The Mini S Frame Build Log

Oz Modz

For those of you who don't know I am a huge In Win fan, I love the design and quality hence why for my main setup i have a In Win S frame absolutely decked out in a ROG theme.

I have some spare parts and thought wouldn't it be cool if there was a Mini ITX S Frame and that's my inspiration for this build stemming from the love of the case!

After a lot of calculations I worked out my percentage size reduction from the main case being 35%. I wanted to get it slightly smaller but I was limited vertically because of the GPU.

The next step was to make my stencil, this part was relatively simple all I had to do was print off the Flat S Frame at the reduced scale. After a few attempts I got the measurements spot on with my scale. I then put all the pieces onto cardboard and after a bit of taping and cutting my stencil was made!

nJ5zyBz.jpg

I decided to use perspex for this build and proceeded to trace using my stencil and then cut using a jigsaw.

9DbDcwz.jpg

XbbMPSt.jpg

Next step will be to tidy up the jigsaw work and check all measurements and angles and then the hardest part being the bending!

To see my other builds and videos check out www.ozmodz.com and dont forget to come check out my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Oz-Modz-784354365026358/

Until next time Happy Modding!

• 3 weeks later...
It's been a while since my last post and I have some exciting news! I'm now sponsored by Asus and they have kindly sent me out a Asus Z170i - Pro Gaming Motherboard build for this build. 

Here are a few pics of the Z170i Pro Gaming Motherboard

NS18kRB.jpg

T1ev0T9.jpg

Hfuo4Wy.jpg

Over the next few days ill be installing the board and GPU and positioning fixtures for the tubing.

• 3 weeks later...
This project has been on pause for a little bit while I finished a themed build. But now I'm very happy to announce that the Mini S Frame is finished! I'm very happy with how it has turned out It features a Asus Z170I Pro Gaming ITX Motherboard. My Inspiration for this scratch build comes from my love for the In WIn S Frame and i tried to match my personal rig as closely as possible!

To see how I made the frame check out my build summary video: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=4Z_e8Y7_YHc

5A9Ha5C.jpg

1B3HZTO.jpg

aunBkO4.jpg

TM3mNLA.jpg

SHKKjrp.jpg

Y540wtl.jpg

zrqV8MB.jpg

9N62bAN.jpg'

xM23p1u.jpg

Make sure you head over to my Facebook page to see what other builds I'm working on: https://www.facebook.com/Oz-Modz-784354365026358/?r