Which fan? Element S Top Fan size

a7mag3ddon

Hi,

I really need some help and didnt know which forum to post in.

I have an original Element S thermaltake cas and the TOP fan is going and whirring and need to get a new one, last time i looked on ebay and found one but cant seem to see any now.,

I contacted customer support who advised me that the fan is 200x200x20 but i think they are wrong! i am pretty sure its 230x230x20 and that is what is says on their own website.

I have take a photo of said website and emailed it back to them and waiting for a reply..

If i cant buy one i was thinking of getting one of these coolers and stripping the fan out as i believe it to be the same size.

thermaltake-massive-23-lx---23cm-fan-ult

Ok i can confirm that the advertised TK 200mm AF0046 is too small and as i thought has 170mm mounting holes.

Sent that fan back

next i ordered the ThermalTake 20cm 200mm Pure CFM - CL-F016-PL20BU-A This is the correct size 200mm with the holes in the correct place however, 2 issues, its not 20cm deep as advertised but 30mm deep and wont fit under the 'hood' of the case, also it has 4 solid posts for mounting which means the metal posts on the case wont slide in.

Here is a photo, please can someone from Thermal take help me out here? As this fan fits 2 cases that i know of both in the side and top there really should be something to replace it with!? its not that old.

20150218_182313.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Enermax UCTA18a fans should work here. They are 180mmx180mmx20mm with 200mm screw holes as well. I have the TT Pure 200mm fan and the screw holes between these two different form-factor fans line up as the Enermax have dual screw holes for 200/180mm form factors.

You will have to remove the standoffs, get some 20-25mm long screws and screw those in from the top of the fans. You should be able to find .75" or 1" 6-32 screws from Home Depot. I beleive these are 6-32. I had an Element S and I had a similar problem with the top fan.

These fans sell at Newegg and are excellent fans.

Thanks for that, i foudn that the Bitfenix Spectre 200mm fan was an exact match (even has the post cutouts).

very dissapointed that a thermaltake representative didnt help out here, and that the help desk gave the wrong advise (see photos above)

wont be buying there products again thats for sure. As a case doesnt 'break' but fans do i shall be buying a case that has easily sourcable fans.