**ATTN Users with Thermaltake Riser Cables**

ThermalMike

15 hours ago, OleP said:

Hi Katie, somewhat yes, I found the part number for the 300mm premium too, but thank you very much

As for the other cables, seems it's best to ignore them and just go for the premium.

Have a nice day ;)

/Ole P

OK, my replacement cable came today and it was exactly the same as the old defective version, so it looks like someone was clearing defective inventory.

As you can imagine, I am very unhappy about this. I have had several Thermaltake cases in the past and never had this level of problem. I am also frankly shocked, that they would not send me the replacement version of the cable.

This is so disappointing and hardly a way of building trust, reputation and brand loyalty. It is one thing to have a problem, but this is not the way to solve it. Do NOT replace a defective item under a functional recall with exactly the same item.

33 minutes ago, katie1348 said:

OK, my replacement cable came today and it was exactly the same as the old defective version, so it looks like someone was clearing defective inventory.

As you can imagine, I am very unhappy about this. I have had several Thermaltake cases in the past and never had this level of problem. I am also frankly shocked, that they would not send me the replacement version of the cable.

This is so disappointing and hardly a way of building trust, reputation and brand loyalty. It is one thing to have a problem, but this is not the way to solve it. Do NOT replace a defective item under a functional recall with exactly the same item.

Hi Katie1348,

Here to help and sorry for the inconvenience with this.

If you can email me mike.fierheller@thermaltakeusa.com, let me know who you have been working with and sent me a quick picture of the 2 cables you now have to confirm.

Regardless of where you are globally, I can help to escalate this to support you.]\

Thanks for reaching out so we can assist.

On 7/4/2017 at 3:49 PM, TomP5Build said:

never bothered with the junk cable.... (i'm not connecting a cheap cable to a $700 Video card) installed the video card direct to PCI slot on mother board... TT is ruining their market... with junk... now i got problems with junk fans... "Ring Plus 12" with the premium software...where it wont recognize the controller box... I doubt i will buy anymore of their product...really  junk! Sorry guys... but you are what you do! 

Hi TomP5Build,

Please contact me via email, mike.fierheller@thermaltakeusa.com. Help update me on what you have going on.

Will sync up with you next week on a solution.

@ThermalMike Ok this has REALLY REALLY going being funny. My wife got me a PREMIUM cable after the 3 faulty ones you replaced and I get to loading the windows login screen and black. Nothing and both monitors say no cable connected. Windows has booted in the background but i have black monitors. This has happened a few times and mainly from cold boot or the first boot of the day i have to reboot my computer and the screens come back. Not this time as it would just do the same thing and no cable connected. The only way i got my computer to work right now was to push up on the cable and move it around and now it is working again. I have a Core P5 and I'm about to get the GPU waterblock in about 2 weeks and it is so lucky i haven't installed that yet because then i would be even madder if i had to drain my system. The worst thing about this situation is it's not an easy thing to change the vertical mount to board mount. As you can see from the pics there is a nice curve and not sharp curves.  

20170711_221812.jpg

20170711_221827.jpg

20170711_221837.jpg

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, ThermalMike said:

Hi Katie1348,

If you can email me mike.fierheller@thermaltakeusa.com, let me know who you have been working with and sent me a quick picture of the 2 cables you now have to confirm.

Regardless of where you are globally, I can help to escalate this to support you.]\

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the offer, but at I currently have £1000 of hardware sitting getting old and not usable, I have RMA'd the case back to the supplier in the UK and bought a Corsair Carbide 400C. I really cannot wait any longer.

It was not really what I wanted, but there is only so long I am prepared to have my new system sitting useless on the side without any way of making it work.

I gave Thermaltake a fair chance at sorting out the problem and they via their distributor tried to fob me off with rubbish. I know what the cable should look like, as there are images of it on the TT website, the fact the shielding comes off as soon as you try to use it, means that it was never going to last even if the system booted, which in fairness, it does with graphics from time to time, but pressing the windows key is enough to finish it off.

I am disappointed, as I have had TT cases in the past and they have been very nice. Obviously, lesson learnt and I will not be making the mistake of ever using a case with a riser cable again. I will not have TT at the top of my case list either.

We will see if Corsair will do better.

What is particularly upsetting, is that I had to buy a  special power supply (Corsair SF600) for the G3, which is unsuitable for most other cases as it is a SFX form factor. That was £100, now I need another PSU. Fingers crossed that the supplier will take it back, but I doubt it. So, this will have cost me an additional £198 to fix. This leaves a very bitter taste and makes it very hard to consider Thermaltake in the future.

I hope anyone reading this, will get a case that does NOT use a riser card and forgo all this hassle. The neat factor is not worth the computer being down for weeks.

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:41 PM, ThermalMike said:

Hi Katie1348,

Hi Mike,

So you understand what is/has happened, the original and the replacement riser cables, both had the white PCI-E lock, not the black one that is on the newer cables and the premium cables.

In good faith I tried the replacement cable, but it performed the same, poorly then stopped working all together.

I believe that P/N: AC-053-CN1OTN-C1 shows what a cable should look like and mine looks like the one found here https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812183015, which even shows the newer version as a replacement.

The distributor screwed me and it is Thermaltake which will pay the price for this. I was not sent the replacement cable, I was sent the rubbish they had in stock and could not sell. The replacement was sent by AOne http://www.aone.co.uk/ and they should assume I will never buy from there too.

On 7/7/2017 at 4:45 PM, ThermalMike said:

Hi TomP5Build,

Please contact me via email, mike.fierheller@thermaltakeusa.com. Help update me on what you have going on.

Will sync up with you next week on a solution.

thank you sir... for your consideration! I resolved the software issue... and will pass on the cable...  thanks Mike... so you can move on, nothing to see or sync here... thanks!

Hi!

I buy a thermaltake P5 this week and had doubts about whether the PCI cable was safe to install. Before buying it I had already read some comments from people who have made a short circuit.

Would I have to contact the technical service or can you tell me here if it is safe to install it? Or do I have to buy another one?

Regards! Sorry for my poor english

c79f3418-9351-4c39-aa99-1129ab1650c6.jpg

5 hours ago, macmiau said:

Hi!

I buy a thermaltake P5 this week and had doubts about whether the PCI cable was safe to install. Before buying it I had already read some comments from people who have made a short circuit.

Would I have to contact the technical service or can you tell me here if it is safe to install it? Or do I have to buy another one?

Regards! Sorry for my poor english

c79f3418-9351-4c39-aa99-1129ab1650c6.jpg

Looks like PCI-E clip is black here in the picture.

If the retention clip is black, you are good.

The white clip does work, just not for everyone, it has already being phased out.

20 hours ago, TomP5Build said:

thank you sir... for your consideration! I resolved the software issue... and will pass on the cable...  thanks Mike... so you can move on, nothing to see or sync here... thanks!

Tom,

Great to hear, PM me how you resolved it if you have time :D

thx!

Having the same issues now, thought at first it was the graphics card, never heard or read of the bad riser before.

But tested it now and yeah, when i push it a bit it works when it just hangs it doesn't.

Who do I need to contact for a replacement riser cable (i'm from Belgium)?

This is annoying, I also got problems. 
First, my computer started up fast with my x299 Asus Tuf Mark 1 and Thermaltake ps 3 core I got yesterday. 
Later on, I removed the cable because I needed to put in a USB cable on the motherboard. Then gently add the PCIe cable back again. 
This time my boot hanged and the motherboard complaint about VGA. After reading some posts and saw a youtube clip regarding almost the same problem I took it out and put in again and straighten it a little bit. 

Now my computer starts but the boot does not hang but something happening, it takes time to boot up my computer, but no VGA errors. 
Regardless that I can't watch youtube clips anymore. As you can see on my image. I have tried all settings for tearing problems etc...
And I still get this boot issue... When I try my asus gtx 1080 on the pcie slot it works fine. So it's something strange with this cable.
And it's odd that it's not fixed though it seems like the problem has existed back in time... 

Did anyone get the same problem as I?  
1st... Hang at boot when it says press bios. 
2nd...It takes time to boot up stand still at bios screen (have 1 sec on bios so it's not set to higher value regarding boot)
3rd.. Stream videos got tearing regardless of vsync settings, HW acceleration on off (problem in all browsers)
4th... Sometimes I got a driver error, only got it twice after some reboots... Not sure if it was because of reboot after installing a program. 

I haven't tried 3d games yet, I do not have any atm though my computer is fresh installed, 3D Mark worked fine, but cpu benchmark showed tearing videos in the video-test-section. 

Mem is ok, cpu is ok when testing. No problem with heat. 

1.PNG

On 18-7-2017 at 1:29 PM, jnormen said:

This is annoying, I also got problems. 
First, my computer started up fast with my x299 Asus Tuf Mark 1 and Thermaltake ps 3 core I got yesterday. 
Later on, I removed the cable because I needed to put in a USB cable on the motherboard. Then gently add the PCIe cable back again. 
This time my boot hanged and the motherboard complaint about VGA. After reading some posts and saw a youtube clip regarding almost the same problem I took it out and put in again and straighten it a little bit. 

Now my computer starts but the boot does not hang but something happening, it takes time to boot up my computer, but no VGA errors. 
Regardless that I can't watch youtube clips anymore. As you can see on my image. I have tried all settings for tearing problems etc...
And I still get this boot issue... When I try my asus gtx 1080 on the pcie slot it works fine. So it's something strange with this cable.
And it's odd that it's not fixed though it seems like the problem has existed back in time... 

Did anyone get the same problem as I?  
1st... Hang at boot when it says press bios. 
2nd...It takes time to boot up stand still at bios screen (have 1 sec on bios so it's not set to higher value regarding boot)
3rd.. Stream videos got tearing regardless of vsync settings, HW acceleration on off (problem in all browsers)
4th... Sometimes I got a driver error, only got it twice after some reboots... Not sure if it was because of reboot after installing a program. 

I haven't tried 3d games yet, I do not have any atm though my computer is fresh installed, 3D Mark worked fine, but cpu benchmark showed tearing videos in the video-test-section. 

Mem is ok, cpu is ok when testing. No problem with heat. 

1.PNG

This is basically what we all suffer from.

It's been over a month since I got a reply so I went out and bought the premium version (TT Charge 191$) Of an Ebay seller. Sure enough, works fine. Until 2 weeks passed, then the same #### happened again. Going with a different brand now.

On 7/15/2017 at 7:48 PM, LnknLusT said:

I have the same issue, when connecting the cable... performance drops and stuttering occurs. Sent an e-mail to thermaltake for replacement.

I live in Egypt so, will there be any  problems in the shipping ? and if so, how long will it take ?

Update:

Received mail from Thermaltake CS and also Mike for forwarding the case and asking about the postal code and the serial number for the case.
Sent the info needed and waiting for feedback regarding the delivery.

Thanks to Mike for caring.

About the new cables received. Is there any working guaranteed cable to receive, as I heard ppl here receive different cables.

Also, If the premium cable is working. Does it come as a replacement for the faulty one for charge or for free??

Thanks.

On 7/20/2017 at 10:40 AM, LnknLusT said:

Update:

Received mail from Thermaltake CS and also Mike for forwarding the case and asking about the postal code and the serial number for the case.

About the new cables received. Is there any working guaranteed cable to receive, as I heard ppl here receive different cables.

Also, If the premium cable is working. Does it come as a replacement for the faulty one for charge or for free??

Thanks.

You did? Didn't get any response at all :/ 

On 7/20/2017 at 10:40 AM, LnknLusT said:

Update:

Thanks.

Update:

Received the cable last Monday at night. It's the exact same cable with no change in the length or the type, have been trying the cable for 2 days. First time it didn't boot, so I tried to move the cable slightly out of the PCI Express slot and it worked with very very low FPS. Didn't even boot some games. Tried again by moving it out again and it worked but with beeping sound that the VGA has problem. I ignored it and made some tests and it worked flawlessly. And left the PC for 2 days working without rebooting or powering it off as I was already downloading some stuff and also I was afraid that it would do it again.

Restarted the PC yesterday night and it didn't boot since then !!! giving No Signal error on the monitor screen. And it only boots when I take the riser cable off and connect the GPU directly to the slot or when I boot with the integrated GPU.

I tried not to bend the cable and to not to let the shield out of the sockets.

I'm fed up with this issue. I only bought the case to have the GPU front standing as it's too heavy and causes the GPU to sag (Zotac Amp! Extreme GTX 1080).

Have anyone ordered other cable from Thermaltake or any other type like the premium one ??? And how much for the extra fees.

I really like the case as it has many options, but the cable is really destroying my image to Thermaltake.

8 minutes ago, LnknLusT said:

Update:

Received the cable last Monday at night. It's the exact same cable with no change in the length or the type, have been trying the cable for 2 days. First time it didn't boot, so I tried to move the cable slightly out of the PCI Express slot and it worked with very very low FPS. Didn't even boot some games. Tried again by moving it out again and it worked but with beeping sound that the VGA has problem. I ignored it and made some tests and it worked flawlessly. And left the PC for 2 days working without rebooting or powering it off as I was already downloading some stuff and also I was afraid that it would do it again.

Restarted the PC yesterday night and it didn't boot since then !!! giving No Signal error on the monitor screen. And it only boots when I take the riser cable off and connect the GPU directly to the slot or when I boot with the integrated GPU.

I tried not to bend the cable and to not to let the shield out of the sockets.

I'm fed up with this issue. I only bought the case to have the GPU front standing as it's too heavy and causes the GPU to sag (Zotac Amp! Extreme GTX 1080).

Have anyone ordered other cable from Thermaltake or any other type like the premium one ??? And how much for the extra fees.

I really like the case as it has many options, but the cable is really destroying my image to Thermaltake.

I found a video on youtube regarding this issue and a test with: EZDIY NEW PCI Express 16x Flexible Cable Card Extension Port Adapter High Speed
And many people even added ratings 5 with a comment regarding Thermaltakes cables... 

I have ordered one my self. Still waiting for it... shall be here in a week or so... 

Good luck! 

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings!

Have the same trouble like many costumers here.
I have send email on 03.08.2017 to info@thermaltake.com and requested reply, but since then I don't received any answer. In my email have wrote every information what on the first page is requested.

Still waiting for answer!

Best regards:
-iFA

Yeah so.  I have Asus Strix z270e motherboard and Strix 1080 OC mounted in Core P3.  The cable I received with the case had a black clip and worked for a few days before I got stuttering.  Contacted Thermaltake and they then sent me a cable with a white slide lock.  This cable worked great for about 1 day.  Next I began seeing artifacts in video.  I decided to reboot...  computer would not reboot.  Took the cable out and used integrated hdmi port.  Booted fine.  So yeah...  Thermaltake sent me one cable with my Core P3 that sucked hard after 1 week and the UPGRADED cable they supposedly sent me worked for 1 day then sucked even worse.  Really ####.  I have my case mounted to my wall so it's a pain in the rear end to have to keep jacking around with it.  UGH