Tt eSPORTS CRONOS

col.phantom

I want to give my feedback on this headset.

I bought it for a client that wanted a complete gaming pc, at first i was way better than the shock headset, the cronos is comfortable, better built, better designed and it has removable cables, i would say it is one of the few tt headsets with common sense on it, but it has 2 problems:

1. the sound, it is fatiguing and bass light, the shock headset was fatiguing too but it had bass at least, they sound very similar but the cronos without bass, if tt is planing a new version of this headset i would keep the ergonomics and design and fix the sound.

2. gimmicky features, if the headset didnt have lights and so much cables it would have been cheaper, the main use of this headset is online pc gaming, we dont need lights or cellphone conectivity, just a simple analog stereo headset with one single durable cable with mic and hp connectors

I like to compare this headset to the plantronics gamecom 380 and the logitech g430, since they cost about the same, and Im happy to report the tt cronos comes close, it is a significant imporvement over the shock failure, but the sound is better on the other brands, if this headset had a nice, balanced sound with a little bass boost, and more clean treble it would have been a good choice.

I love my Tt eSports Cronos headset, black, very comfortable to wear for long periods with excellent sound.  And I can hook it up to my smartphone, who doesn't like that idea.

I agree, it is acomfortable and well thought out, but the sound is fatiguing, Im comparing it to a pair of sennheiser hd 419 that i have, the treble in the cronos is fatiguing, edgy, and the bass is very low, I remember the shock having a very similar sound but with more decent bass

If tt made a headphone that matched the sound of a nad viso hp50 it would be the best headset ever, a little over +3db @30hz, a linear downward line form 100hz to 1khz, a gentle deep between 2k and 7k and a moderate peak between 8k and 10k with a moderate treble roll off, that is the best and most realistic sound that a closed headphone can have, according to the harman research

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/NADVISOHP50.pdf

If tt made a headphone that matched the sound of a nad viso hp50 it would be the best headset ever, a little over +3db @30hz, a linear downward line form 100hz to 1khz, a gentle deep between 2k and 7k and a moderate peak between 8k and 10k with a moderate treble roll off, that is the best and most realistic sound that a closed headphone can have, according to the harman research

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/NADVISOHP50.pdf

Gotta say col.phantom,  you know your stuff. I'm a big fan of Tyll's site.