POSEIDON Z Owner's Club

Tte Jeff

Guest Tt Josh

Georgia, United States

Hey JohnPhobia,

We would like you to have a fully functional unit with no discrepancies!

Please contact Customer Support at your earliest convenience.

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)

Keep us updated for the issue! ;)

An update for my repeating keystrokes issue as mentioned above:

I have plugged the keyboard into the PC directly (it was plugged in through a powered USB hub before) and so far it looks like that may have fixed the problem.

It's a bit early to tell (since the repeating keystrokes didn't start happening straight away when I bought it), but it may just have fixed the issue. 

For any of you having the same problem, please try and connect it to your PC directly, preferably to the keyboard USB connector (the closest one to the round PS/2 connector found on many motherboards or the one furthest up from the floor, usually USB 2 connector or if for you it's a USB 3, the nearest to it USB 2 one) and see if that helps you.

I will update if the repeated keystrokes start happening again and will contact support as recommended by Josh if that happens. Funny I realized that the hub may be a problem when I was writing about the  issue to customer support! :)

Guest Tt Josh

An update for my repeating keystrokes issue as mentioned above:

I have plugged the keyboard into the PC directly (it was plugged in through a powered USB hub before) and so far it looks like that may have fixed the problem.

It's a bit early to tell (since the repeating keystrokes didn't start happening straight away when I bought it), but it may just have fixed the issue. 

For any of you having the same problem, please try and connect it to your PC directly, preferably to the keyboard USB connector (the closest one to the round PS/2 connector found on many motherboards or the one furthest up from the floor, usually USB 2 connector or if for you it's a USB 3, the nearest to it USB 2 one) and see if that helps you.

I will update if the repeated keystrokes start happening again and will contact support as recommended by Josh if that happens. Funny I realized that the hub may be a problem when I was writing about the  issue to customer support! :)

Hey Elooder, great to hear that you've fixed the issue!!! Hope you'll enjoy the keyboard!

Anyone out there with the same problem, you guys can try what Elooder did, it might just resolve the problem! ;)

If not, just fire us a message anytime!  :lol:

Guest Tt Josh

We had some issues with the double clicking, please contact our customer support as soon as possible and they will assist you further on the issue! ;)

Keep me updated! ;)

I sent an email to the address you specified earlier (cs3@thermaltake.com.tw) on saturday, describing the problem. Waiting for a reply or something to happen :)

As for the problem, it seems to be caused by the switches activating too easily, Sometimes even the key bouncing up after a rapid press can trigger the switch and hence cause the double-type. To be honest, I can't remember it ever doing an actual triple keypress... Probably bad switches.

Is there a Thermaltake representative office in Russia anyway?

Guest Tt Josh

I sent an email to the address you specified earlier (cs3@thermaltake.com.tw) on saturday, describing the problem. Waiting for a reply or something to happen :)

As for the problem, it seems to be caused by the switches activating too easily, Sometimes even the key bouncing up after a rapid press can trigger the switch and hence cause the double-type. To be honest, I can't remember it ever doing an actual triple keypress... Probably bad switches.

Is there a Thermaltake representative office in Russia anyway?

Hey Elooder, I've checked with the Customer Support. The issue has already been escalated to our Russia office and there will be someone to address you as soon as possible!

Keep me updated for your issue! ;)

Josh, thank you for all you're doing. You're doing a great job!

I got the reply from Thermaltake about it being passed on to the Russian office. Now waiting for them to contact me.

I have a feeling it's a defect in some of the switches where the contact plate is too close to the surface it touches when the key is pressed (thi is visible on a schematic of a Cherry-type switch) so the upward key travel activates the contact as well as the downward key travel. Also it could be that the plastic bit on the X piece that is colored in the switch was not molded entirely cleanly and can have extra bits where it shouldn't that are thin and flexible (like you get in plastic model kits or on plastic soldiers - very thin pieces of plastic where the plastic has seeped between the moulds). And since it's thin it bends and so doesn't activate the switch every time but only occasionally. May give some food for thought to whoever is responsible for actually fixing this kind of problem, be it the manufacturer of the switches or thermaltake. It's most likely due to the switches being made in China where QA control is a bit lax, as we all know, and thermaltake can't ever hope to check every single switch that goes through them. 

Guest Tt Josh

Hey Elooder, we would like you to have a fully functional unit with no discrepancies! So we'll definitely get you a replacement for the defective! ;)

As for the QA, surely need to improve on that! ;)

Keep me updated for your issue yea!

• 2 weeks later...

I got the replacement keyboard yesterday. There are far less consistencies on Day 1 with this keyboard than with the previous one. The only notable irregularity is the enter key feels like a Cherry MX Brown key with a really small bump.  I really like this since my pinkie is not used to a heavier switch on a bigger key. Hope that only the enter key is affected. The arrow keys has the same problem with less severity, but I don't mind since I don't type with arrow keys but instead use them to rapidly scroll web pages down. Glad the problem actually benefited me. :) I'll update in two weeks how the keyboard has fare.

-For those who's media keys are not working, make sure the Human-Interface Drive service is enabled in the services.msc because this keyboard uses the generic Windows driver as oppose to having its own.

Guest Tt Josh

I got the replacement keyboard yesterday. There are far less consistencies on Day 1 with this keyboard than with the previous one. The only notable irregularity is the enter key feels like a Cherry MX Brown key with a really small bump.  I really like this since my pinkie is not used to a heavier switch on a bigger key. Hope that only the enter key is affected. The arrow keys has the same problem with less severity, but I don't mind since I don't type with arrow keys but instead use them to rapidly scroll web pages down. Glad the problem actually benefited me. :) I'll update in two weeks how the keyboard has fare.

-For those who's media keys are not working, make sure the Human-Interface Drive service is enabled in the services.msc because this keyboard uses the generic Windows driver as oppose to having its own.

Just make sure you update us! ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Tt Josh

Same here. Unresponsive or just repeating E key. Super annoying 

Hey Chornicle, which country are you from? We might need to have a replacement for you.

• 1 month later...

I have a Poseidon Z Blue Switch Edition and the "r" key repeats frequently, but sadly, I no longer have my receipt.  Is there anything I can do to remedy this issue?  Maybe I can order and replace the switch on my own?  Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Guest Tt Josh

I have a Poseidon Z Blue Switch Edition and the "r" key repeats frequently, but sadly, I no longer have my receipt.  Is there anything I can do to remedy this issue?  Maybe I can order and replace the switch on my own?  Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Hey mgraham, where are you from? We can have our local staff to assist you further on the key for POSEIDON. ;)

Guest Tt Josh

I live in Maryland in the United States.

Hey mgraham, kindly contact our local customer support at ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com, we will have our local customer service to assist you on the keyboard :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Tt dudes! Bought my Poseidon Z just a few weeks back and I'm really enjoying the feel!  :D

So far, all my keys are doing fine, no repeating or anything, all LEDs are working. It's great that the brightness is adjustable, just wished that it would stay at that level even after turning the computer off.  :unsure:

The whole thing feels solid, I mean rock solid!  :lol:

The only thing I'm not particularly happy about is how the whole keyboard feels cramped. I noticed that the keys themselves are a bit smaller that your usual keyboard and the spacing seems tighter, which makes me sometimes touch other keys that I don't intend to touch...  :unsure:  But I guess it'll take some time for me to really adjust to it.  ;)

It's really cool that Tt have made a 5yr warranty, but does it apply to all countries? Bought mine here in the Philippines and the shop were I got it from only said that it had a 1yr warranty from the distributor.  :blink: