POSEIDON Z RGB Owner's Club

Tte Jeremy

Guest Tt Josh

This somewhat resolved the issue. I think it might be software related (no surprises there, the software with this keyboard is pretty clunky and horrible to be 100% honest). It is no longer lit up like it was, however I noticed that exact pattern of keys did flash the same dull red again a few times, so I expect it to return.

I need yet another PC reboot thanks to this software, it simply doesn't work half the time and I have attempted many different troubleshooting options.. Probably the worst part about this great keyboard.

Hi brezzo, sorry for the caused, you can surely have it replaced from the store where you get the keyboard from. As we do not have any similar issues found from all the RGB keyboards we have here. :)

Hey guys nick here just though I would share my custom digital camo paint job on my Poseidon Z RGB.

Keep in mind doing so as far as I know will void your warranty.

20151005_144539_zpspwyvcecw.jpg

3 screws and some very careful prying, and the two halves come right apart. 

20151005_151422_zps9vwocdwg.jpg

First up some White Primer, When doing a camo you want to start with the lightest color first. This is so that the darker colors don't bleed through. 

20151005_152739_zpssgucqi1w.jpg

I found a template online so I vectored it and cut some out with my vinyl cutter.

20151005_191429_zpsug0jukep.jpg

Placed some of the decals in random places around the frame of the keyboard.

20151005_191942_zps5epondqj.jpg

Once you have the desired amount of decals. Go ahead and lay down your second color. In this case Red.

20151006_081316_zps2djreshh.jpg

Once the second color has dried. It's time to add another layer of stencils.

20151006_081553_zpsiugfsouy.jpg

Once you have your desired amount of stencils, It's time to lay down the darkest color. I chose Black in this case.

20151006_103028_zpsaauddt4d.jpg

Once the Black paint has dried. Get a set of tweezers and carefully take off the stencils. Don't worry if you make a few scratches with the multi layer colors you can barely tell. If you want to protect all your hard work I would suggest shooting a clear coat over it.

20151006_162750_zpsjaszhkpm.jpg

20151006_164253_zpsgqv3dzsw.jpg

Once the clear coat has dried carefully put your devices back together. 

Hi brezzo, sorry for the caused, you can surely have it replaced from the store where you get the keyboard from. As we do not have any similar issues found from all the RGB keyboards we have here. :)

Yeah, I figured as much. I'm not really bothered by it enough to send off my keyboard (bought it online) and have to wait probably over a week for a replacement, lol. I love it too much to part with it for that long  :lol:

Guest Tt Josh

Yeah, I figured as much. I'm not really bothered by it enough to send off my keyboard (bought it online) and have to wait probably over a week for a replacement, lol. I love it too much to part with it for that long  :lol:

LOL but it's better for you to send it back and get a new replacement...you don't want to have a faulty RGB keyboard haha...This keyboard is awesome! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Tt Josh

When will get an update on the software? I was expecting some new features on the keyboard like opening a folder by rebinding a key or macro and new lightning modes? The keyboard is great and all but downside is the software.

Hi Genz0, the technical team is working on it now but we do not have an exact time on the release yet :)

I paid for the keyboard yesterday, I have read a lot of reviews of Thermaltake Poseidon Z series keyboards many people reported about chattering issue. This keyboard is new as there are very less reviews but I hope Thermaltake must have resolved that issue before releasing this keyboard so I ordered this one,Thermaltake India Facebook page helped me to get this keyboard. but now I saw that LED issue reports here. Now bit worried about it. I have already paid to the dealer yesterday and he shipped the item. It has 5 years warranty but it costs 10% of the keyboard value to send it back to the seller. Hope for the best, I never face an issue with this keyboard.

Guest Tt Josh

I paid for the keyboard yesterday, I have read a lot of reviews of Thermaltake Poseidon Z series keyboards many people reported about chattering issue. This keyboard is new as there are very less reviews but I hope Thermaltake must have resolved that issue before releasing this keyboard so I ordered this one,Thermaltake India Facebook page helped me to get this keyboard. but now I saw that LED issue reports here. Now bit worried about it. I have already paid to the dealer yesterday and he shipped the item. It has 5 years warranty but it costs 10% of the keyboard value to send it back to the seller. Hope for the best, I never face an issue with this keyboard.

Hi Divaksh, don't worry about that as there're not many issues for our POSEIDON Z RGB keyboard. If you have any problems, you can surely ask us here or through Thermaltake India Facebook page :)

I have received the keyboard and first impression is impressive, led are bight, keys consistency is good and hope new controller works with it perfectly so no chatter or bounce issue occur. Only the thing I don't like about it is the software. Thermaltake should provide SDK so community can do its job. Will post review and pictures after 15 days of use. :)

Guest Tt Josh

I have received the keyboard and first impression is impressive, led are bight, keys consistency is good and hope new controller works with it perfectly so no chatter or bounce issue occur. Only the thing I don't like about it is the software. Thermaltake should provide SDK so community can do its job. Will post review and pictures after 15 days of use. :)

Thanks for the feedback and can't wait to see the photos :)

Hi so i just bought my brother this keyboard, i was wondering if u you ripple is it supposed to ripple once from where you clicked it + num lock button? Also whenever you have it on pulse it will use the first two rows on the top right from the right of the backspace to the end and it will slightly flicker. is that something wrong with the keyboard? should i return it to amazon? 

Also 1 last thing is it possible to have it on ripple and a set light layout so its not always? for instance 

. i have a k70 rgb and was wondering if i can do something similar 

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought this keyboard today. Had a lot of issues with the software and I cannot change the lighting whatsoever. I tried numerous times and it just keeps loading. I love the keyboard but the main reason I bought it was for the lighting customization. Please respond as soon as possible. Note I uninstalled the keyboard driver and reinstalled and uninstalled and reinstalled the software multiple times. Again please respond as soon as possible. Thanks 

Hey ThermalMike thanks for the response. I'm using Windows 8 as my OS, the keyboard is connected into my laptop in the usb port, as for the region I'm in Mountain Time Zone USA. As for progress, I am still able to open up the software and go to the lighting tab, however I can't change anything to the lighting. I tried to change the default red lighting to one color static lighting because that would be the most simple lighting change but it still stays loading and has not changed. 

Guest Tt Josh

Hey ThermalMike thanks for the response. I'm using Windows 8 as my OS, the keyboard is connected into my laptop in the usb port, as for the region I'm in Mountain Time Zone USA. As for progress, I am still able to open up the software and go to the lighting tab, however I can't change anything to the lighting. I tried to change the default red lighting to one color static lighting because that would be the most simple lighting change but it still stays loading and has not changed. 

Hi Hawksy,

Try to open the software, make sure you're on PROFILE 1, then choose LIGHT OPTION.

Then under base layer, choose ADD SET, you will see a "SET 2"

Choose a color from the COLOR CONTROL section

Now drag and highlight the whole keyboard from the software / left-click on individual key on the keyboard to color the keyboard.

Make sure you choose "FULLY LIGHTED" under EFFECT CONTROL.

Choose FULL if you want to have everything in one color...CUSTOMIZED for individual key.