Xaser III case

dynajim

I have an Old workhorse of a case still good! Great shape too! But The Wire to the front door Thermaltake logo light has been clipped??

Can anyone tell me what the voltage is for the light? It connects to a black cube with a connection on It that says "Lumic" thats going to what appears to be a 12 volt source(Blk & Red)? I unplugged it so theoretically I could put pwr to the light directly? Just don't want to burn it out.

Thx in advance for any help

JR

Hello dynajim, and welcome to the community!

Regarding the logo light on the Xaser III, yes its powered by a 12 volt source so shouldn't be much of a problem

Please let us know if you need any further assistance :)

Well I put 12v to it and nothing? It has a square cube about 1x1x1 that also has 12v to it?? So I'm a little puzzled?

It's a flat light strip of some kind though I didn't take it off to really examine it?

So, no joy in mudville :(

Well I put 12v to it and nothing? It has a square cube about 1x1x1 that also has 12v to it?? So I'm a little puzzled?

It's a flat light strip of some kind though I didn't take it off to really examine it?

So, no joy in mudville :(

Hello dyajim, are you able to take a photo? 

Hi dyajim,

See if the figure below helps

attachicon.gifXaser III.jpg

Only prob is there is already what appears to be 12v going to it (Blk/Red). All together there are 3 sets of wires. The Blk/Red going to pwr and 1 going to the light and the other that hooked into pwr somewhere. The 2 set of blk wires are blk/grey with blk dashes on one lead each.

You would think this would be easy? That cube is some kind of capacitor I would think?

• 1 year later...

I had the same issue.

The lighting on the logo does not comes from a LED but from some kind of electroluminescent material on a thin plastic PCB.

ttxaseriiilogoteind.jpg

The adapter, (the cube) is a plastic box filled with some kind of resin and containing an electronic circuit.

I saw that my adapter was not outputting anything.

I tried to broke the plastic and resin without damaging the electronics. finally I was able to access to the PCB but not the electronics compound.

ttxaseriiiadapt.jpg 

I replaced input and output wires.

It appears that the adapter , with a 14VDC input, have a 7VAC output with nothing plugged in.

If I plug the electroluminescent logo, it outputs... 90VAC !!!

The logo works back, the light is very low and but is only visible in the dark (but it was ever the case previously).

ttxaseriiilogoallum.jpg ttxaseriiilogomontallum.jpg

EDIT: photos added.