Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

BlacX Duet HDD Docking Station - ST0014U - Help

- - - - - ST0014U e-Sata USB BlacX Duet

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

katanasoul

katanasoul

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a BlacX Duet - ST0014U - Docking Station but I can't make it recognize my two Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 of 2TB each even on USB. I have tried on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits and on Windows XP 32 bits. Any help?

Thanks,

Katana

Tt Dhony

Tt Dhony

Tt Staff

• Moderators
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a BlacX Duet - ST0014U - Docking Station but I can't make it recognize my two Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 of 2TB each even on USB. I have tried on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits and on Windows XP 32 bits. Any help?

Thanks,

Katana

Hello Katana,

Please advise if your two HDD's are brand new, or contains data you are trying to retrieve.

• katanasoul likes this

katanasoul

katanasoul

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Both are brand new, formated through the windows 7 home premium 64 bits disc manager tool.

Both were formated using the blacX Duet one at a time using different ports to ensure they are functioning.

katanasoul

katanasoul

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Complementing, the power led indicators flash together timed when both hard drives are connected but none of them are recognized.

Tt Shannon

Tt Shannon

Tt Staff

• Administrators
  • 70 posts

Hi Katanasoul,

When you formatted the drives did you assign them a drive letter?

It sounds like the drives were initialized but not showing in the my computer section.

also can you confirm that the drives still show in the "Disk Management" section?

if it does please screenshot that so we can see what it is showing.

This could help us better figure out your concern.

Marketing Manager - Thermaltake Brands

"This is my signature, there are many more like it but this one is mine."

David t

David t

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Guys

I just purchased the Duet 5g docking station 2 days ago. I seem to have a similar problem as Katana which my computer wont recognise the dock station through USB.

I go through to the device manager and i can see them attached as disk drives but i dont know how to acces it.

The 2 drives both have data on them.

Help please.

Regards

David

Tt Terry Fong

Tt Terry Fong

Tt Staff

• Moderators
  • 26 posts

Dear David, 

Please double check to see if the HDD is recognized under Disk Management. Provide screenshots if possible. 

Biditata

Biditata

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I too purchased the BlacX Duel box about a year ago with the intent to transfer programs and data from my old computer to a new computer.  Both hard drives have data on them and the documentation isn't clear enough for me to possibly erase the data on the newer computer.  I have Windows 7 on the old computer and Windows 8 on the new.

First, can I transfer the existing programs via the BlacX Dual box?

Second, I need better instructions on how to do this. I know little about the internal workings of computers.  Thanks in advance for some help.

p.sivley

p.sivley

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have the Blacx duet and my pc will "see" one drive, but not two.  The one it is seeing does have data on it, not sure about the 2nd. Both are seagate barracudas 2tb.

Is there a size limit on drives that this unit can work with?
Thanks

Paul

Sio

Sio

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Dear David, 

Please double check to see if the HDD is recognized under Disk Management. Provide screenshots if possible. 

I will answer the question for him since I am experiencing the same thing -- no, it does not show in disk management. It does show in Device Manager though; as he is experiencing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ST0014U, e-Sata, USB, BlacX Duet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users