Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

【 POSEIDON Z 】Owner's Club

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

Guest_Tt Paul_*

Guest_Tt Paul_*
  • Guests

Hi I tried but the gallery would not let me create an album and add it so far as I could see.

Hi, dp135

The quickest way is to share photos here~  :)

rrplay

rrplay

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCrystal Lake

Been totally digging my Poseidon Z keyboard with the brown switches, that I was totaly soked to win in a contest a while back. it has been working perfectly for me, and toally even better with the little O-rings.

Those Red Orings are about 2mm  the Blue ones they make are about 4mm I think, which would certainly shorten the keystrokes and take a bit more of the 'thwack' sound out if desired.

Attached Images

• pseidonzOring.jpg

Guest_Tt Josh_*

Guest_Tt Josh_*
  • Guests

Hope the Poseidon treating you well! ;)

carloskay

carloskay

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationColombia

hi guys i have one poseidon, actually i have one problem. Now when i press some letters the keyboard do double typing. 
My question is what i can do in this case? anyone else have this situation?

Thanks 

Guest_Tt Josh_*

Guest_Tt Josh_*
  • Guests

hi guys i have one poseidon, actually i have one problem. Now when i press some letters the keyboard do double typing. 
My question is what i can do in this case? anyone else have this situation?

Thanks 

Hi carloskay, if you do have he product number, please provide us the number and also the country you're from?

Keep us updated!

Josh ;)

Elooder

Elooder

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I have a Poseidon Z Brown switch edition and it also exibits rrepeating letters (as you can see there). I bought it in Moscow, Russia and the product number is KB-PIZ-KBBLRU-01 (That's the P/N from the bottom of the keyboard). The barcode reads KB-PIZKBBLRU01EL000788. I don't think I have the invoice for it any more. It was bought about a month ago. Am I screwed?

Guest_Tt Josh_*

Guest_Tt Josh_*
  • Guests

I have a Poseidon Z Brown switch edition and it also exibits rrepeating letters (as you can see there). I bought it in Moscow, Russia and the product number is KB-PIZ-KBBLRU-01 (That's the P/N from the bottom of the keyboard). The barcode reads KB-PIZKBBLRU01EL000788. I don't think I have the invoice for it any more. It was bought about a month ago. Am I screwed?

Hi Elooder, please send an email to our Customer Support at (cs3@thermaltake.com.tw) and we will have our local office to assist you further.

Also, kindly include the information required (description for your issue, product name and product number) in your email.

Keep us updated ;)

JohnPhobia

JohnPhobia

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I bought this keyboard two weeks ago. Problems with it:

1. The media keys do not work. Only the brightness functions work. 

2. Keys have an inconsistent feel to them, and the problem gradually gotten worse. Some of them would not produce an audible click. Some would feel mushy and would not clack when bottoming out.

Overall, I am disappointed that Thermaltake has switch out keys made by Cherry with Kahlil. The keys may still function for another five years, but the quality sure won't last that long.

Guest_Tt Josh_*

Guest_Tt Josh_*
  • Guests

I bought this keyboard two weeks ago. Problems with it:

1. The media keys do not work. Only the brightness functions work. 

2. Keys has an inconsistent feel to them, and the problem gradually gotten worse. Some of them would not produce an audible click. Some would feel mushy and would not clack when bottoming out.

Overall, I am disappointed that Thermaltake has switch out keys made by Cherry with Kahlil. The keys may still function for another five years, but the quality sure won't last that long.

Hey JohnPhobia, where are you from? We'll get someone from the local office to handle the issue for you. :)

JohnPhobia

JohnPhobia

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey JohnPhobia, where are you from? We'll get someone from the local office to handle the issue for you. :)

Georgia, United States

Guest_Tt Josh_*

Guest_Tt Josh_*
  • Guests

Georgia, United States

Hey JohnPhobia,

We would like you to have a fully functional unit with no discrepancies!
Please contact Customer Support at your earliest convenience.

Thermaltake USA Customer Service
Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com
Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)

Keep us updated for the issue! ;)

Elooder

Elooder

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

An update for my repeating keystrokes issue as mentioned above:

I have plugged the keyboard into the PC directly (it was plugged in through a powered USB hub before) and so far it looks like that may have fixed the problem.

It's a bit early to tell (since the repeating keystrokes didn't start happening straight away when I bought it), but it may just have fixed the issue. 

For any of you having the same problem, please try and connect it to your PC directly, preferably to the keyboard USB connector (the closest one to the round PS/2 connector found on many motherboards or the one furthest up from the floor, usually USB 2 connector or if for you it's a USB 3, the nearest to it USB 2 one) and see if that helps you.

I will update if the repeated keystrokes start happening again and will contact support as recommended by Josh if that happens. Funny I realized that the hub may be a problem when I was writing about the  issue to customer support! :)

Guest_Tt Josh_*

Guest_Tt Josh_*
  • Guests

An update for my repeating keystrokes issue as mentioned above:

I have plugged the keyboard into the PC directly (it was plugged in through a powered USB hub before) and so far it looks like that may have fixed the problem.

It's a bit early to tell (since the repeating keystrokes didn't start happening straight away when I bought it), but it may just have fixed the issue. 

For any of you having the same problem, please try and connect it to your PC directly, preferably to the keyboard USB connector (the closest one to the round PS/2 connector found on many motherboards or the one furthest up from the floor, usually USB 2 connector or if for you it's a USB 3, the nearest to it USB 2 one) and see if that helps you.

I will update if the repeated keystrokes start happening again and will contact support as recommended by Josh if that happens. Funny I realized that the hub may be a problem when I was writing about the  issue to customer support! :)

Hey Elooder, great to hear that you've fixed the issue!!! Hope you'll enjoy the keyboard!

Anyone out there with the same problem, you guys can try what Elooder did, it might just resolve the problem! ;)

If not, just fire us a message anytime!  :lol:

Elooder

Elooder

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Nope. It's still "stuttering" (repeating keys). Didn't at first, then started again, but less than when it was plugged into the USB hub. Looks like I'll have to email support after all...

Guest_Tt Josh_*

Guest_Tt Josh_*
  • Guests

We had some issues with the double clicking, please contact our customer support as soon as possible and they will assist you further on the issue! ;)

Keep me updated! ;)

Elooder

Elooder

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I sent an email to the address you specified earlier (cs3@thermaltake.com.tw) on saturday, describing the problem. Waiting for a reply or something to happen :)

As for the problem, it seems to be caused by the switches activating too easily, Sometimes even the key bouncing up after a rapid press can trigger the switch and hence cause the double-type. To be honest, I can't remember it ever doing an actual triple keypress... Probably bad switches.

Is there a Thermaltake representative office in Russia anyway?

Guest_Tt Josh_*

Guest_Tt Josh_*
  • Guests

I sent an email to the address you specified earlier (cs3@thermaltake.com.tw) on saturday, describing the problem. Waiting for a reply or something to happen :)

As for the problem, it seems to be caused by the switches activating too easily, Sometimes even the key bouncing up after a rapid press can trigger the switch and hence cause the double-type. To be honest, I can't remember it ever doing an actual triple keypress... Probably bad switches.

Is there a Thermaltake representative office in Russia anyway?

Hey Elooder, I've checked with the Customer Support. The issue has already been escalated to our Russia office and there will be someone to address you as soon as possible!

Keep me updated for your issue! ;)

Elooder

Elooder

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Josh, thank you for all you're doing. You're doing a great job!

I got the reply from Thermaltake about it being passed on to the Russian office. Now waiting for them to contact me.

I have a feeling it's a defect in some of the switches where the contact plate is too close to the surface it touches when the key is pressed (thi is visible on a schematic of a Cherry-type switch) so the upward key travel activates the contact as well as the downward key travel. Also it could be that the plastic bit on the X piece that is colored in the switch was not molded entirely cleanly and can have extra bits where it shouldn't that are thin and flexible (like you get in plastic model kits or on plastic soldiers - very thin pieces of plastic where the plastic has seeped between the moulds). And since it's thin it bends and so doesn't activate the switch every time but only occasionally. May give some food for thought to whoever is responsible for actually fixing this kind of problem, be it the manufacturer of the switches or thermaltake. It's most likely due to the switches being made in China where QA control is a bit lax, as we all know, and thermaltake can't ever hope to check every single switch that goes through them. 

Guest_Tt Josh_*

Guest_Tt Josh_*
  • Guests

Hey Elooder, we would like you to have a fully functional unit with no discrepancies! So we'll definitely get you a replacement for the defective! ;)

As for the QA, surely need to improve on that! ;)

Keep me updated for your issue yea!

Elooder

Elooder

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Thanks, Josh! 

I will post as soon as I have anything to report. So far, nobody has contacted me in any way, but it's only been 3 days, so no fuss.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)