Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

TR2 Series Owners Club

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Tt Vincent

Tt Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 43 posts

The Thermaltake TR2 series is our mid-range line of power supply and it's perfect for basic & mainstream system.

Main_600W.jpg

If you have any of TR2 series power supplies, please feel free to share your experience with us.

• MichaelCync, moldpatak, EkbergDOF and 10 others like this

Bobandgeorge

Bobandgeorge

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got a TR2 RX 750W bronze and the power button on the back literally just popped off of it. There I was, just sitting down watching some YouTube videos and the button just popped off spontaneously along with a copper piece. The plastic on the inside of the button is cracked a bit. Can i fix it with some epoxy or am I going to have to buy a new PSU?

Tt CSD

Tt CSD

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Hi Bobandgeorge,

Please advise where do you live then we may have Tt's distribution to help.

Thank you~

Tt Vincent

Tt Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 43 posts

Does anyone want a TR2 power supply with 80Plus Gold?

Please share your thoughts with us.

Attached Images

• Main_700.jpg

Roving Geek

Roving Geek

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCasa Grande, AZ, USA

I bought a TR2 430W PSU to replace a failed PSU in a desktop.  Upon opening the box, I discovered that there is no 4-pin 12v connector for the motherboard connection that is usually near the CPU socket.  There are 2 each 6-PIN PCI-E breakouts.  Apparently, when I bought it, I did not notice that the model description on the back of the box states W0070RUC: TR2 430W W/O PFC.

I am considering taking the 4-pin 12v connector from the failed PSU and using that but I would like to know where to connect the yellow wires on the circuit board.

Tt Vincent

Tt Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 43 posts

Hello, 

Can you check out the link below? Is it the PSU you bought?

I suppose it should have a 4+4Pin connector for CPU. 

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Power_Supply/TR2_Series_/TR2/C_00001967/TR2_430W_/design.htm

RayDontPlay

RayDontPlay

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello, 

Can you check out the link below? Is it the PSU you bought?

I suppose it should have a 4+4Pin connector for CPU. 

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Power_Supply/TR2_Series_/TR2/C_00001967/TR2_430W_/design.htm

I have the TR2 rx 750w power supply, and im looking for replacement cables for it. the only modular cable i have left is the sata cable. where can i order all new cables or can i buy them individually somewhere? Im mostly interested in replacing the modular 4 pin molex cable. Thank You!!

Tt-Vincent

Tt-Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 14 posts

I have the TR2 rx 750w power supply, and im looking for replacement cables for it. the only modular cable i have left is the sata cable. where can i order all new cables or can i buy them individually somewhere? Im mostly interested in replacing the modular 4 pin molex cable. Thank You!!

Hello RayDontPlay,

Regards to your power supply, can you please let me know the model number? 

The model number is located on the sticker.

RayDontPlay

RayDontPlay

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello RayDontPlay,

Regards to your power supply, can you please let me know the model number? 

The model number is located on the sticker.

tr2 rx-750AH3CH is the model number

Tt Marco

Tt Marco

Tt Staff

• Moderators
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, United States

Hi RayDontPlay,

We still have replaced cables for the PSU model TRX-750M you have.

If you locate at USA or Canada, Please choose one of following contact method to request the cable you need.

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

or

Contact Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (PST)

Our customer service representative will be happy to help ~ Thank you !

• RayDontPlay likes this

DvD

DvD

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello Im from Bolivia and recently get a TR2 500w I was testing the pc for about 15 minutes, and it suddenly died  with a "pop" sound.
Since im not covered by the waranty because of my location, I was wondering what are my options?
Thanks in advance.

Tt Vincent

Tt Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 43 posts

Hello Im from Bolivia and recently get a TR2 500w I was testing the pc for about 15 minutes, and it suddenly died  with a "pop" sound.
Since im not covered by the waranty because of my location, I was wondering what are my options?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,   

Can you let us know the P/N and S/N for your TR2 500w?

Perhaps we can check it for you.

Tt Andy

Tt Andy

Tt Staff

• Administrators
  • 502 posts
  • LocationLala land

Thanks in advance.

Hello DvD,

We have notified customer service about your problem and they will help you sort it out asap

PC Specs 

PC 1 - (Gaming Rig) Intel core i5 4670k @ 4.7ghz / Powercolor 280x x 3 in Tri-fire / Asrock Extreme6 z87 / G.SKILL ARES 2133MHz 16GB 

PC 2 - (Retired Mining Rig) - AMD Phenom II 965 BE @ 4.2ghz / 5 x Sapphire Tri-X 290 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Corsair Dominator 8GB 1600MHz 

Tt Vincent

Tt Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 43 posts

Check out our TR2 Bronze on Newegga price-effective choice for an 80Plus Bronze power supply.

More info:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153215

Attached Images

• TR2 Bronze 600W.jpg

knumb

knumb

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a TR-600 that is less than 2 years old (5 year warranty). It all of a sudden shut my computer off. I didn't think anything of it at first but there wasn't a power surge of any sort. All my other computers were still on. I opened it up, cleaned up a little bit and tried again. I has a split second where I see the lights on my fans come on and then off. I removed my cables and placed them back on. It will not come on. Any help?

peche

peche

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSan Jose Costa Rica

I have used at least 50 TR2 power supplies in the last 5 five years, on my work rigs, on rigs that I have done for me then sold for no reason at all, and also builds for clients …

TR2 is the bang for the budget…! pretty solid PSU's … excellent lifespam, cannot complain about them, also I'm currently using a 700W one…!

take into the list for TR2 80+Gold a 600/700W will fit my needs!!! for sure!

Naked Athena**  : Processor: intel i7 3770 *Delidded* | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1 | Cooling:  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro with Riing 12 blue fans // Tt ThunderBlade blue x2 intake  / Glid Slim 120UV fans top exhaust | Memory: Kingston 16GB @ 1333GHz*2x8GB * KVR Custom Tt HeatSpreader Hyperx Fan Cooled | Video Card:EVGA GTX 680 superclocked |Hard Disks: Crucial M4 SSD / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate 320GB's |Optical Drive:LG GSA-H62N SATA Dual Layer DVD Drive |LCD Model: 22" LG FLATRON | Case: Thermaltake Commander G42 Window |Sound: on board, Hyperx Cloud Headset |Power Supply: Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce |Mouse:  Tt eSports Level 10M Diamond black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad | Keyboard: Tt eSports KNUCKER |Software: Windows 7x64 Ultimate   :ph34r:

silvermachine

silvermachine

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

One question-

I own an old TR2 470W  which has 1 pci-e connector. I tried to put it in a build with a 7870, using a mole-to-pcie adaptor for the second vga input.

Using various psu calculators, the necessary power was somewhere between 380 to 400W, so I thought I was covered.  

It didnt work. Took the vga in another built with a Smart 730SE (which has 2 regular pcie connectors) and all is fine.

The TR2 now is powering up a apu pc with no problem whatsoever. 

So both parts are working. The only thing I can imagine creating a problem is the 2nd PCIe connector that was "fake".

Does anyone know the difference between the 12V of the pcie connector and the 12V of the molex connector in this (or other) model(s)?

And if theres a difference why are there molex-to-pci adaptors? 

Tt Vincent

Tt Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 43 posts

I have a TR-600 that is less than 2 years old (5 year warranty). It all of a sudden shut my computer off. I didn't think anything of it at first but there wasn't a power surge of any sort. All my other computers were still on. I opened it up, cleaned up a little bit and tried again. I has a split second where I see the lights on my fans come on and then off. I removed my cables and placed them back on. It will not come on. Any help?

Hi,  Are you in USA? Perhaps you can contact our customer service at USA.

Hope it helps.

TXcompman99

TXcompman99

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a TR2 TRX-650 I bought about 5 years ago (just out of warranty LOL), my computer has started randomly shutting off without any warning. I have opened and cleaned all fans, the CPU, graphics cards, and the power supply fans, yet is continues to happen. I have noticed that it seems to happen more often when myself or my children are gaming. I was wondering if it was the power supply starting to fail? Which is what I leaning towards, and if so what power supply would be recommended for my setup, because I know the 650w was probably a bit much for what I am running.

PC Setup:

AMD FX-6100 Zambezi

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

G Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0

and of course the TRX-650 PSU

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Tt Vincent

Tt Vincent

Tt Staff

• Moderator Thermaltake
  • 43 posts

I have a TR2 TRX-650 I bought about 5 years ago (just out of warranty LOL), my computer has started randomly shutting off without any warning. I have opened and cleaned all fans, the CPU, graphics cards, and the power supply fans, yet is continues to happen. I have noticed that it seems to happen more often when myself or my children are gaming. I was wondering if it was the power supply starting to fail? Which is what I leaning towards, and if so what power supply would be recommended for my setup, because I know the 650w was probably a bit much for what I am running.

PC Setup:

AMD FX-6100 Zambezi

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

G Skill Ripjaws X series 16gb

EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0

and of course the TRX-650 PSU

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

I think a 650W Bronze PSU should be able to work with your PC,

and perhaps you can have a look at Thermaltake’s SMART Series SP-650PCBUS 650W power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153173

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users