**ATTN Users with Thermaltake Riser Cables**

ThermalMike

Mine didn't come with a riser. I bought it off NewEgg's Ebay, came overnight, but noticed no cable.  Then I went back and read the fine print on their ebay page, not included... -_-  any chance I can get one free by asking Thermaltake?  The box itself does state that one should be included though.. Any number to punch in so they can verify? :)

Edit, it was a brand new product, sealed box.  Just for the record.. so it wasn't a refurb or resale.

Two Months and still waiting for the new pcie riser. I am from Spain. Don't believe.

You'll better buy one, because chances to get it working with thermalte cabel are pretty small.
I've already tried 3 cables, one that the case has included, 1 from amazon and 1 from Thermaltake Tech Support (got it end of October), each Riser  card looks pretty similar to another, i could not spot any differences between them and all these card had same issue. As for me, all this cards belong to single revision, there is no difference, at all.

It didn't worked with 2 setups, once "970gtx+msi z170a" and "1080+asus z170 mark 1", most popular cards from nvidia for the last year and new chipset from intel.

Now i'm forced to buy a riser from another vendor, a working one (regarding feedback from other core p5 owners) cost about 40-70 Euro. Pretty sad that thermaltake cant provide good riser cards, however i'm not upset with that because the case itself is very good for that price.

after getting two replacements from thermaltake and buying three on my own, i finally took the plunge and purchased the 3m riser cable.  All my issues are gone and the video card screems, no black screens, no bsod, posts very time.  At $90 it is pricey but peace of mind and performance mean alot.

Thanks for trying thermaltake but i had to buy my own to get functional.

Joe

after getting two replacements from thermaltake and buying three on my own, i finally took the plunge and purchased the 3m riser cable.  All my issues are gone and the video card screems, no black screens, no bsod, posts very time.  At $90 it is pricey but peace of mind and performance mean alot.

Thanks for trying thermaltake but i had to buy my own to get functional.

Joe

Hello Joe

Where did you but your cable and what was the item number it has, would really helpful to know.  I have now had 4 cables and all have the same problem give or take.

Thanks 

Hello Joe

Where did you but your cable and what was the item number it has, would really helpful to know.  I have now had 4 cables and all have the same problem give or take.

Thanks 

That would have hepled......

www.mouser.com

www.digikey.com

8KC3-0726-0500 this is the 500mm version. They make a 250mm version if you wany a shorter one.  lots of places that sell these wont sell just one.  mouser.com and digikey.com does sell just one and mouser.com takes paypal.

good luck

That would have hepled......

www.mouser.com

www.digikey.com

8KC3-0726-0500 this is the 500mm version. They make a 250mm version if you wany a shorter one.  lots of places that sell these wont sell just one.  mouser.com and digikey.com does sell just one and mouser.com takes paypal.

good luck

I think that 3m riser 500mm is way too long for Core P5. The problem is that mouser.com sells version 500mm in quantity min 1 but version 250mm in quantity min 120 (no idea why :/ ) digikey.com sells both versions in quantity min 1 but they are sending it from USA nad I am from Poland, so the total cost would be 86$ + 30$ shipping codt + taxes (probably 23%) = 135$ total cost!!!

Thermaltake riser is s**t and it looks that only riser to use is 3M, but I don't know why it is so hard to get it. Only two stores sell it?

Someone can somehow help?

I think that 3m riser 500mm is way too long for Core P5. The problem is that mouser.com sells version 500mm in quantity min 1 but version 250mm in quantity min 120 (no idea why :/ ) digikey.com sells both versions in quantity min 1 but they are sending it from USA nad I am from Poland, so the total cost would be 86$ + 30$ shipping codt + taxes (probably 23%) = 135$ total cost!!!

Thermaltake riser is s**t and it looks that only riser to use is 3M, but I don't know why it is so hard to get it. Only two stores sell it?

Someone can somehow help?

First of all, 3m is not the only riser you can get. There are bunch of others that cost starting from 40-50$ and works very weel.

Secondly, domain ".com" refers mostly to usa, therefore instead of wonder why a shop located in USA sending stuff from usa — you'll better search for same shop in EU (there is one).

p.s. you can get various risers on amazon, except for "3m" risers.

I'm on my 2nd cable. First one didn't work. Second one looked promising but when I ran a benchmark the scores were way down and then PC started crashing. So more junk even though it is latest one. Also having a problem with space bar on challenger keyboard so TT might be all looks but seems unreliable to me. As for their support. Have sent query about keyboard and cable (to support@thermaltake.de as per this forum) and it seems to be lost in cyberspace. Very poor customer service along with ropey products  :angry:

@industria thx for answer. It was very very helpful... I love posts that are written just to get something to write, even when they do not contribute nothing to the conversation... "I will write, that there are many risers and many stores but I won't give even a one example. ".

Secondly, domain ".com" refers mostly to usa, therefore instead of wonder why a shop located in USA sending stuff from usa — you'll better search for same shop in EU (there is one).

p.s. you can get various risers on amazon, except for "3m" risers.

Really Sherlock? Tell me something I don't know... and as you said... "mostly" 

Sometimes companys have more warehouses in other countries. Mouser.com has a customer service office in Czech Republic so I thought that they may have a branch in Europe (unfortunately they don't have).

you'll better search for same shop in EU (there is one).

and again... "there is a shop, but I won't tell you..."

You think that I wasn't searching other risers? I have read many forums and conclusion is that 3M riser gives 100% satisfaction and also 3M has already confirmed it to be compatible with PCIe 4.0 specs.
I was looking also Lian Li riser that looks similar  but it is also not cheap and not easy to get (easier than 3M) and not 100% sure that it works as good as 3M. Lian Li has a 90 degree PCI-E connector end so I would have to modify a little the bracket included with the case (it's doable, so can live with that)
Maybe I should buy riser from amazon that looks similar to Thermaltake riser or one of these that look same ####as Thermaltake riser (except 3M and Lian Li mentioned in that topic)?

Hello , i have the same issue .. my GPU acts crazy , sound stuttering , bsod .. you name it .. as i was slowly reading thru this thread one thing came to my mind .. had anyone succeed with TT riser ? like no probs at all ? Should i just empy my wallet for 3M cable (almost the same cost as p5 case lol) .. got this case cus of vertical GPU mount . appreciate any help from more experienced users :)

thanks in advance ,)

EDIT : as i am one of those who cant stand if something isnt working as intented .. i coulndt stand the issue with the riser cable - so i used basic electrician tape (black isolation one) and covered the riser with it , from one end to another , as we speak now , my pc is operating without any hicups or anythign .. i can see my self testing this whole day , but for now .. its working great :D

EDIT2 : so from last editing (30mins or so) im running heavens benchmark with 100fps +-10 .. seems like that its working ! :)

EDIT3 : aww :( first crash .. but i already got mail about RMA so .. hope i get wokting one :)

Well, I'll try to keep this polite!

This is some interesting inside look of my new rig with the TT riser cable provided with the Core-P5 case:

aida64_tt_riser.png

As everyone can see, the 700,-€+ GPU is running @ PCI-E 1.1, not 3.0!

The problems I have:

·         System sometimes doesn’t boot at all

·         System sometimes boot, but shows no picture at all

·         System sometimes boot, but shows no picture at Windows logon

·         When systems boots, sometimes get a blue-screen

·         When systems boots, sometimes there is lag when the GPU changes frequency.

·         When systems boots, sometimes there is lag and crackling sound when the GPU changes frequency.

My Hardware:

·         ASUS SABERTOOTH Z170 MARK 1

·         ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX10809-A8G-GAMING

·         Be quiet! Power Zone 750W

Here in Germany we should give the manufacturer 2 chances to correct his error (§440 Satz 2 BGB)!

First chance has started a few minutes ago as I sent an e-Mail to info@thermaltake.com.

Hope I will get an answer no later than friday.

This is some interesting inside look of my new rig with the TT riser cable provided with the Core-P5 case:

aida64_tt_riser.png

The problems I have:

·         When systems boots, sometimes there is lag when the GPU changes frequency.

·         When systems boots, sometimes there is lag and crackling sound when the GPU changes frequency.

My Hardware:

Here in Germany we should give the manufacturer 2 chances to correct his error (§440 Satz 2 BGB)!

First chance has started a few minutes ago as I sent an e-Mail to info@thermaltake.com.

emailed them saturday , monday got mail from them , you also may like to contact DE TT customers service , since im from czech republic and got redirected to DE TT customers service :)

edit : support@thermaltake.de

aida64_tt_riser.png

The problems I have:

My Hardware:

Hello,

Please try when you can get display to check in the bios on the PCI-E slot and change from "AUTO" to Gen 3.

Also,

Reseat the cable and check the connections into both MB/GPU.

As others said, you can try to contact our Germany office or just wait for the reply from the email you already sent.

I apologize I cannot help directly, but I did send off an email to try and help with your post.

-Mike

@ThermalMike

Sent an email yesterday about this very issue.  I have spent the better part of a month trying to figure out what's going on, to the point of even replacing my motherboard until last night I tried to plug in the video card directly to the board without issue.  SO MUCH WASTED TIME.

Anywho, I haven't heard back from the email that I sent to info@thermaltake.com and would like this cable sooner rather than later.

Thanks.

Hello,

Please try when you can get display to check in the bios on the PCI-E slot and change from "AUTO" to Gen 3.

Also,

Reseat the cable and check the connections into both MB/GPU.

As others said, you can try to contact our Germany office or just wait for the reply from the email you already sent.

I apologize I cannot help directly, but I did send off an email to try and help with your post.

-Mike

Thanks for your reply Mike, and the "tips". You don't know it, but I design and assemble Industrial PCs at work. So I've already through all your "tips".

Don't get me wrong, but some more QA in regards of this cable might have meant a lot less hassle for you and the guys you get your money from, your customers.

What makes me wonder some more is that I find nearly no reviews from this case where the problems with this cable are mentioned .....

Does anyone have an e-Mail adres of the German TT office?

Appreciate the feedback everyone, working on new solutions for this, coming soon!

I have been working with several customers, globally, some have more issues than others.

It is hit or miss on the cable sometimes.

Funny thing is people that dont have a problem, don't really comment.

Please contact our support team in your region, if you need help, email me.

I dont want anyone to feel alone on this, after all the replacement is free of charge :)

It just depends on where everyone is at and the stock in that region to support.

Hang in there all, will get you support, it just takes time depending on where you are in the world.

Appreciate the feedback everyone, working on new solutions for this, coming soon!

I have been working with several customers, globally, some have more issues than others.

It is hit or miss on the cable sometimes.

Funny thing is people that dont have a problem, don't really comment.

Please contact our support team in your region, if you need help, email me.

I dont want anyone to feel alone on this, after all the replacement is free of charge :)

It just depends on where everyone is at and the stock in that region to support.

Hang in there all, will get you support, it just takes time depending on where you are in the world.

Thanks Mike for your interest and help.
Two months without reply and without a sad mail is a long time here in Spain and I feel very very alone. Maybe and as say some users I will have to start looking for the solution outside of thermaltake. :unsure:

**ATTN Users with Thermaltake Riser Cables**

**UPDATED 8/3/2016**

If you are experiencing issues with your Thermaltake Riser Cable product, please help to contact our support for warranty replacement options.

Email Contacts:

USA/Canada/South America:

ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

International Global Customers:

info@thermaltake.com

Subject: Thermaltake Riser Cable Request

What we need:

1. Motherboard Make/Model

2. GPU Make/Model

3. Your invoice/receipt

4. Brief description on the issues you are having

5. Your shipping address

6. Your Name

7. Phone Number (For shipping purposes)

Once your email has been received, please allow 1-3 business days for processing.

Due to region availability, some requests may be delayed.

delayed?? over a week??? broken on first try, sent email no response, its easier for me to send the case back to overclockers than it is to wait for the never never awesome customer support

delayed?? over a week??? broken on first try, sent email no response, its easier for me to send the case back to overclockers than it is to wait for the never never awesome customer support

im kinda on the edge of returig my p5 core case , main selling point was vertical mount , sadly this feature im unable to use , i dont wanna spend another 100e on properly working riser card , also when i asked if this newly designed rubbercoated riser card is being send to users with faulty riser i have not beed answered till this day .. im kinda dissapointed :(

Hi

I'm having problems with my P3 and riser cable too.

First cable caused reboots, boots with no image, driver fails warnings, and constant latency spikes and sound stuttering.

Contacted Thermaltake, and got no response so far, not even a "Thank you for contacting us".

I'm from Portugal, and dealt with the store I bought the case from (PcComponentes, in Spain).

They sent me a new cable yesterday, which I assembled so very carefully avoiding cable strain and keep the cable curves as wide as possible.

First run on new cable: same constant latency spikes and sound stuttering.

GPU went back directly on the pci-e slot: all problems gone. 

My setup:

Asus P8Z77 WS Motherboard 

Asus R9 390 Strix Direct CUIII