Volos mouse button click issue

WalamusPrime

I bought a new Volos a few months ago and right from the start it has had this annoying intermittent issue where a button click won't register that I have lifted my finger off so, the mouse still thinks I'm holding the button down when I'm not.

So in FPS games if shoot a gun it will keep firing on its own. Or if I right click to aim it will stay in aim mode.

Clicking the "stuck button" again then fixes the problem which makes it hard to reproduce the problem on demand.

It doesn't happen with any one specific button, I have had it happen with left click/right click and even with the scroll bar. It happens once every few hundred clicks.

Firmware is updated to latest.

I took it back to the store I bought from but they claim they can't reproduce the problem after three days of testing. I have personally tested it on two separate computers and have had it happen on both.

Anyone seen this before? Not sure how I can convince the store the problem really exists if they don't test it extensively enough.

Guest Tt Josh

I bought a new Volos a few months ago and right from the start it has had this annoying intermittent issue where a button click won't register that I have lifted my finger off so, the mouse still thinks I'm holding the button down when I'm not.

So in FPS games if shoot a gun it will keep firing on its own. Or if I right click to aim it will stay in aim mode.

Clicking the "stuck button" again then fixes the problem which makes it hard to reproduce the problem on demand.

It doesn't happen with any one specific button, I have had it happen with left click/right click and even with the scroll bar. It happens once every few hundred clicks.

Firmware is updated to latest.

I took it back to the store I bought from but they claim they can't reproduce the problem after three days of testing. I have personally tested it on two separate computers and have had it happen on both.

Anyone seen this before? Not sure how I can convince the store the problem really exists if they don't test it extensively enough.

Hey WalamusPrime, which country are you from? We'll get a local staff to assist you further! ;)

Guest Tt Josh

Hi Josh, I am in Australia, thank you!

I should say other than the issue I am very happy with the mouse :)

Hey mate, do send your inquiry on a replacement to our local customer support:

Email: rma@thermaltake.com.au

Our customer support will assist you further! ;)

Keep me updated yea! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tt Josh

Update: I have submitted an RMA form and posted the mouse to the local Australian address.

The store I bought from maintained there was no issue but I suspect they were just being lazy. I took it home and had it happen a few times in an hour worth of gaming.

Thanks for the update! Hope you're going to get back the mouse real soon! ;)

Guest Tt Josh

Well my RMA status says "replaced" and I got a delivery tracking email so, it's on its way. :)

Nice! do take a photo and post it here when you received it! ;)

Guest Tt Josh

Replacement arrived today, brand new in box! So far so good, Thanks Josh and Thermtake! :)

Edit: I haven't figured out how to attach/upload images. But I set the mouse as my profile pic.

Hey WalamusPrime,

Glad to hear that! You're gonna have fun with the new mouse!

Let me guide you how to upload the photos:

1) Click on "More Reply Option"

09668617dfa4973bd0341236fea005fc.png

2) Click on "Choose Files...

5fe12c0324faacc728284dcf864437d7.png

3) Click "Add to post" to add your photo on to the post.

0bd65d0b78a2373b9089f55e6e639927.png

And you can write something and click ADD REPLY...and there you go! DONE! ;)

Guest Tt Josh

It looks like we have a winner. After many hours of gaming I have not expeirenced the issue once.

You're gonna enjoy your game and the mouse even more! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tt Josh

I have some bad news.

The replacement mouse has started doing the same behaviour. Again I have tested on two completely different computers (both running Windows 8.1 64 bit).

Maybe this is a driver/firmware issue.

Hey mate, if you can provide us the screenshot of the problem you're facing with the firmware, that will be great! :)

Hi Josh,

Unfortunately the issue can't be shown with a screenshot, I did however manage to record it happening.

I used notepad with text in it to demonstrate when the button jams the text is being hilighted. I also enabled high contrast mode in windows so the screen/curser can be seen easily.

I removed 8 minutes of video from the middle because that's how long it took for the issue to first happen.

Video is unlisted and can be seen at https://youtu.be/bwZK2UGvzck

Firmware is the latest version but it did happen with the older firmware as well.

I've had this happen to me a few times as well.   I wonder if this is a symptom of my problem.

http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/1466-volos-mouse-cause-of-unusual-issue/?hl=volos

I've yet to RMA my mouse.   I have done reboots, and reinstalls of driver/firmware, and mouse will work for a while, then it stops working properly.   I'm of the feeling its a firmware/driver issue an less a hardware one.

Kana your issue with the periods reminded me of this strange thing I experienced.

I had the Volos connected to my laptop, I then rebooted the laptop and it came up to the Windows Bitlocker screen where you have to provide the key to decrypt the hard drive. Whenever I pressed a key on my keyboard about 4 or 5 characters registered into the password field. It was impossible to type the password correctly. I then disconnected the Volos from the laptop and I could type my password in no problem.

It was as if Volos was scrambling my keyboard. I was typing onto a USB keyboard so maybe it's a USB interface problem?

Guest Tt Josh

Hey Josh, did you check out the video I linked? Wondering what your thoughts are...

Hey mate, yea i've checked the video, and i've talked to the team about the software, they might need to do something on the update! ;)

Will keep you updated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tt Josh

Do you know if they have been able to reproduce the same issue?

Hey mate, all I know now is that the product management team has been informed about the issue. :)