, I will need to buy new fittings. The only question I have now is, "does anyone know the outer diameter for the green coolant tubes that come in the Bigwater box set?" All the specs I have been reading only state the inner diameter as 3/8 9.5mm, but in order to use the pacific, I will need to buy fittings that utilize both a minimum and a maximum diameter.