Sign in to follow this  
Tte Martin

Team DK at The International 4 in Seattle

post-76-0-44544500-1405606910_thumb.jpg

From July 18th to July 21st the best Dota 2 Teams in the world fight for the Aegis of Champions and their share of over 10.5 Mio dollar prize money in the Seattle Key Arena.

One of the contenders is Tt eSPORTS sponsored and currently #1 ranked team on Gosugamers "Team DK" with players from China, Malaysia and Singapore. The other teams are ViCi Gaming, NewBee, Evil Geniuses, Cloud9, Na`Vi, invictus Gaming and LGD.

Valve has established a tournament hub from where you can access the live streams and watch the previous playoff matches.

Who are you rooting for at the biggest eSports event to date?

Team DK ends up on 4th place as they get knocked out by ViCi Gaming after a stunning comeback against LGD Gaming prior. ViCi Gaming then sends EG packing and proceeds to the final against Newbee, which is being played later today.

Sad they lost. I like their style, too unpredictable if you ask me. Very talented and can play a wider variation of heroes compared to other teams. LGD vs DK was the best matchup in the entire TI4 in my opinion particularly the round that DK lost which was a huge upset. So much for playing safe LOL. If they finished the bottom barracks DK could have won that round but still, with the update and a 60+ minute round, it was fun as a viewer. The finals wasn't that thrilling.. 15-20 minute rounds, Vici Gaming was playing the same setup multiple times, they were obviously behind newbee by a lot. Anyway! I wonder what DK will do next year. Sad some are retiring.. 

We'll see what the annual post-TI-player-shuffles bring. So far it is all still rumors, gonna be exciting :)

I think we all agree that the finals were not the ones we all wished for. I'd have loved some more diversity in the hero selection from VG and a west vs. east final would also have been very good for the narrative. But who am I to complain, we got to see some really awesome matches and base races over the course of the tournament.

I don't think the top 3 teams are as talented as the DK guys in terms of playing different heroes. Really liked the part mushi played death prophet vs EG even though they lost. There was a moment where he got ganked by all 5 of the EG guys and managed to get away LOL. That was really funny! Anyway, I hope to get updates on DK too.. particularly tournaments they would join in the future.

I don't think the top 3 teams are as talented as the DK guys in terms of playing different heroes. Really liked the part mushi played death prophet vs EG even though they lost. There was a moment where he got ganked by all 5 of the EG guys and managed to get away LOL. That was really funny! Anyway, I hope to get updates on DK too.. particularly tournaments they would join in the future.

Hi Najiro, DK's on a month break right now. We'll have updates after that.