POSEIDON Z RGB Lighting Profiles!

Guest Tt Josh

Night Typing V1

post-99669-0-51375600-1453255946_thumb.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dpyriu64so4dvuh

The human eye can see green better than any colour, so all the letters are as such. Blue are numbers, purple punctuation, red for editing/deleting, off-yellow for the F keys and dull white for all others.

I can imagine that someone with color-graphemic synesthesia would have a ball editing all the keys to how they perceive them.

Thanks GenotypeJim for getting really getting this started.  I just got mine too and I totally agree about needing a base layer for reactive effects, that would make this a lot cooler.  Here's my first contribution. A Grateful Dead pattern, Pink Floyd pattern and a basic game layout.  Any suggestions would also be appreciated, I think I have some room for improvement with these.

L4MoFl3.png

CBBtvjW.png

j1uCR6B.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ucdz0vlw4a0pn4l/Dead.prof

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Tt Josh

Can you guys make an SDK so people can make software too :) that would be AWESOME!! if the keyboard cant handle custom software I understand ;) I would love an open SDK though ;)

Hi, we are only able to provide the current gaming software to users to set macros and customize lighting colors :)

Hi, we are only able to provide the current gaming software to users to set macros and customize lighting colors :)

Will their ever be support for custom software? so people can make the keyboard do custom animations, Have the ability to react to music, and let people program their keyboards using custom programs? I really want these features so do many other people! If you guys can that would be amazing!! :)

Guest Tt Josh

Will their ever be support for custom software? so people can make the keyboard do custom animations, Have the ability to react to music, and let people program their keyboards using custom programs? I really want these features so do many other people! If you guys can that would be amazing!! :)

Hi, for this keyboard, users are only  able to do the following:

1) Customize colors for each keys

2) Set macros

3) Launch a program from your computer by pressing a button

As for the reacting to music part, we do not have that at this moment. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, for this keyboard, users are only  able to do the following:

1) Customize colors for each keys

2) Set macros

3) Launch a program from your computer by pressing a button

As for the reacting to music part, we do not have that at this moment. :)

Hey Josh, I'd just  like to second the request for lighting effects that do not default to unlit keys. Because the keys are a bit too dark to read except in a very well-lit room, then you kind of need a backlight to see what you're hitting, but the steady backlight options do not have any of the pretty effects on them. I kind of assumed this was what the 'effects layer' feature in the software was meant for, but... :/

Would it be possible to see this in future updates? I'm sure you can't make any promises but if you could put this suggestion forward to the relevant people, it'd make the unique selling point of this keyboard be more usable day to day. Cheers!

Guest Tt Josh

Hey Josh, I'd just  like to second the request for lighting effects that do not default to unlit keys. Because the keys are a bit too dark to read except in a very well-lit room, then you kind of need a backlight to see what you're hitting, but the steady backlight options do not have any of the pretty effects on them. I kind of assumed this was what the 'effects layer' feature in the software was meant for, but... :/

Would it be possible to see this in future updates? I'm sure you can't make any promises but if you could put this suggestion forward to the relevant people, it'd make the unique selling point of this keyboard be more usable day to day. Cheers!

post-1609-0-97780100-1460442554_thumb.jpg

As you can see the above photo, that's my RGB keyboard in a very bright office. You will need to ensure that the color code that you use on the software is bright enough. For example, to have a bright RED, you will need to make sure it's R=255, G=0, B=0. :)

Guest Tt Josh

This is a great keyboard for the time being but if you can add lighting effects same as what corsair does then this will become the "best keyboard".

True. We're are adding different effects to the new update version of the software...stay tuned haha ;)

True. We're are adding different effects to the new update version of the software...stay tuned haha ;)

How soon should we be expecting the software update? I love this keyboard but i have 10 more days to return to best buy and the Corsair keyboards with all the lighting effects are looking so so enticing...

Guest Tt Josh

How soon should we be expecting the software update? I love this keyboard but i have 10 more days to return to best buy and the Corsair keyboards with all the lighting effects are looking so so enticing...

Not so soon mate. We're still testing everything to make sure everything's ready to be used by users. Should be after June (don't have an exact time yet :))

attachicon.gifRGB 1.JPG

As you can see the above photo, that's my RGB keyboard in a very bright office. You will need to ensure that the color code that you use on the software is bright enough. For example, to have a bright RED, you will need to make sure it's R=255, G=0, B=0. :)

You've misunderstood me there. I mean the reactive typing, ripple, arrow flow etc. They currently only operate from a 'black' keyboard. If the room is dark, you can't see what you're hitting until the lighting effect kicks in, which leads to a lot of first-letter typos when working at night.

I am asking for effects that begin with e.g. a dull blue backlight then react to your typing from there, whether it's an RGB ripple or just those keys flashing brighter or a different colour when you hit them... stuff like that. Currently not possible, though I am sure the hardware is capable of it, so long as the software can code it properly.

Guest Tt Josh

You've misunderstood me there. I mean the reactive typing, ripple, arrow flow etc. They currently only operate from a 'black' keyboard. If the room is dark, you can't see what you're hitting until the lighting effect kicks in, which leads to a lot of first-letter typos when working at night.

I am asking for effects that begin with e.g. a dull blue backlight then react to your typing from there, whether it's an RGB ripple or just those keys flashing brighter or a different colour when you hit them... stuff like that. Currently not possible, though I am sure the hardware is capable of it, so long as the software can code it properly.

We are currently working something new to the software to bring new effect. The effect you've mentioned MIGHT be in the update :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks GenotypeJim for getting really getting this started.  I just got mine too and I totally agree about needing a base layer for reactive effects, that would make this a lot cooler.  Here's my first contribution. A Grateful Dead pattern, Pink Floyd pattern and a basic game layout.  Any suggestions would also be appreciated, I think I have some room for improvement with these.

L4MoFl3.png

CBBtvjW.png

j1uCR6B.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ucdz0vlw4a0pn4l/Dead.prof

This is super dope mate.  The dark side one could perhaps use a few modifications, but only so much can be done with the angle of the keys.  Perhaps we can make a dancing bear themed mode? Regardless you did some amazing work and I'm using the dead one as we speak.  We can only hope in the future they incorporate music-responsive modes so that something like "on the run" would cycle through millions of colors and "great gig in the sky" would respond to the soul touching vocals.  Thanks for your work mate :)