POSEIDON Z RGB Owner's Club

Tte Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...

I have just purchased this keyboard and I am impressed by the build quality. Like many people have commented the software leaves a lot to be desired as it is very buggy.

Before purchasing the keyboard I read quite a few reviews and the majority were very positive but after purchasing the keyboard I have read quite a few negative comments on sites like Amazon that the switches fail after a few months use resulting in key chatter and bouncing. Do the Kailh switches have a high failure rate? They are supposed to be rated at 50 million key presses but fail after a few months? I'm now very concerned about the reliability of this keyboard. What is the return rate on these? I know it has a five year warranty but the cost of return postage is high and I would not want a second hand replacement keyboard. Not sure if to return this now. :(

Guest Tt Josh

I have just purchased this keyboard and I am impressed by the build quality. Like many people have commented the software leaves a lot to be desired as it is very buggy.

Before purchasing the keyboard I read quite a few reviews and the majority were very positive but after purchasing the keyboard I have read quite a few negative comments on sites like Amazon that the switches fail after a few months use resulting in key chatter and bouncing. Do the Kailh switches have a high failure rate? They are supposed to be rated at 50 million key presses but fail after a few months? I'm now very concerned about the reliability of this keyboard. What is the return rate on these? I know it has a five year warranty but the cost of return postage is high and I would not want a second hand replacement keyboard. Not sure if to return this now. :(

Hi, not all the keyboards have issues, we will fixed mostly all the chattering problems for the keyboard :)

Hi, not all the keyboards have issues, we will fixed mostly all the chattering problems for the keyboard :)

Hi, was the fix to change the switches or was it a firmware fix? How can I tell if my new keyboard has the 'fix' or is it luck of the draw?

Guest Tt Josh

Hi, was the fix to change the switches or was it a firmware fix? How can I tell if my new keyboard has the 'fix' or is it luck of the draw?

You can provide the serial number to our customer support and you can ask them to check the version for you :)

support@thermaltake.de

• 2 weeks later...

hello, I just bought this keyboard (blue switch edition) and I have a few problems.

1. whenever I hold the caps lock key, all of the LED's on the keyboard flutter and blink.  same happens with the NUMBER LOCK, SCROLL LOCK and GAMING MODE KEY (top right of board).  I found this when i was playing a game requiring me to hold caps lock to move faster. THIS IS A BIG CONCERN FOR ME. because when i try to play games the entire key led's flutter and distract me.

2. I have many problems with the lighting software.

a. I cannot input the RGB color number correclty in the R: G: B: section.  They always bug out.  and also in the 

b. I cannot correctly rename the Sets it's very buggy, and I cannot see what i type in there.

c. They Default set NAME  disappears and creates duplicate  profile sets all set to the Default RGB color with blank names.  where i have to reset the entire profile that i am using.  Basically the lighting sets are highly unstable and do not stick well.  when saving and loading profiles, I also find a lot of problems with duplication and also times where the sets do not show up at all.  

3. Some of the key's are not balanced in terms of color, for example when I set all led's to be white. some are more pink/purple, then others, while some are more blue.

Hello i just purchased the Poseidon z RGB. Well when it got here I didn't realize it wast compatible with windows 10 but i plugged it in and it worked but when i try to use the gaming software try to change the colors. the program always give me a warning saying " please plug-in gaming device to start the ap configuration!" I don't understand what it means i tried unplugging and re plugging the keyboard which did nothing. if someone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. please help me 

Hello i just purchased the Poseidon z RGB. Well when it got here I didn't realize it wast compatible with windows 10 but i plugged it in and it worked but when i try to use the gaming software try to change the colors. the program always give me a warning saying " please plug-in gaming device to start the ap configuration!" I don't understand what it means i tried unplugging and re plugging the keyboard which did nothing. if someone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. please help me 

Hi, I am using  this keyboard with Windows 10 and it works fine. The software works but is a bit buggy. There is supposed to be a new version being released quite soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Where is the new software,

My keyboard literally resets every time I start windows and I have to re apply all the setting from software.  

The software also loses many profiles, freezes and hangs every time i use it.  Please fix this as soon as possible, right now I don't have an RGB keyboard I have a keyboard that i have to make RGB every time I start windows 10.

Macros also have to be reapplied. Please fix this.

Hi everyone. Just got the Poseidon RGB few days ago. I've been messing around with the light settings on the profile and ran into some problems.

1st one: I'm having trouble to manually register color values and codes in the color control section. Every time I type some numbers, it automatically deletes them and re-write the old ones or some other random number by itself. When trying to enter color code, it's simply not letting me and always saying " Unacceptable character, you can only type numbers here".. when there is clearly letters in some of the code showing.. I'm really confuse. :huh:

hello, I just bought this keyboard (blue switch edition) and I have a few problems.

1. whenever I hold the caps lock key, all of the LED's on the keyboard flutter and blink.  same happens with the NUMBER LOCK, SCROLL LOCK and GAMING MODE KEY (top right of board).  I found this when i was playing a game requiring me to hold caps lock to move faster. THIS IS A BIG CONCERN FOR ME. because when i try to play games the entire key led's flutter and distract me.

2. I have many problems with the lighting software.

a. I cannot input the RGB color number correclty in the R: G: B: section.  They always bug out.  and also in the 

b. I cannot correctly rename the Sets it's very buggy, and I cannot see what i type in there.

c. They Default set NAME  disappears and creates duplicate  profile sets all set to the Default RGB color with blank names.  where i have to reset the entire profile that i am using.  Basically the lighting sets are highly unstable and do not stick well.  when saving and loading profiles, I also find a lot of problems with duplication and also times where the sets do not show up at all.  

3. Some of the key's are not balanced in terms of color, for example when I set all led's to be white. some are more pink/purple, then others, while some are more blue.

I'm also having the same issues... quite infuriating :mellow:

New software update also sucks!! but new effects are really cool also Check the images. Avast says file is dangerous. 

http://imgur.com/a/5f91A

My X button has lost Green colour completely, now it is R G B

It is not even one year old.