Smart Series Owners Club

Tt Vincent

• 1 month later...

Hello! I own a smart m650w, but am not sure if it doesnt have production failures. Its semi modular, so normally the 24pin and 4+4pin connectors are non-modular, aswell as 2 pcie connectors. Additionally my 4+4 eps connector isnt really 4+4, it is just 8pin! On top of that, there are no non-modular pcie cables at my psu, is that right?

Hello! I own a smart m650w, but am not sure if it doesnt have production failures. Its semi modular, so normally the 24pin and 4+4pin connectors are non-modular, aswell as 2 pcie connectors. Additionally my 4+4 eps connector isnt really 4+4, it is just 8pin! On top of that, there are no non-modular pcie cables at my psu, is that right?

Hello,

We confirm, for Smart M650w, all PCI-E cables are modular.

As for 4+4PIN problem, could you email me a photo of it at vincent.kuo@thermaltake.com.tw?

We will have our engineer to check if it’s production failures.                  

Thank you so much.

• 2 months later...

Hello, can you tell me why is my PSU making these noises?

http://youtu.be/7nn1tOLRnw0

Hello Marko

Regarding the noise, its actually just a little coil whine which has no direct impact to the PSU.

If you are finding it annoying you can contact customer service to get a replacement.

Here are the details: http://my.thermaltake.com/index.aspx 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do the smart series power suppiles require a UPS that outputs a sinewave?

Hello Philtrev,

You don't really need a UPS with your supply unless you live in a area where the power is not stable.

Usually when the power is not stable, you will tend to see your computer turn off or reset "brown out"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello , i've an issue with my power supply , just bought it (Smart SE 730W) plugged it , powered on my pc then started installing OS after that windows booted i was going to install drivers then , my pc auto shut down , tried it on another pc it doesn't work , tried another psu standard 450w my pc works
so the psu doesn't work anymore and this the first time used it , also i live in algeria i can't send it to thermaltake , what should i do ?

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi! how are you?

Here is the deal: I'm build my PC 4 months ago, all new parts. My motherboard is a MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition! My PSU is a Thermaltake Smart Series 600W (PS-SPD-0600NPCWBZ-W).

Looking at HWMonitor, I can see that the 12v line is reading between 13.500v and 13.990v! it's just way too much, while the 5v line is reading 3.3v only, witch is way too low... I don't know if it's because of the 13.500~13.990 voltage, but I have a temperature reading at my MB that is constantly at 80-81º... way too hot for that reading, internet has been saying. So... the question is: 

› Anyone has experienced this problem with this PSU? 

› How can I send it to warranty? I'm from Brazil!

Please, someone give me a light.

• 7 months later...

I've got a new power supply ( Thermaltake Tr2 RX 750w ) From my old Thermaltake TR2 600w..

The problem is that when i play games , My computer reboot after 1-5 minutes.

I've tested my both video cards one by one ( ATI HD 4890 ) And they arent crashing , It only reboot in crossfire mod.

I tested different cable mod etc etc

The only way it worked in crossfire was to use my 750w on 1 of my card and my 600w on the other video card. The temps of my card was not going over 78 Degree under load which i read and told it was normal.

P.S: My crossfire worked no problem with my 600w , But my cards were clearly needing more power than that. Thats why i bought a 750 W PSU.

So i'm assuming the 750w PSU is a faulty one. Althought , I would like to know everyone's opinion. 

Here are my system specs : 

Q6600 2.4 @ 3.2
4gb DDR2 1066
Ati 4890 crossfire
P5Q Pro Turbo
Thermaltake TR2RX 750w Modular

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Mansi Rao(Tekslate)

• 2 years later...

Hi!

I recently bought a RGB Smart 600W, and the lighting is brilliant.

However, whilst playing Diablo 3 (with nothing else running) the PSU seems to be under heavy load and hits around 40 Db

This is quite far from your 28Db curve at 100% load - and very much far from "ultra quiet".

Could the PSU be faulty or is this how it is ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...