Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

Smart Series Owners Club

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Tt Vincent

Tt Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 43 posts

The Thermaltake Smart series is our mid-range line of power supply.

Please see below for a simple comparison helping you select a Smart power supply:

圖片2.png

If you have any of Smart series power supplies, please feel free to share your experience with us.

• HowardAbuh and RudyWriltet like this

Marcato

Marcato

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello! I own a smart m650w, but am not sure if it doesnt have production failures. Its semi modular, so normally the 24pin and 4+4pin connectors are non-modular, aswell as 2 pcie connectors. Additionally my 4+4 eps connector isnt really 4+4, it is just 8pin! On top of that, there are no non-modular pcie cables at my psu, is that right?

Tt Vincent

Tt Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 43 posts

Hello! I own a smart m650w, but am not sure if it doesnt have production failures. Its semi modular, so normally the 24pin and 4+4pin connectors are non-modular, aswell as 2 pcie connectors. Additionally my 4+4 eps connector isnt really 4+4, it is just 8pin! On top of that, there are no non-modular pcie cables at my psu, is that right?

Hello,

We confirm, for Smart M650w, all PCI-E cables are modular.

As for 4+4PIN problem, could you email me a photo of it at vincent.kuo@thermaltake.com.tw?

We will have our engineer to check if it’s production failures.                  

Thank you so much.

Marko

Marko

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Hello, can you tell me why is my PSU making these noises?

http://youtu.be/7nn1tOLRnw0

Tt-Vincent

Tt-Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 14 posts

Hello, can you tell me why is my PSU making these noises?

http://youtu.be/7nn1tOLRnw0

Hello Marko

Regarding the noise, its actually just a little coil whine which has no direct impact to the PSU.

If you are finding it annoying you can contact customer service to get a replacement.

Here are the details: ...

Marko

Marko

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSerbia

It doesn't happen all the time and it's not loud so I am going to keep it. :)

Thank you for your kind reply. :)

• Tt-Vincent likes this

philtrev

philtrev

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Do the smart series power suppiles require a UPS that outputs a sinewave?

Tt Andy

Tt Andy

Tt Staff

• Administrators
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLala land

Do the smart series power suppiles require a UPS that outputs a sinewave?

Hello Philtrev,

You don't really need a UPS with your supply unless you live in a area where the power is not stable.

Usually when the power is not stable, you will tend to see your computer turn off or reset "brown out"

PC Specs 

PC 1 - (Gaming Rig) Intel core i5 4670k @ 4.7ghz / Powercolor 280x x 3 in Tri-fire / Asrock Extreme6 z87 / G.SKILL ARES 2133MHz 16GB 

PC 2 - (Retired Mining Rig) - AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 4.2ghz / 5 x Sapphire Tri-X 290 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Corsair Dominator 8GB 1600MHz 

bbuser

bbuser

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello all, I have a Thermaltake Smart Series 750W PSU and wanted to know what gauge the PCI-E wires are? Does anyone know? Thank you.

ixen

ixen

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello , i've an issue with my power supply , just bought it (Smart SE 730W) plugged it , powered on my pc then started installing OS after that windows booted i was going to install drivers then , my pc auto shut down , tried it on another pc it doesn't work , tried another psu standard 450w my pc works
so the psu doesn't work anymore and this the first time used it , also i live in algeria i can't send it to thermaltake , what should i do ?

alberthandsome

alberthandsome

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Lost one of the two smart car keys, 451 smart brabus, any suggestions?

i'm located in the daly city.  R Programming Training | DataStage Training | SQL Training | SAS Training | Android Training | SharePoint Training

any suggestions would help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users