LiquidAtoR

[Bugreport] Application + Website

30 posts in this topic

Hello Staff, Developers, Users,

I've found a major flaw in your application (to my disadvantage unfortunately).
Let me elaborate the situation first:

First of all...
Every time I start the application on my Phone, pair it with the mouse and start a session (generally in Others since I play everything trough eachother).
Generally pairing fails 1 out of 3 times, but that's not a big problem. Unplug and replug the mouse and it appears again in the app. This could be a bit larger timespan to pair imho before radio broadcast goes off again.

When I start the session, the timer on top of the first screen is always on 17:00:00 instead of 00:00:00
Now comes the not so fun part.

I've been playing HotS, some Facebook games, GoatZ, Borderlands and a few other click games, and the grand total is 372 mouseclicks...
This for 2158.1 minutes of gaming activity...
Somewhere along the lines after passing a certain length treshold, it drops all data, and restarts recording.

So the application is very flawed when recording larger amounts of data.

Now on to the Plus website.

I've entered the clicking competition (obviously), and tadaa, 0 clicks behind my name, even though I've uploaded that failed 2158.1 minutes of gaming with 372 clicks. So either there's a delay in the sync of data between the competition and the database, or something went wrong there as well.

I'm not so worries about the website, but this 2 day loss of data is too much to bear as well as the timer starting wrong.

Hope this is sufficient information. If not, you can always contact me trough FB (michael.vangraafeiland).
Thanks, Mike.

ps: Added are a Phone screenshot where you can see timer is starting on 17:00:00
2158 minutes of gametime screenshot and the data that's been recorded in those 2158 minutes (with hours worth of HotS gameplay, so virtually impossible since that's a CTM game pursang).

ps ps. Could you keep us in the loop, if and how this is picked up by the development team. When reporting bugs I always like to be kept in the loop to know if something is actually done with it and how it's fixed :)

EDIT: Meanwhile some clicks are added to my profile, so I presume it's on a delayed sync with uploads. But the large 2 day record is flawed.

post-1437-0-36640800-1436693492_thumb.png

post-1437-0-03384300-1436693703_thumb.png

post-1437-0-11850500-1436693706_thumb.png

Edited by LiquidAtoR

In addition I found a error in linking when you view step 2 of the mission.
The profile links that are posted in a list under oneanother, are linked wrongly (you miss a forward slash, hence it's throwing you to the main page instead of to the profile).

Link looks as follows: http://plus.ttesports.com/ensite/meWall/536 (in my case) where it should be http://plus.ttesports.com/en/site/meWall/536 for the link to work ;-)

I've added another screenshot to clarify

post-1437-0-78291500-1436708294_thumb.png

Found another issue (at least appears on my Sony Xperia Z2).

Description: Application stops registering clicks and distances after switching applications (to other full screen applications like reading and answering texts etc). The timer still runs however.

Reproduce:

1) Start application.

2) Read and reply to a text message (where it occured in my case).
3) Close text application and return to ttapplication
4) The timer is running but no clicks or distances are registered.

This seems to only occur with full screen applications.
Messenger balloons and general application notifications don't seem to influence the recording.

Regarding the pairing issue: Did you try resetting the Bluetooth connection of the mouse yet? To do that, press both buttons on the bottom of the mouse for a few seconds. This fixed the issue for me (Android phone) and I did not have to plug the mouse out and back in to pair it anymore.

LiquidAtoR likes this

Yeah, the error is with both ways of resetting (unlock, press both buttons or take usb out and back in).
But I get it connected within 3 times, so I don't really worry.

Found another data mismatch on the plus website and a forgotten translation in the application.

Data mismatch website:

See attached screenshot, the profile levels don't match eachother. Whilst my overview states level 4, the left profile area says level 1.

Application translation:

When you finish recording and are at the finalizing screen where you upload the data to the website there's a small rectangle popup with (forgive my ignorance for not knowing which language it is) asian writing.
It appears and disappears to fast to make a screenshot of it.

Hunting on :-)
Regards, Mike.

post-1437-0-50281000-1436987192_thumb.png

Found a few more issues on the plus site...

First of all, on the mission part with the profile links I reported earlier.
Those are fixed, however if you expand the list, those new profiles are not correctly linked.
See attached images links fine and links wrong for clarification.

Another translation error on the mission part.
General mission is corrected, but the my mission is still in asian signs (see attached translation image).

Good luck,
I'm continuing my hunt.

post-1437-0-92028400-1437175272_thumb.png

post-1437-0-04655300-1437175278_thumb.png

post-1437-0-77904200-1437175282_thumb.png

Reports will slow for the next 3 weeks, as I'm at work non-stop now so you have plenty of time to fix without me disturbing ;-)

Ofcourse Theron is accompanying me on my travels on the roads across Europe and beyond :)

post-1437-0-35728300-1437384214_thumb.jpg

Tte Martin likes this

Reports will slow for the next 3 weeks, as I'm at work non-stop now so you have plenty of time to fix without me disturbing ;-)

Ofcourse Theron is accompanying me on my travels on the roads across Europe and beyond  :)

Looks amazing! Who are you talking with on the forum?! haha ;)

LiquidAtoR likes this

Ofcourse Theron is accompanying me on my travels on the roads across Europe and beyond  :)

Nice photo~ 

We will share it on Tt PLUS Platform!

LiquidAtoR likes this

I'm very busy IRL, so didn't have much time to go trough the site on the bughunt but I managed to find a few and it's time to consolidate them :)

First the Find Friends page (Main page, top menu, Account > Find Friends)
The friends all have 0 Oct Activities. I presume you meant here Acct Activities (abbreviation for Account)
And I've checked, and your CEO has activites a plenty, so I think something's wrong there too.
This is screen plus1.jpg

Now on to the friends finding part :)

When I search for a friend and I find one (nKwoel in this case, Hi Nanang :P ) I get a few issues.
First my level drops to 1 on the find screen, again the Oct Activities, they display nothing.
And additionally there's no avatar on his profile, but this is consistent across his pages (so probably his avatar is faulty).
Additionally when you search for friends, and you get several results with the same name (Try TonyShark, Hi Antonio :P ) you get 2 results returned.
One correctly with, and 1 empty profile with the same name.
I've noticed there are literary dozens if not hundreds of empty double, triple and even quintuple profile entries under the same names if you start searching for profiles.
I think a pruning script would be appropriate to either delete empty profiles, or merge them with the originals.
This is screen plus2.jpg

And for now the last things (for now ;) )
On screen plus3.jpg you can see 4 friends (I only befriended the CEO as far as I remember).
These are 3 empty profiles, there's no data, and no profile page attached to them, but they are consistent across all my pages.
So again as I already said with screen plus2.jpg, a pruning script would be handy here to delete empty/abandoned profiles.

So far my finds.
Until next time again :)

Edit: I wanted to add a remark for a behaviour in the application, if possible to be changed.
Whenever you finish a recording session (so press stop) and upload your stats, it returns to the startscreen of the application.
However it always looses it's bluetooth connection in doing so (so you have to reconnect the mouse by either un- and replugging the device or unlocking the device and press both buttons to activate a connection).
Could this not be a persistent connection untill the application is closed?
This way you can stop a record, upload it, change the genre if you switch games and start recording again without the extra steps.
Just a suggestion.

Edit 2: Josh, you have a PM with another bugreport :)

post-1437-0-48069400-1443966826_thumb.jpg

post-1437-0-08474900-1443967893_thumb.jpg

post-1437-0-30471000-1443967897_thumb.jpg

Edited by LiquidAtoR

The Tt eSPORTS+ app doesn't work on my android smart phone.

After I type in my password, I get the error "Password format error" with a red X and the word completed ontop of it, it looks like "X Completed"

I looked at what my password is and typed it letter for letter and I keep getting the same error.

I've tried signing up with the same email on my phone and it says no duplicate emails, so it does connect to the server.

EDIT: The android version on my smart phone is 5.0.1

The Tt eSPORTS+ app doesn't work on my android smart phone.

After I type in my password, I get the error "Password format error" with a red X and the word completed ontop of it, it looks like "X Completed"

I looked at what my password is and typed it letter for letter and I keep getting the same error.

I've tried signing up with the same email on my phone and it says no duplicate emails, so it does connect to the server.

EDIT: The android version on my smart phone is 5.0.1

Is it ok for you to take a screenshot and show it to us?

and did you try to reinstall the app? 

Also please tell us which mobile phone you're using? :)

Is it ok for you to take a screenshot and show it to us?

and did you try to reinstall the app? 

Also please tell us which mobile phone you're using? :)

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4

I did try reinstalling the app, but unfortunately it didn't work

and here's a picture of what is on screen

http://imgur.com/a/ZT4hj

Try to reset your password here: http://plus.ttesports.com/en

You can click FORGET PASSWORD and reset your password to a simpler password and see whether it helps or not. :)

I'm literally copying and pasting the password and it's not working

I've reset my password and it still hasn't worked yet

EDIT: nevermind, I found out that you have to use just regular letters, not numbers for it to work

We will inform the team about the password

also inform them about this: at least on android, when your email gets auto corrected and you can press it to type into the email bar, it will leave a space.

If you leave that space in there, it crashes the app.

The timer on the start screen is still an issue with the latest application on the phone (still starts the counter at 17 hours, screenshot in my first post/report here).
​And as I didn't read any reasoning behind it, I still assume this is a bug and not as intended  :)

The timer on the start screen is still an issue with the latest application on the phone (still starts the counter at 17 hours, screenshot in my first post/report here).

​And as I didn't read any reasoning behind it, I still assume this is a bug and not as intended  :)

Did you try to delete the app and download it again?

LiquidAtoR likes this