Finished: Penumbra-V

10e

Just finished a build in a Thermaltake Core V31 case.

I love this case. Best case TT have made in a long time IMHO, though the other Cores are very good too for various reasons.

Quick list of hardware components:

1) Intel Core I7 5820K CPU

2) Asrock X99 Extreme3 motherboard

3) Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR4-2666mhz 16GB (4x4GB DIMMS) low profile RAM

4) Dual Sapphire Tri-X R9 290X 8GB Graphics Adapters with original backplates

5) Crucial MX1000 500GB SSD

6) WD Green WD20NPVX 2TB 2.5" mechanical HD

7) Corsair RM 1000 power supply

8) Corsair sleeved blue modular cables (to be swapped later for custom sleeved)

Water cooling components:

1) Swiftech Apogee XL-C clear acrylic water block with 10(!!!!) 5mm white LEDS

2) Dual EK WB R9 290X Vapor-X plexi/nickel water blocks

3) Alphacool UT60 360mm radiator (top)

4) Swiftech MCR320-XP 360mm radiator (front)

5) Darkside 160mm tube res with bundled DDC PWM pump

6) Triple Corsair SP120 High performance PWM fans for the Alphacool in push exhausting out the top

7) Triple Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 fans in front

8) EK HD 10/12mm acrylic tubing bent with Monsoon 3/8-1/2" Mandrel set

9) 10 Bitspower BP-BSEML black spakle 10/12mm fittings

1 Darkside 8" lighting strip installed in the back

I named the system Penumbra-V for the lighting gradation that happens from back-to-front, and the "V" for Thermaltake V31 case.

Here's a crappy cell phone pic. I'll get better ones soon, but the potlight that was above it burned out and made it darker than it should have been.

Feedback/criticisms are welcome, but I thought I'd post here as I used the V31 as the basis for this build. Temperatures are great, and I don't think I could find another compact mid-tower case that could hold all this raddage!

2015-04-21%2002.19.28.jpg

Thanks guys!

The bends turned out better than I thought. The Monsoon mandrel kit makes it easy to get consistent bends that would be harder to achieve by just bending by hand.

The R9 290X cards are factory OC'd at 1030mhz GPU/5500 Mhz Memory and in this setup they are staying in the 45-48 celsius range in Unigine Heaven/Valley with the fans at around 1100-1200 RPM so I'm very happy with the cooling versus noise level. Since the top fans are exhausting up, I get even lower temps if I remove the top plastic perforated mesh dust filter.

Now to start re-sleeving the stock Corsair cables in the aqua/graphite grey 4mm sleeving I have lying around.

Now I just wish TT made a "snow" edition of this case! C'mon guys! :)

• 1 year later...

Thanks guys!

The bends turned out better than I thought. The Monsoon mandrel kit makes it easy to get consistent bends that would be harder to achieve by just bending by hand.

The R9 290X cards are factory OC'd at 1030mhz GPU/5500 Mhz Memory and in this setup they are staying in the 45-48 celsius range in Unigine Heaven/Valley with the fans at around 1100-1200 RPM so I'm very happy with the cooling versus noise level. Since the top fans are exhausting up, I get even lower temps if I remove the top plastic perforated mesh dust filter.

Now to start re-sleeving the stock Corsair cables in the aqua/graphite grey 4mm sleeving I have lying around.

Now I just wish TT made a "snow" edition of this case! C'mon guys! :)

I'm waiting the other pictures of yours , 

I know I am to late to reply but I just bought a v31 and I was searching about it.

So can you tell me where did you put your 6) WD Green WD20NPVX 2TB 2.5" mechanical HD 

cuz the SDD easy to know where it is cuz it comes with place for it , but what about the mechanical ? how you did put it ?

and what about the cpu cable? did you find any problem with fitting with the upper radiator and its fans ?