Pacific RL240 Kit How-to Guide

ThermalMike

Hi everyone,

With the release of our Pacific DIY components and Kits, I wanted to provide a guide focused on the RL240 kit and take you through the installation process to give users an idea of what you will get:

RL240 Kit:

IMG_3522.jpg

What you get:

- (1) RL240 Radiator 240x120x64mm

- (1) PT40-D5 Reservoir + Pump Combo (Includes Hardware)

- (1) W1 CPU Water block (Includes Hardware + Thermal Paste)

- (1) 4T 1/2" Tubing (6.5ft)

- (1) Coolant 1000ml (Red) + Filler Bottle

- (6) 1/2" ID 3/4" OD Compression Fittings

- (2) Luna 12 Red LED Fans

- (1) 24-pin PSU Jumper

Here is everything out of the box:

IMG_3524.JPG

Here is the PT40-D5 Reservoir + Pump:

When you open the PT40-D5 packaging you will have all the accessories in bags including the mounting hardware. The brackets included allow you to mount the PT40 vertically or horizontally depending on the configuration you want to do. 

IMG_3525.jpg

**VERY IMPORTANT**

There are set screws on both ends of the reservoir that are to secure the Tube to both ends, these screw do not need to be tightened. Also take note, if you plan to clean your reservoir later, make sure to remove the set screws (Both sides Top/Bottom) prior to removing to avoid causing any stress to the tube when separating. Also take care of the O-rings on both sides to make sure they are in the correct place when putting back together.

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

On the bottom you have the pump speed adjustment that should be set in the "2" position by default. I recommend leaving the speed adjustment alone until you have the system up and running to make any adjustments later. Turing the speed up is only needed when necessary, with the setting of "2" should be enough to support the default kit configuration. 

IMG_3529.jpg

Here is all the included brackets and hardware for the PT40-D5

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

Since I am installing this in our Core V31, I plan to mount this vertically so I have installed the mounting brackets to the pump housing to secure into the chassis floor.

IMG_3534.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

Here is a quick look at the Core V31 that we will be installing the RL240 kit

IMG_3536.jpg

Getting ideas on how to place the PT40-D5. (Removed the HDD trays and the bottom ODD for clearance)

IMG_3540.jpg

Now for the (240mm) radiator placement and overview. First you need to remove the orange plastic plugs that came pre-installed. Give the radiator a quick look and make sure everything is ok.

IMG_3557.jpg

Here is the accessories that come included, you get mounting screws for the radiator and for the fans as well as (3) G1/4 port plugs and a wrench tool for easy installation.

IMG_3543.jpg

Before you go through installing everything on the radiator, check the location where you plan to place it and make sure it will work out with the entire system including the water loop to make sure all your fittings and tubing will have proper clearance and your tubing will have proper flow to avoid the tube from pinching around a tight space. It is also a good idea before installation of your radiator to fill the radiator with distilled water and give it a good shake to remove anything left over from the manufacturing process. Fee free to repeat this step as many times as you want until you are satisfied.

IMG_3542.jpg

You can setup the porting anyway you like, for this example I will use the (2) bottom ports on one side for my IN & Out and plug the other (2) bottom ports on the other side with the last plug for the top.

Note: Do not tighten the top plug port just yet, you may need to use it for a breather port when filling

IMG_3560.jpg

The wrench is a great tool to use for tightening the ports on your components as the fittings have "slots" on the top so you can use the wrench to tighten and avoid scratching the component or fitting using a standard pair of pliers.

IMG_3561.jpg

The wrench also is designed to help secure the plug ports nicely. Remember, DO NOT over tighten, you will just damage the O-Rings if you gorilla grip the fittings into place. A snug fit is fine.

IMG_3562.jpg

Now we take a look at the W1 CPU block to prepare it for installation to the motherboard. You will get a simple installation guide showing how to install for Intel or AMD type CPU's. Take note of the accessories labeled for each Intel/AMD.

IMG_3550.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

IMG_3548.JPG

IMG_3552.jpg

Now install the back plate to your motherboard and punch out the foam holes for your CPU Socket type to install the mounting screws to.

IMG_3551.jpg

Once the back plate is installed and the mounting screws are through the motherboard, secure the CPU in place and apply thermal paste. Then seat the W1 CPU block onto your CPU first and make sure everything lines up correctly. When ready set the (4) plastic washers after placing the CPU block.

IMG_3553.jpg

Then install the (4) screw caps and tighten them in the "X" pattern to apply appropriate pressure evenly as you secure the block. These only need to be hand tight and you should be able to tell when each one is secure very easily.

IMG_3554.jpg

Now you can install the fittings on both ports, don't forget to use your wrench!

IMG_3555.jpg

With our (PT40-D5)Pump/Reservoir, (W1)CPU block and (RL240)Radiator installed we can now install the fans for the radiator.

Make sure you first know the direction of the air flow on the fan

IMG_3545.jpg

Now for this build, the fans normally install on the inside of the chassis, but since this is DIY..

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

It is a tight fit and there was no issue with the front panel installed so I decided to mount on the outside giving me a little more room for the PT40-D5 to fit just right.

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

Moving back to the PT40-D5 will install the fittings and install into the chassis. (Make sure you have placement set where you want it first)

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

Here is the part where you come into the loop :D You will want to do a placement of all your components before you secure everything into place, some components you might have to remove and replace a few times until you get what you want. Take your time! You want to make sure you have everything installed to not only fit for your other components: PSU cables, VGA cards, HDD/SSD to avoid any issues AFTER you have everything cut and installed.

IMG_3573.jpg

Take note on a couple important actions you need to do:

1. You have 6.5ft of tubing, don't waste making incorrect cuts or cutting too soon. Test and take your time.

2. Cut your tube as straight as you can to have the best seal possible.

3. Once you cut your tubing, use that piece for other routing to get a "Rough Idea"

4. When you have a tight spot (Like I did for the bottom port on the PT40) make sure you give enough room to avoid any pinch in the tube.

5. Secure the compression fittings with the tube pressed over the bard side as best as you can to assure a proper seal and avoid LEAKS.

Before we start getting some coolant into our system, take some precaution to lay down on paper towels just in case we have any issue with leaks. Take the 24-pin jumper included to attached to your PSU as this will help with powering up the system without using the motherboard to turn the PSU on.

IMG_3575.jpg

Take advantage of the filler bottle included with the coolant in the kit, you can remove the tip off the end for the bulk filling and then add the tip back on for more precision filling until you have the system purged and filled correctly.

IMG_3589.jpg

Start filling the PT40-D5 with the supplied coolant and you will see the reservoir start to fill and some of the tubing that is lower including the radiator.With the other top port removed on the top of the PT40-D5 I added coolant slowly.

Once you get the coolant filled above the inner tube in the PT40-D5 (Fill it above the inner tube about half way) you can now switch the PSU on and let the pump start to circulate the coolant throughout the loop.

**You will likely have to switch the PSU on/off a couple times making sure to turn it off once the coolant level gets below the inner tube length**

IMG_3586.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_3584.jpg

Here is what I had left after filling the system to the appropriate levels. You may have to add more later, let the system run and continue to check for any leaks.

IMG_3590.jpg

Once you have the system running for a while and confirm no leaks are present, shut off the system and reconnect the 24-pin to the motherboard and finish installing the rest of your components. Make sure all your cables are routed correctly when installing other components be careful to not put any pressure on your tubing or other component that could cause any issue with the seal of the coolant in the system.

This build was made using only the parts provided in the liquid cooling kit, Thermaltake offers many other parts including several different fittings like 45's and 90's to help with a even better fit. Plan out what you want to do, make sure you have everything you need and if you want to try DIY Cooling, think Thermaltake and let anyone here know if you have any questions.

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3596.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

HI.....I am building my first water cooled system I am using an intel i9900KS and a aorus 2080ti 11gb waterforce GPU.

I was under impression tht I could use the soft tube cooling kit and a single pump that I purchase in the kit linked below. IS that correct? I am trying to anticipate how the tubing is going to be set up. It seemed to me tbat the pump only had a single input and output from the pics online. ANyoe able to give me some guidiance how this singlle kir will cool a cpu and a gpu? is there some schematic somewhere to expalin how to set it up?  thanks in advance...

Thermaltake Pacific C360 Ddc Res/Pump 5V Motherboard Sync Copper Radiator Soft Tube Water Cooling Kit

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • TT CPM unpinned this topic