Volos mouse button click issue

WalamusPrime

So I tried to RMA my mouse today, and both the RMA script page and the technical support page gave me an error when I tried to submit.

Server Error in '/USA' Application. A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$head$FormView1$DescriptionTextBox="...nd, and a <period> key loop in...").

Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can disable request validation by setting validateRequest=false in the Page directive or in the configuration section. However, it is strongly recommended that your application explicitly check all inputs in this case. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$head$FormView1$DescriptionTextBox="...nd, and a <period> key loop in...").

Source Error: 

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace: 

[HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$head$FormView1$DescriptionTextBox="...nd, and a <period> key loop in...").]
System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String s, String valueName, String collectionName) +11085195
System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, String collectionName) +71
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +178
System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +11085431
System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +124
System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +83
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11051511
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +11051050
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +91
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +240
ASP.cserma_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +52
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +599
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +171

• 2 weeks later...

I have this issue also. It began happening right out of the box. I don't want to do an RMA because it seems like a lot of people have this issue, and RMA'ing just gave them new mice that still had the issue. There are a lot of negative reviews on reseller websites that complain about this issue, (take your pick if you want to check. they're everywhere) so I would guess that remedying this would be top priority. 

I'm like others here. I love everything about this mouse, but the click issue (happens for both left and right click for me) makes the mouse unusable for professional play and almost unusable for just everyday play. Please fix this issue asap, as I don't think I can put up with it for much longer, either. It's been a while since this thread was opened, and we've heard nothing.

I RMA'd my mouse.  Got the new one, and currently it is working.   Only issue I've had is that sometimes will repeated clicking of the right mouse button, it would act in game like it was stuck on had a macro on where it would act as being continuously pressed.  If for example you fired a machine gun, it would continue firing until empty with one button press.

Is there some function of the right mouse button that allows to act as if its being pressed/lock in that mode?

If not, then there is something wrong with the software/driver, or the mechanics of the mouse are bad.

This needs to be fixed as a top priority.

It is a shame, otherwise,  I really like how the mouse feels and operates other than this issue.

But I don't think I would buy another Thermaltake mouse at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey WalamusPrime, we have our team tested with the mouse and they found no issue on the mouse. Did you try the mouse on other computers? try that again. :)

Hi Josh. Yes I did already mention the issue happens on multiple different computers. I can't speak for every single VOLOS mouse but there is at least a considerable percentage that has this issue, a "bad batch" perhaps. I was not surprised to read other reviews explaining the exact same "click lock" issue on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Tt-eSPORTS-Thermaltake-Gaming-MO-VLS-WDLOBK-01/dp/B00EVVNMWW

Your test team either has a mouse that does not have the problem or they are simply not trying hard enough. Do you know if the exact mouse I sent back via RMA has been tested? It took me eight minutes of laborious clicking to reproduce the problem on camera for the YouTube video I linked earlier. Keep in mind I was motivated to provide evidence the issue exists where your testers are less motivated to admit there is a problem that could essentially mean a mass recall. Forgive my cynicism but not having any resolution after four months does not help the situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I contacted support and did another RMA. The support team was very helpful and I'm happy to say we have come to a resolution (I have a different model mouse now). Thank you for your help Josh and the TT support team in Aus.

Cheers

Wal

Hey sorry about the VOLOS mouse, we received your mouse and tested it on our computer and found no errors, but we will look into it again. Hope you enjoy with the new mouse you're having now ;)

• 1 month later...

I RMA'd my Volos.   The new appears to be working fine.   Ill let you all know in about 3-6 months if this holds true. 

Only weird thing of note.   I one game in particular.  War Thunder.   Will pushing the right and or left mouse button, there have been some game play moments where it seemed that the mouse button got stuck, and by hitting it again, it would be come unstuck. 

Some kind of weird macro thing?  Was always wondering what the little circular thing was on the left mouse button?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tt Josh

Josh, can you provide me the e-mail adress for Brazil, i'm having the same click problem and I don't know what to do.

Hi VitorGL, you can contact our US branch and they will assist you accordingly:

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)

• 2 months later...

I have to assume that you're stringing us all along at this point. There is obviously a click issue that a lot of customers have. The issue has been ongoing for almost a year now, and there is no sign of a driver update. Meanwhile, your ratings on amazon for this mouse have been dropping, and for good reason. Never going to buy another thermaltake product again, even though I love my Lanbox lite. Yes, I have multiple Thermaltake products; but never again. Negative amazon review incoming to add to the many others that already exist.

Guest Tt Josh

I have to assume that you're stringing us all along at this point. There is obviously a click issue that a lot of customers have. The issue has been ongoing for almost a year now, and there is no sign of a driver update. Meanwhile, your ratings on amazon for this mouse have been dropping, and for good reason. Never going to buy another thermaltake product again, even though I love my Lanbox lite. Yes, I have multiple Thermaltake products; but never again. Negative amazon review incoming to add to the many others that already exist.

Hi, if you're in the states, please contact us direct at:

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)

• 1 year later...