Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

Poseidon Z driver for Mac OS X 10.10+

Mac OS X Poseidon driver

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

99wesley99

99wesley99

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Tried for my MAC Yosemite 10.10.3. Doesn't work. Seems odd. I followed those directions multiple times.

Voltazus

Voltazus

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

@brandonchang

Could you help me i'm using posiedon z  on maverick and the step above don't work , could you help me

67    4 0xffffff7f81438000 0x9000     0x9000     com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHIDDriver (660.4.0) <37 29 5 4 3 1>

Beelz

Beelz

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i cant open the kext ultility, it says "cant be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" help

Beelz

Beelz

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Brandon i have a poseidon zx too and the same problem, im confused when the shop i bought it from is not giving me a refund or exchange so im desperate right now.

It would be nice if u can fix this. :(

Voltazus

Voltazus

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

plz help

sydingmanney

sydingmanney

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi! So I just plugged this into my Macbook Pro and it works, but I can't download the color changing interface because it's for Windows. I don't know what I need to do. I followed these instructions, and the keyboard itself is functioning great, I just don't know how to change the colors. TIA!

adrmlch

adrmlch

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey there, for those running 10.10.4 and having problems with the whole thing, remember to use the current version of Kext Utility. You can get it here.

After running it, do a restart , then install the .kext file and do another restart. That did the trick for me.

law65

law65

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

You are a saint. I as well created an account just to say thank you. I am typing this on my Poseidon Z ;)

hibikiledo

hibikiledo

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

@brandonchang

This works great! Thanks for such an awesome piece of software you created.

I would like to ask if it is possible for you to make it open source, so that other developers can continue working on it.

Thanks

hibikiledo

hibikiledo

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

i cant open the kext ultility, it says "cant be opened because it is from an unidentified developer" help

Hi there, you may want to go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy after you see the message you mentioned.

There should be a button that says "Open Anyway"

Click that button and it should allow you to open KextUtility.

Good Luck!

dreyco

dreyco

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi I'm on OSX 10.10.5 with a Poseidon ZX. I downloaded your ZX driver and followed your instructions from the first page. After several tries I also looked in the IORegistryExplorer but was not able to find "TtEsports", "Poseidon", "ZX" I only have "USB Keyboard"

Please let me know what information you need from me and I'll gladly share it. Otherwise I'll have to return this keyboard.

adrmlch

adrmlch

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Has anyone tried this driver on 10.11 yet?

pacobernal

pacobernal

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Adrmich

It worked for me until I rebooted - I've tried to follow the steps now running 10.11 with no luck.

Guess we need a different .kext file.

RafazZ

RafazZ

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey! First of all thanks for the driver - it's great. But I have a problem with it: after the crash, the keyboard stopped working. I went through the steps again, and still nothing. The weird part is that the keyboard works fine when in the login screen. After logging in, it stops working correctly ('e'->'e '). 

Kexstat gives the following:

kextstat | grep IOUSBHIDDriver
67    5 0xffffff7f80d9a000 0xa000     0xa000     com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHIDDriver (900.4.1) 7180DE6A-7FF9-35D5-A78A-8C417A4BD45E <39 31 5 4 3 1>

Help?

Selamoonjr

Selamoonjr

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Can't work on El Capiton

hinotenshi

hinotenshi

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hey, thanks for the post! It really fixed the problem for the keyboard, and I've been using it without any issues recently. However, I just so happened to download the new OS update "El Capitan" (Version 10.11) and it apparently disabled both my keyboard as well as my Ethernet cable at the same time. I tried redoing the steps and apparently, I do not believe they are working perhaps due to the newer OS version? I was wondering if there were going to be solutions for future OS updates like this one which will allow Mac users to keep using their Poseidon Z's? 

tumblr_inline_nw61lr0CJ11qdb5vy_500.png

hibikiledo

hibikiledo

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

In El Capitan, they introduce "System Integrity Protection".

With this protection, it is required that a kext has to be signed.

However, the kext provided by @brandonchang is not signed.

We were able to get away by using kext-dev-mode=1 in boot-args.

This doesn't work anymore with the new protection enabled.

To workaround this problem, you may need to disable such protection and also add "kext-dev-mode=1" in boot-args.

See here for more information.

Do this at your own risk...

Note that you are about to disable such protection entirely.

Good Luck :)

proof.jpg

• law65 likes this

hinotenshi

hinotenshi

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I see, thanks for the reply hibikiledo. However, is this same process also necessary for the Poseidon RGB Brown Switch keyboard as well where I have to risk losing the protection? Or do I just do the regular process excluding the protection disabling? I'm currently thinking about selling my current Z keyboard and buying the RGB or a keyboard from a different brand. However, I'm still leaning towards getting the RGB. Any suggestions? ども

tumblr_inline_nw61lr0CJ11qdb5vy_500.png

Xiaoxi

Xiaoxi

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, just registered to thank everyone who had some input on this.

As mentioned above, I was able to get the Poseidon Z working on OSX El Capitan by first disabling System Integrity Protection, which locks certain directories out of writing even for root for unsigned kexts.

1. Reboot Mac and load recovery mode (cmd+r on boot)

2. Open Terminal

3. # csrutil disable ; reboot

After disabling SIP, I was able to follow the original instructions to install the kext. It's working pretty good now!

law65

law65

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

In El Capitan, they introduce "System Integrity Protection".

With this protection, it is required that a kext has to be signed.

However, the kext provided by @brandonchang is not signed.

We were able to get away by using kext-dev-mode=1 in boot-args.

This doesn't work anymore with the new protection enabled.

To workaround this problem, you may need to disable such protection and also add "kext-dev-mode=1" in boot-args.

See here for more information.

Do this at your own risk...

Note that you are about to disable such protection entirely.

Good Luck :)

proof.jpg

You are awesome! Thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mac OS X, Poseidon, driver

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users