Commander FT - Touchscreen Fan Controller

bogdan

Hello,

I was wondering is Commander FT compatible with Core V71 (with it's stock fans) and can it be used to control the fans of Water 3.0 Ultimate?

Core V71 uses 200 x 200 x 30 mm Blue LED fans (600~800rpm) so the next question would be if the fan LED would become ON or OFF after connecting the fan to Commander FT? I don't suspect Commander FT is able to control the LEDs of stock Core V71 Blue LED fans, is it?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Bogdan,

Thanks for the question!

The fans built into the Core V71 are 3-pin fan connections and will work with the Commander FT fan controller, but you will loose some features that are proprietary to the fan controller on the case. The LED lighting will no longer be adjustable, but you should be able to adjust the fan speed without issue.

As for he Water 3.0 Ultimate, it uses PWM fans which have a 4-pin connection that is not compatible with the fan controller. I would suggest to use the splitter and connect it to your motherboard header for function and adjustment.

And since Computex is now done, we did announce a PWM version of the commander FT to support 4-pin models, so look forward to that if you want more control for PWM fans.