Core V71 owner, Need New Top/Front USB 2/3 Headphone/mic Panel

vorlon2257

Hi guys new to the forum,

Proud owner of  the Core V71 case but due to my mistake of ifting the case in the wrong place,  the top and front came off forcing the case to fall, luckly I saved the case from major damaged but the top/front USB panel did take damage the headphone /mic iinputs taking the most damage.  To the point where the headphone socket does not work anymore and I'm sure the mic socket would be the same, the top drive cage that the panel is attached to was also bent out of shape but I managed to get it back to the proper position, thankfully everthing else is ok apart from the headphone and mic input sockets.

I need to know if it's possbile to get the part for the case as I really need the headphone socket for night time gaming, I would need the whole panel including the wire's leading down to the motherboard unless these are detachable then I would only need the top USB 2.0/3.0 headphone mic part.

The case is out of warranty where I got it from (amazon.co.uk) and even it is wasn't as it was my fault then I know would have to pay to get the part needed if possible.

I did send a enquiry about purchasing the part to Thermaltake Global customer service a week ago but have heard nothing back.

I should also add that I am in the UK.

So any help would be welcomed, I also have tried searching using the net for the part but to no avail.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Well back with an update.

A week later after I sent the email to support@thermaltake.de informing of my problem an what I needed they returned an email informing me that the part was for sale from them, they asked me to confirm that I wanted to buy this from them (which I did by email),. Another week goe's by and still have not received any email from them with payment instructions, so I sent another email again confirming that I wanted to buy the part from them.

It is now over 4 weeks from that second confirmation email to them and I still have not received any email with payment details from them.

Truthfully I'm disappointed in the customer service from Thermaltake.

I am now looking at alternative case's from other manufactures and more than likely not be buying another Themaltake product again.