DPSapp not working 1.0.19.0

Ted77

Hello, this is in regard to the "Thermaltake Toughpower DPS 850W power supply" that I have recently purchased. I'm having problems with getting the software to work (DPSapp).

I tried installing the DPSapp version 1.0.19.0 and on the first run it gave me an error message that it cannot find the device. I tried certain things based on what I've read online in an attempt to remedy the problem:

- connected the USB cable to my motherboards second USB slot.

- tested any and all settings in the motherboards interface related to the USB ports (Legacy mode, etc..)

- tried installing the DPS G software (didn't work so I reverted back to the DPS version)

- re-installed Flash

- re-installed Java

- updated .NET framework (wasn't necessary for Windows 10)

After a few restarts it seems that the software partially works. I am able to load up the main interface without it telling me that it cannot find the device. (This worked totally random with the settings that I normally had on the motherboard... it just started working out of nowhere). However, there's no way to connect this application to my online DPS Smart account, and if I close the window and re-open it the app loses all settings that I set for it. For example, if I set a value in COST for the "1KW/H" and press the "X" to close the window even though I can see that it is still running on the taskbar if I double click to open the application window it has forgotten the value I entered.

On this page:

https://dps.thermaltake.com/en/help

Steps 1-3 do not appear EVER. Without registering the product I cannot use the mobile app since the device is not connected to my account, and since I cannot save any information on the software it kinda seems useless.

Is there any fix for these issues? Do you only provide the full set of features on the G versions? Perhaps there is an updated version of the software that works?

My relevant specs:

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Intel i7 4770k

Asus RoG Hero VI motherboard

16GM Ram

The USB connect failure is due to the compatibility of Window 8.1 and windows 10. We have reported Microsoft to fix the issue. Hopefully the Windows Update will come out soon to fix this issue.

Before that, we suggest you to re-plug the USB cable so the software could work normally.