Pacific PT40-D5 Question

Wingfat

Once again please forgive my lack of knowledge concerning certain aspects of this hardware. The inclosed documentation is a bit sparse. 

My question concerns the top of the PT40-D5 and which port to use for filling and tube hookup. Does it really matter which one I use for the tube hookup? In my orientation the port with the plastic tube is on the bottom of the tube. I'm thinking it would be better to use this port for the return flow?

Please advise... Thanks!

Im really interested to know this too, i found the instructions to be a little vague when it came to the Pacific kit, not that it's not as clear as one would like. Though i will say the instructions they have now is quite self explanatory. 

I'm thinking I figured it out.... The top port with the internal tube attached must be the the return flow inlet. Although I haven't run the tubing yet, my reasoning is that if/when the system/pump is shut off, there is a possibility of suction occurring at that inlet. If the internal tube is submerged then only fluid would be drawn in. If the port was exposed to air in the reservoir then air would be sucked back into the system. 

• 5 months later...

Wingfat,

You want to run the return into the port with the tube. The other port you can plug it or use the equalizer plug (If it was included) - If you need one, let me know :)

As for the design, the down tube should be submerged below the coolant level, this is important to keep air out of the loop and yes you will have some "suction" from that tube when you shut off the system but as long as it is below the level you will not notice it. 

645.jpg