Core X Radiator max thickness

scu4243

Hi, I was just wondering how to tell what is the max thickness is in these New Core X cases? Like I would get the Core X2 becouse I have a Micro-ATX motherboard and I might going with two 360mm or one 360mm radiator in the top, then later getting a second one and put a 540mm radiator in both. I have a Asus Gene, an I5 4670k, with one gtx 980 then in a few months I'll be getting a second 980 with a new 1000w up tp 1200w

Hi, I was just wondering how to tell what is the max thickness is in these New Core X cases? Like I would get the Core X2 becouse I have a Micro-ATX motherboard and I might going with two 360mm or one 360mm radiator in the top, then later getting a second one and put a 540mm radiator in both. I have a Asus Gene, an I5 4670k, with one gtx 980 then in a few months I'll be getting a second 980 with a new 1000w up tp 1200w

Limitations for the radiator thickness at the top of the case are 48mm with all ODD cages in. With the top ODD cage taken out, it is 92 mm (you can take out the second and the third too, of course). The rest is only limited by your hardware.

Sure. My current though is 64mm rad + 38mm fan or 102mm total.

Also, while you are at it, can you measure the bottom bay, both width and height?

The X9 has about 51mm clearance to the top ODD, 99mm to the second ODD and 142mm to the third ODD. With a 102mm thick setup, you'd end up with only one usable ODD (assuming it longer than 360mm).

What bottom bay to you mean? The bottom ODD bay or the other HDD bays at the bottom of the case?

The X9 has about 51mm clearance to the top ODD, 99mm to the second ODD and 142mm to the third ODD. With a 102mm thick setup, you'd end up with only one usable ODD (assuming it longer than 360mm).

What bottom bay to you mean? The bottom ODD bay or the other HDD bays at the bottom of the case?

I mean the section bellow the motherboard. As I'm going crazy and modding space for 4 rads down there, but havent found any clear numbers on that part of the case yet.

Also, I dont need more then 1 ODD, and that is for my fan controller. Will get an external dvd case, for the few times I need it.

Hey guys,

I am fixing you guys a internal measurement graph on the x series,

please refer to the Core X series discussion thread, hope it will help on clarify your concern and builds.

Core X9 is currently ready...still working on the X2 & X1, it should be available soon.

Hey guys,

please refer to the Core X series discussion thread, hope it will help on clarify your concern and builds.

Core X9 is currently ready...still working on the X2 & X1, it should be available soon.

Hope its more detailed then whats been released on the website.

If X9 chart is ready, can we see it now, so we can start finalising our parts list?

Edit:

Never mind, saw that you updated the thread without it showing.

I mean the section bellow the motherboard. As I'm going crazy and modding space for 4 rads down there, but havent found any clear numbers on that part of the case yet.

Also, I dont need more then 1 ODD, and that is for my fan controller. Will get an external dvd case, for the few times I need it.

That section is 590mm from front to rear, 360mm from left panel to right panel and 155m from bottom to the dividing frame.

That section is 590mm from front to rear, 360mm from left panel to right panel and 155m from bottom to the dividing frame.

Thanks, but you might want to check with Tt Leo, since the graph he posted in the Core X series discussion thread, says something else.

I'm lost as to which numbers I should belive right now.

I took a ruler and measured from side to side, the measurements from this graph are a bit more sophisticated. You can believe them.

The problem I have with the graph is that it says the case is 540mm from back to front (inside), meaning you cant put a 590mm long video cards into it (like the website says).

So simply different sources says different things and I just want a clear answer.

590mm long graphics cards will fit. Are there graphics cards that long out there already?

The point was that right now so do I have 3 sources for numbers: You, Leo and the website.

Which leaves me with conflicting numbers and I have no way of knowing which is the right once.

Best shown with "the graph" that says 540mm is the full depth of the case, while you and the website says 590mm.

"The graph" does not take into account that you can use a couple of cm extra on both front and rear of the case for the graphics card. 590mm will fit 100%

And there is the problem, there is no way for people that havent gotten there hands on the case to know that, leading to confusion when different set of numbers are presented.

This is the numbers I get from the graph:

Internal height 402mm (256mm+146mm) (100mm less then total height)

Internal width 289mm (149mmx2) (91mm less then total width)

Internal depth 540mm (100mm less then total depth)

From website: Dimension (H x W x D) 502 x 380 x 640 mm

So ether is the sheet metal used for the case quite thick or there is something wrong with the numbers.

And when you plan on stuffing the case full of water cooling, so does the numbers matter.

Hi Chiobe,

Regards to the dimensions listed, for your convenience we actually measured the space you can work with taking out the front panel and the case feet so that must be why the numbers don't match up

Shame, guess my 6 rad build is no longer an option, as there is not enough safe space left.

• 8 months later...

Hey guys,

Did you finished it?

And where are they available or are they to find under "Workable Dimension for Planning Your Build" in this thread : http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/1092-core-x-series/page-1