Making the BlacX work

OCsigns

I've been trying for 2 days to get this working.  The promise of 'OS should find and installed the USB Docking Station automatically.' is not being fulfilled.  I've made sure that all SATA connections are turned on in the BIOS, but it never sees the drive, either in the BIOS, nor in windows after it starts.  The only help offered by the 'manual' is to go to http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Suport_faq.aspx, which is not there.  If anyone has figured this out I could use your help,  a computer wiz I am not.

Hello OCsigns,

Welcome to the forums first off!

Please contact our support as it will be easier to walk you through troubleshooting the issue as there could be a couple different factors.

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com
Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (PST)

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have same issue as above and i posted in another topic but could you please supply me with a number i can contact to discuss the issue with someone in Australia?\

Regards,

David

Hi David, 

Thermaltake Australia and New Zealand

Tel: 03 9763 1622

You can also submit an e-mail support ticket through our website (ww.thermaltake.com.au/ContactUs.aspx). 

• 10 months later...

I have just purchased and installed the duet on a machine running Windows 10.  It sees the docking station, but won't recognize the seagate 1TB drive inserted.  It does fine with the WD640gb drive.  If I boot from a GPARTED live dvd and run the partition editor, it recognizes both drives and deleted and created new partitions on both drives without a problem.  Any idea why the larger drive won't show up in Windwos 10?

Make sure the drive is set to have full access to "everyone" and not just the admin.

Check your disk manager and make sure the drive has a drive letter assigned to it.

I have tested the duet in windows 10, was working fine for me just to mention since it is a new OS and all.

keep us posted!