Water 3.0 Series owners club

TT CPM

The All-In-One LCS Water 3.0 Series is designed to exceed user expectations. It is easy installation, clean and low-maintenace, one simple upgrade allows users to enjoy better cooling performance with superior CPU protection.

Official webpage

http://www.thermaltake.com/cooler.aspx

Water 3.0 Ultimate

post-51-0-00477700-1406012247_thumb.jpg

Water 3.0 Extreme

post-51-0-50450200-1406012246_thumb.jpg

Water 3.0 Pro

post-51-0-48897800-1406012247_thumb.jpg

Water 3.0 Performer

post-51-0-87022100-1406012148_thumb.jpg

Water 3.0 Series video 

post-51-0-81164400-1406011769_thumb.png

Review

Tweaktwon -- Water 3.0 Ultimate

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/6553/thermaltake-water-3-0-ultimate-360mm-aio-cpu-cooler-review/index.html

NikkTech -- Water 3.0 extreme

http://www.nikktech.com/main/articles/pc-hardware/cpu-cooling/liquid-cpu-coolers/3889-thermaltake-water-3-0-extreme-liquid-cpu-cooler-review?showall&limitstart

Hitech Legion -- Water 3.0 ultimate

http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/cooling/liquid/41520-thermaltake-water-3-0-ultimate-360mm-liquid-cpu-cooler-review?showall=&

Techgage -- Water 3.0 ultimate

http://techgage.com/article/thermaltake-water-3-0-ultimate-review-keepin-it-cool/2/

Techwarelabs -- Water 3.0 ultimate

http://www.techwarelabs.com/thermaltake-water-3-0-ultimate-cpu-cooler-review/

Pureoverclock -- Water 3.0 ultimate

http://www.pureoverclock.com/Review-detail/thermaltake-water-3-0-ultimate-360mm-lcs-review/7/

Thinkcomputers -- Water 3.0 Ultimate

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/thermaltake-water-3-0-ultimate-water-cooling-system-review/5/

Futurelooks -- Water 3.0 Ultimate

http://www.futurelooks.com/thermaltake-water-3-0-ultimate-liquid-cooling-system-review/3/

I have the 3.0 pro and it's one of the better closed loop CPU coolers I have used, It really gets the job done.

Word of advice: Before you turn on your PC after first time installation, make sure you have the pump plugged in. I almost fried a very good chip overlooking this on accident, good thing my motherboard was like, big-bag-of-nope...turn off. With the Core V71 case it has a big open area behind the motherboard and I was able to very easily feel the heat radiating off the back of the motherboard. That was after just a few seconds. Plugged the pump back in, turned the PC on and the temps dropped super fast from 87C (yeah I know...ouch) to room temp. That Just shows you how efficient the cooler really is. I'm actually looking to get the 3.0 ultimate, because I can and I have the room for it now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What tempetures is everyone getting?  I'm on the verge of attempting overclocking (see rig in sig), and my average idle temps are hanging around 30C, running stability on AIDA 64 - 55C, Prime95 - 66C, peaked out at 75C on Prime95, but only for a few seconds, then drops back down to the mid 60's.

Wanted some comparison temps because I'm unsure if I applied enough thermal paste.

What tempetures is everyone getting?  I'm on the verge of attempting overclocking (see rig in sig), and my average idle temps are hanging around 30C, running stability on AIDA 64 - 55C, Prime95 - 66C, peaked out at 75C on Prime95, but only for a few seconds, then drops back down to the mid 60's.

Wanted some comparison temps because I'm unsure if I applied enough thermal paste.

In CoreTemp I top out at around 62c, which is the temp coretemp reads out to me so I would say you are right in the neighborhood if you have an ultimate

• 3 months later...

The 3.0 Extreme is working fine with my ASUS Rampage 5 Extreme and a I7 5820K, but the Software won't work. Device not detected, I found some comments about it, but I can't understand, what this Software has to do with USB. There is a connector for the fans, and 1 for the pump. Because it is cooling very good (overclocked the I7 CPU to 4k and the temparature won't rise above 57° Celsius), I don't have a real probleme, though I can't understand, why the software won't work. Anyone an idea?

• 2 months later...

Water 3.0 Pro here, this unit keeps my delidded 3770 under 60C on heavy, heavy loads while gaming and under 50C whit stress tests.. pretty happy with the results,  if I move on I will look for extreme or Ultimate, also Pacific custom WC is a possible option

:D 

Regards,   

• 2 months later...

I'm new to this forum, so shoot me if this is the wrong place to ask this!  

I have the 3.0 Extreme, and it has been working GREAT!   I use it in a push/pull configuration.  Today, I swapped out the fans (all the exterior facing ones anyway) with the White LED Riing 120's.   I absolutely love them, and the system looks awesome.  But after installing them, and putting the system back together.  I turned it on only to here water gurgling in the system.  After about 15 minutes, it finally went away.  IS THIS A NORMAL THING FOR THE CHANGE I MADE?  Or, should I be concerned about this?  Just curious.

I'm new to this forum, so shoot me if this is the wrong place to ask this!  

I have the 3.0 Extreme, and it has been working GREAT!   I use it in a push/pull configuration.  Today, I swapped out the fans (all the exterior facing ones anyway) with the White LED Riing 120's.   I absolutely love them, and the system looks awesome.  But after installing them, and putting the system back together.  I turned it on only to here water gurgling in the system.  After about 15 minutes, it finally went away.  IS THIS A NORMAL THING FOR THE CHANGE I MADE?  Or, should I be concerned about this?  Just curious.

may ask the question still on push / pull fan configuration ?

I have made a change on my water 3.0 Pro added 2 riing 12 blue led fans, y take out the "Y" spliter that came with the system and plugged the fans directly to a molex conecter, pretty nice settup temps still almost the same despite those riing led fans aren't better compared to the stock water 3.0 kit fans… {stock no led white led fans..}

take o look:

post-6233-0-19953400-1438107312_thumb.jpgpost-6233-0-04294000-1438107319_thumb.jpg

Regards, 

• 5 months later...

Yesterday morning, the pump blew on my Extreme, temp shot up to 93 degrees C within 7 seconds, just about yanked the power cord to prevent a total blowout.  No overclocking being done.

EXTREMELY disappointed as this is only about one year old.  Going to Microcenter to pick up an air cooler until I figure out what Thermaltake will hopefully do about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday morning, the pump blew on my Extreme, temp shot up to 93 degrees C within 7 seconds, just about yanked the power cord to prevent a total blowout.  No overclocking being done.

EXTREMELY disappointed as this is only about one year old.  Going to Microcenter to pick up an air cooler until I figure out what Thermaltake will hopefully do about this.

Happy,

Sorry to hear about this, can you please contact our support today and we can help with setting up an RMA for you.

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)

We will support you with a cross-ship if needed so you can get back up and running.

Keep me posted if you need anything else.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I recently bought a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme S and the installation and CPU temps seems to be fine, but I am concerned about the pump speed.

In the box its written that the speed should be 3000 +- 150 RPM however when I check in the BIOS I can see a maximum speed of 1500 +- 100.

I have a Asus Z87-PLUS motherboard and the fans are connected to the CPU_FAN header and the pump to the CPU_OPT header.

I have tried contacting Thermaltake through their support page but 4 days have passed and no one has replied, so I am reverting to the community forums for answers.

I appreciate if someone can help me out.

• 2 months later...

I recently bought a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme S and the installation and CPU temps seems to be fine, but I am concerned about the pump speed.

In the box its written that the speed should be 3000 +- 150 RPM however when I check in the BIOS I can see a maximum speed of 1500 +- 100.

I have a Asus Z87-PLUS motherboard and the fans are connected to the CPU_FAN header and the pump to the CPU_OPT header.

I have tried contacting Thermaltake through their support page but 4 days have passed and no one has replied, so I am reverting to the community forums for answers.

I appreciate if someone can help me out.

I am here for the same thing.

I would like to know if I need to provide separate power supply.

My idle temps are 47c to 56c BIOS reports @ 1850 ish rpm on pump around 1500 on fans @ idle.

AMD says up to 61c is okay ( I assume under load ) but at idle 46c-56c? That is scary. I too reworked my thermal paste.

I am on (2)ASRock 970 Performance(s) running the 220W AMD 9590s 

I am constructing a Triple Mother Board build in one AeroCool Air case. I have twin Ultimate 3.0s' for the two 220W Mother Boards and a recycled Antec for the other (140W) AMDMother Board.

I am a number crunching experimental mathematics programmer so I will run all 24 cores at 100% for possibly months at a time. I bought the 3.0s' for cooling.

Do I want to "push + pull" (6 fans each cooler?)

I welcome advice on the unique construction.  I will be making a Youtube video if this turns out okay.

• 2 weeks later...

I am here for the same thing.

I would like to know if I need to provide separate power supply.

My idle temps are 47c to 56c BIOS reports @ 1850 ish rpm on pump around 1500 on fans @ idle.

AMD says up to 61c is okay ( I assume under load ) but at idle 46c-56c? That is scary. I too reworked my thermal paste.

I am on (2)ASRock 970 Performance(s) running the 220W AMD 9590s 

I am constructing a Triple Mother Board build in one AeroCool Air case. I have twin Ultimate 3.0s' for the two 220W Mother Boards and a recycled Antec for the other (140W) AMDMother Board.

I am a number crunching experimental mathematics programmer so I will run all 24 cores at 100% for possibly months at a time. I bought the 3.0s' for cooling.

Do I want to "push + pull" (6 fans each cooler?)

I welcome advice on the unique construction.  I will be making a Youtube video if this turns out okay.

So this support site is a dead zone?

How sad.

One the bright side; I found some content that stated we should look at how fast the CPU reduces temperatures after a "full load" is removed. IE 100% to idle. The reduction in temperature should be quick if our cooling is effective.  I assume that means our cooling is effective.  

My 100% load stress testing ran within the approved  temperature range; according to AMD.  All 8 cores at 100% for an hour. When the load was removed the CPU temperature dropped rapidly therefore I assume, from the best information I have found thus far, the Ultimate 3.0 is actually worth the money.

Still an answer about pump RPMs is needed here.

Does it sense temperature and speed up on demand?

Paying customers want to know.

• 1 year later...

This is a great product.  I have been using it on my Ryzen 7 for a few months now and it has been great.  I recently changed out the thermal compound to some Arctic Silver 5 and it was definitely worth the trouble (it was very simple).  I made a video about my experience do this.  It has some great B Roll of the Water 3.0 pairs with a Core P3 case.  Please tell me what you think.