**ATTN Users with Thermaltake Riser Cables**

ThermalMike

It really can depend on the components you are using, your MB and VGA could have an issue where the cable, even a replacement cable may not resolve the issue.

There are other cables on the market, you can welcome to purchase them as the riser cable we include is not a guarantee.

Specs always help when you have a concern like this so we know what you are working with.

Also, please make sure to contact our support for assistance with a replacement. (See 1st post for details)

I have seen and will say this again, several users are working fine, it is just hit or miss.

I have seen personally, GTX 1080's in SLI working fine and giving full performance scores.

I have seen more issues with non-reference GPU's and GPU that have modified PCB from the original NVIDIA spec.

Also, to be honest, I see more problems with AMD than NVIDIA too.

There are other solutions out there if the replacement is not working for you, especially  after multiple replacements.

Contact us and will work with our region teams to help with another replacement.

Hi Mike,

I did take your advice and chose a lian li twin axial pcie riser for a total cost of 112 aud (85 USD). This brought the total of the case to 281 AUD (215 USD), which puts it in another tier of cases. In Australia, You advertise something  works a certain way, it does or your money back. So as much as you say you have no guarantee on a pci-e riser, if its in the supplied kit, it should work as intended or you get a refund, you don't get to say that, Australian Comsumer Law does.

As for working with your teams. The Australian team is lagging behind in customer service, so no.... not after spending $169 AUD on a case am I going to sit on the fence for three weeks waiting for your service department to supply me with a working case. This is not a faulty part, you sold a me a whole case with a faulty part.

I note you've released as twin axial pcie cable lately? If you're original was as good as you said, why release a new one? Once again thermal take has a rep for poor quality ####, I love the case but it cost me more then a enthoo evolve atx and really its not worth 215 usd for a frame and a bit of plexi glass.

So I am about done with my latest build in a Core P5 and just found this thread.  It just made me think about the fact that the PCI riser cable was folded in half when I pulled it out the box. Needless to say, I am now extremely concerned about the riser cable.  It seems like even if I don't get boot errors and general buggy behavior from this system, it won't be running at full potential.  Current build is on the Asus X99-AII mobo with an Asus STRIX 1080 OC edition graphics card.

My main question is this, if/when the cable that came with the case goes bad, will the replacement cable now be the old replacement cable or the new premium cable?

Also, has anyone had experience with the premium cables?  I am seriously considering just ordering a new cable before I finish this build.  It's really important to me that this build be rock solid.  It's a Christmas/graduation gift to my son.  Soon he won't be in the house to have dad as his personal IT guy.

Really hope @ThermalMike can chime in on this.  Although I see he hasn't been active in this thread since November last year.

I am seriously thinking about not ordering the P5 now. Has the issue been resolved with the P5 Tempered Glass Edition Case? Will it ship with the new cable or the older folded cable?

I ordered the P3 snow edition last week and i've got the 'not' folded cable. It was flat straight in the box, don't know if it's the newer revision or not.

I have not seen the differences between the two (picture would be welcome)

Same old same, it did not work. It's in RMA now, they've asked my adress, never heard from them after.

I hope they send me the premium one, it would be the right thing to do.

There is a user on overclock.net forums who received one.

You can read it right here :

http://www.overclock.net/t/1605221/thermaltake-core-p3-owners-club/390

Let us know (as in everyone) how this issue progresses.

As in the people with the new riser cables, do they keep up after long time usage?

I got an email a few days back asking for my shipping adres. Nothing since. We will see, the one I recieved in the box with me was a non folded one yet it still didn't work. So I hope the one they send me is good....

Same, still no email.

EDIT

f***k it, gonna  buy the riser cable from Amazon. 

Anyone has a link?

Have not had any luck finding the new premium cables on Amazon.  Looks like you can buy the 300mm directly from Thermaltake's site here.  For now I'm going to try contacting them through regular support channels as describe by ThermalMike. Let us know if you hear anything from them.  I know I will.

Have not had any luck finding the new premium cables on Amazon.  Looks like you can buy the 300mm directly from Thermaltake's site here.  For now I'm going to try contacting them through regular support channels as describe by ThermalMike. Let us know if you hear anything from them.  I know I will.

So I just wanted to follow up on my last post with an update.  Read on if you are interested.  TLDR; It took less than 24hours of actual business days to get a response and a tracking number on a new cable.

• I opened up a support request by emailing them at ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com late Friday.

• Got the automated reply about 90 minutes later.  Email had a link to a page to fill out more specific info.  Filled out the info on Saturday, but didn't have my original receipt to upload on the page.

• Got a reply this morning, Monday, about 11:00am central.  They required actual receipt to process RMA.

• Luckily the local Fry's was able to do a reprint of the invoice for me.  Got this scanned and sent as attachment right about 4:00pm central. I also asked if the replacement cable would be the new premium 300mm model.

• Received a reply 7 minutes later that a new cable will be sent out tomorrow and that I would not need to send the old cable back.  No mention of what the new cable would be.

• Replied to that email asking again if the new cable would be the premium model.  Also offered to pay difference to get premium cable if I could.

• Received two more automated looking emails, one with instructions on returning the other with a tracking number.  No mention of what the cable will be.

When the cable arrives I will update.  I am in the U.S. so maybe that's the difference in my experience compared to the people having issues getting a replacement?

So I just wanted to follow up on my last post with an update.  Read on if you are interested.  TLDR; It took less than 24hours of actual business days to get a response and a tracking number on a new cable.

• I opened up a support request by emailing them at ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com late Friday.

• Got the automated reply about 90 minutes later.  Email had a link to a page to fill out more specific info.  Filled out the info on Saturday, but didn't have my original receipt to upload on the page.

• Got a reply this morning, Monday, about 11:00am central.  They required actual receipt to process RMA.

• Luckily the local Fry's was able to do a reprint of the invoice for me.  Got this scanned and sent as attachment right about 4:00pm central. I also asked if the replacement cable would be the new premium 300mm model.

• Received a reply 7 minutes later that a new cable will be sent out tomorrow and that I would not need to send the old cable back.  No mention of what the new cable would be.

• Replied to that email asking again if the new cable would be the premium model.  Also offered to pay difference to get premium cable if I could.

• Received two more automated looking emails, one with instructions on returning the other with a tracking number.  No mention of what the cable will be.

When the cable arrives I will update.  I am in the U.S. so maybe that's the difference in my experience compared to the people having issues getting a replacement?

New cable arrived in the mail last night.  I had a bad feeling as soon as I saw the box because it was obviously to short to fit any of the premium riser cables offered by Thermaltake.  Opened the box and it was the same cable that came with the case, folded in half.  Not tightly folded, but folded all the same.  Given the experience with the first cable I probably won't bother using this one for long.  Now I just have to decide what cable to use.  3M or the Thermaltake premium cable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why even include this cable? Just lower the price of the case like you did with the P3 SE and don't ship it with a cable. I just bought a P5 and had to splurge another 40 bucks on a PCI-E cable because I am expecting the one that comes with the case to be "problematic".

I am seriously thinking about not ordering the P5 now. Has the issue been resolved with the P5 Tempered Glass Edition Case? Will it ship with the new cable or the older folded cable?

Yes, I purchased core p5 tg edition and rist cable works perfectly with my gtx 1080.

UC6LqyK.jpg?2

Looking for a cable for the P3... but in Germany taxes and stuff are so expensive from the us... if i would buy the tt premium one in the tt premium shop it would cost 190€ ...

i could get the Lian Li PW-PCI-E38-1 Riser Cabel but i guess its too long (38cm) and the bracket is not on the same side/direction as the boxed one. Anybody used the Lian Li cabel?

Good morning, i did not know that there was a issue with the riser cable until now. This issues drove me crazy, i even RMA my video card because i thought that was the problem. I have 5 pci exp slot and only works in th 8x one (sometimes) i need to receive a new one, i already sent an email with my pc specs and the proof of purchase. Thanks.

How can us in Australia order the premium cable? I've had 2 replacement cables sent to me so I just want to bite the bullet and buy the new premium one however I'm NOT paying $78 for delivery? That is ludicrous, $148 for the cable when you supplied 3 x faulty cables to me. 

Hi Pyro2677. If you're here in Australia or New Zealand and are after our TT PREMIUM Riser Cable (available in 300mm, 600mm and 1M sizes), you can order directly through all good PC stores and online retailers. You can find them at PC Case Gear, Mwave, PLE Computers etc. etc.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. For all local Australia or New Zealand queries we do recommend you get in touch with our local Melbourne office directly on (03) 9544 6587 - as we'll be able to help you out immediately.