**ATTN Users with Thermaltake Riser Cables**

ThermalMike

Hello there, I'm from Indonesia, last friday I just bought Core G3, and it came with "an old" pci-e riser cable ( with white clip ), I can not even seen bios screen when using PCI-E 16x lane, but funny thing is, it's work normaly when I switched into PCI-E 4x lane on my motherboard. Is there any change I can get a replacement for a new pci-riser cable with black clip from thermaltake indonesia ?

Thanks In Advance.

On 17/7/2017 at 5:27 AM, Albertt said:

Hi, I'm from México i buy the Thermaltake Riser Cable 20 cm in amazon.
Can i get support for warranty replacement here?

Thanks for reading me.

Good news!!

I wrote a mail 24th of july, 27th july they send me a replacement cable, after a few days it arrived.

This time the cable work great, this is working without problems ( For more than three weeks ). i hope that it will work for many time.
*of course from spanish to english with google translator :)

DSCN0730.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All.

I have ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe Motherboard. It had the same issue as not working on PCIE-x16 slot, I have Updated BIOS (0802), which was released today, thought it could fix the issue, but it didn't.

In BIOS I changed PCIX-16 to Gen3 From Auto (default). Its working fine now, hopefully it will be ok in future.

Is annoying that i've sent a RMA mail 2 weeks ago to info@thermaltake.com with this problem in the riser on my new Thermaltake P3 Snow Edition (bought 17 days ago) and have not received any reply from Thermaltake. I've sent all information with the invoice from Amazon and no response, then... i still with a faulty riser that cannot attach my GPU in the way that i want for this problem

Thought I'd weigh in on this. I too emailed info@thermaltake.com, however it's probably better just to directly submit an RMA request on the website, as per their reply email to me:

If you would please file a RMA claim at http://warranty.thermaltake.com.au/SubmitWarrantyRequest.aspx

And send the faulty riser cable back we will be able to organise a replacement cable to be sent out to you.

I have one of the "older style" riser cables and was getting system hangs, glitches, crashing and terrible performance as well. Meanwhile my new PC is sitting caseless as I wait for a replacement cable.

Sent the email as in 1st post of this thread on September 10th and also the eRMA from the website, no reply anywhere yet :(

Have the P3 Core Black with the newer style riser with the black clip and it's been causing a 0.25s lag spike on start of every process, after a couple of weeks it got worse and started doing it all the time, benchmark scores dropped by half. Had to buy a GTX 1070 to fit directly on the motherboard as my 980Ti is too long and had no problems since so it's 100% the riser...

I just sent an email awhile ago. bought the p3 snow edition that comes with a stock riser last july 2017. and getting slutter/lag and fps drops in game. even in browsing. and oh, some Audio Delays. hoping to get a response soon and hoping for a replacement :( i cant even open my pc anymore. im using my old laptop at the moment :( 

i live here in philippines, i hope they can still send me a replacement for my riser. thanks

I recently bought a Core P3 - love the case.  Was using the PCI-E riser (newer black clip version) and noticed that performance was much lower than it was when the card was seated directly in the PCI-E slot.  I had the riser plugged in to slot 3, so I disconnected the power and swapped the riser to slot 1.  The computer turned on, made a crackling noise then shut off and wouldn't turn on.  I assumed I'd not plugged it in correctly and this shorted something and killed my motherboard.  So I received a replacement motherboard yesterday and set it up again.  Was getting video glitches, could only run windows in safe mode, sometimes the system wouldn't post and the VGA light stay lit up on the motherboard indicating something wrong with the graphics card connection.  Then later last night while the system was powered on and had hung again trying to load Windows the new motherboard made a loud popping sound.  So that's a second dead motherboard.  I had originally thought the shorts might have been caused by the RGB lights and splitters I have been setting up, but after reading this thread I'm now think (though can't be certain) it's the PCI-E riser cable that's shorting somewhere and has killed the two motherboards.  I'll get in touch with support and hopefully can sort out getting one of the premium riser cables or something...

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone, good afternoon, a few days ago buy a P5 and guess what ... hahaha, that's right, I also have problems with the #### riser pcie. Someone please tell me if thermaltake is solving these problems and is responding to this serious error.
I think like almost everyone, using the gpu in that position is one of the main reasons why I buy this case. 
Really disappointed that with so much time elapsed they have not solved this problem.  

Sorry for my bad English, greetings to all and thank you very much.

On 26. 10. 2017 at 8:32 PM, Mati_jbevi said:

Hello everyone, good afternoon, a few days ago buy a P5 and guess what ... hahaha, that's right, I also have problems with the #### riser pcie. Someone please tell me if thermaltake is solving these problems and is responding to this serious error.
I think like almost everyone, using the gpu in that position is one of the main reasons why I buy this case. 
Really disappointed that with so much time elapsed they have not solved this problem.  

Sorry for my bad English, greetings to all and thank you very much.

Maybe if you're lucky and have the white clip version, you will get a replacement, but if you have a newer black version one, it's your problem. Seeing the cost of the premium cable together with the cost of the case, it ain't worth it... Hopefully some competition will make a similar case with a working riser and they'll have a winner.

On 9/28/2017 at 9:11 AM, annoyeduser32 said:

Thought I'd weigh in on this. I too emailed info@thermaltake.com, however it's probably better just to directly submit an RMA request on the website, as per their reply email to me:

I have one of the "older style" riser cables and was getting system hangs, glitches, crashing and terrible performance as well. Meanwhile my new PC is sitting caseless as I wait for a replacement cable.

Just an update, received my replacement cable and *touch wood* seems to be working OK! No more errors spewing out of my console!

Just to follow up here on this topic, we have had great success with the replacement cable to support everyone with this free of charge service.

We are still working with users globally, some regions are a little slower, but we are getting there.

If anyone is still having issues, or have contacted please keep this in mind:

1. Email us or contact our support, dont wait once you confirm the issue: http://www.thermaltake.com/corporate.aspx?t=4

2. Always suggest to air test your components before putting them under water :)

3. If you emailed us and did not hear back, email us again, something may have happened on the original one and we do not know you need assistance.

I want everyone to know Thermaltake is here for our customers. Thank you for your patience :D

On 3/11/2017 at 1:56 PM, ThermalMike said:

Just to follow up here on this topic, we have had great success with the replacement cable to support everyone with this free of charge service.

We are still working with users globally, some regions are a little slower, but we are getting there.

If anyone is still having issues, or have contacted please keep this in mind:

1. Email us or contact our support, dont wait once you confirm the issue: http://www.thermaltake.com/corporate.aspx?t=4

2. Always suggest to air test your components before putting them under water :)

3. If you emailed us and did not hear back, email us again, something may have happened on the original one and we do not know you need assistance.

I want everyone to know Thermaltake is here for our customers. Thank you for your patience :D

Hi Mike, i am currently sending u an email with all the data u mention in other post of this thread, in order to replace my faulty cable. Thank you very much!

EDIT: Forget to send my case S/N... :wacko:

Hi, I recently bought a Thermaltake case (Core G3) that includes the riser cable. I am having issues like only getting 2.0 PCIE speed (if I set it to gen3, with the riser cable I get no image), and slow boot (it looks like the bios is waiting for the graphics card to boot).
I have a Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3 motherboard (rev. 1.1) with a Gigabyte Nvidia 1050 TI 4GB graphics card.

Would my issues be solved with a replacement cable?

On 11/11/2017 at 3:40 AM, Victor vhv said:

Hi, I recently bought a Thermaltake case (Core G3) that includes the riser cable. I am having issues like only getting 2.0 PCIE speed (if I set it to gen3, with the riser cable I get no image), and slow boot (it looks like the bios is waiting for the graphics card to boot).
I have a Gigabyte GA-H97-HD3 motherboard (rev. 1.1) with a Gigabyte Nvidia 1050 TI 4GB graphics card.

Would my issues be solved with a replacement cable?

Hi,

If the cable you have has the white clip, then I would suggest to get it swapped under our free service we are offering globally.

Check OP for details.

• 2 weeks later...

So 2 of my friends and I are planning on a very large build for each of us. Are the faulty pcie cables still being sent out in new purchases? It seems strange to me that a known issue would be perpetuated by continuing to send them out. (not trying to sound like a je rk)   If that is the case, how long does the shipping process take to receive a replacement cable (mid Michigan) and do I have to test it? I'd rather not risk my GPU because I cannot afford to replace it.  We are very interested in this case and,  like I said, 3 of us are planning on buying a P5. 

Thanks!

On 11/27/2017 at 3:47 AM, Helios12991 said:

So 2 of my friends and I are planning on a very large build for each of us. Are the faulty pcie cables still being sent out in new purchases? It seems strange to me that a known issue would be perpetuated by continuing to send them out. (not trying to sound like a je rk)   If that is the case, how long does the shipping process take to receive a replacement cable (mid Michigan) and do I have to test it? I'd rather not risk my GPU because I cannot afford to replace it.  We are very interested in this case and,  like I said, 3 of us are planning on buying a P5. 

Thanks!

I can only really speak for the USA market, we did not include the riser cable in the Core P3, it was only with the P5 originally, then we made a change. The new TT Gaming Riser has been the replacement for a while now, but again it all depends on where you buy it. The cable is "Optional" and if you do have an issue and are in the USA, feel free to contact our support:

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Also to mention, the riser cable does not damage the card, it cant really unless it is not connected correctly, it has no additional power requirements like others in the market that are much more risky. You did not mention what you are planning to buy, but likley you will not see our case with the riser cable included (Sold Separately). I would also suggest to just buy 2 cables to avoid it all together. We also have a Premium cable, doubt you will have an issue with that one.

13 hours ago, ThermalMike said:

I can only really speak for the USA market, we did not include the riser cable in the Core P3, it was only with the P5 originally, then we made a change. The new TT Gaming Riser has been the replacement for a while now, but again it all depends on where you buy it. The cable is "Optional" and if you do have an issue and are in the USA, feel free to contact our support:

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Also to mention, the riser cable does not damage the card, it cant really unless it is not connected correctly, it has no additional power requirements like others in the market that are much more risky. You did not mention what you are planning to buy, but likley you will not see our case with the riser cable included (Sold Separately). I would also suggest to just buy 2 cables to avoid it all together. We also have a Premium cable, doubt you will have an issue with that one.

We'll be buying from either US Amazon or Newegg.  Thanks for the info and the quick reply! I'm looking forward to the build! 

On 11/13/2017 at 6:19 PM, ThermalMike said:

Hi,

If the cable you have has the white clip, then I would suggest to get it swapped under our free service we are offering globally.

Check OP for details.

Hello mike, im wondering if you could spare some help for a guy in the UK,I have been trying to email your Europe counter parts and i am having no success at all. Sent about 6 emails in the last 3 days asking if they would replace my recently brought p5 case with its white clip riser,and every email gets bounced back, i only would like the cable replaced, its obviously is in  warranty and been causing system crashes,artifacts and system lock ups,i know this as when my 1070 is attached directly to the motherboard its all fine.

I have tried changing it from auto to gen 2,worked for a bit (about 10 days) then started causiing serious issues,been through all the steps to check if its my setup,and it must be the riser.

I only brought this case for 2 reasons

1. I wanted a open case

2. I wanted to show off my card in all its glory

I do have my proof of purchase,and really need some help over here.

On 1. 12. 2017 at 11:11 AM, Booze said:

Hello mike, im wondering if you could spare some help for a guy in the UK,I have been trying to email your Europe counter parts and i am having no success at all. Sent about 6 emails in the last 3 days asking if they would replace my recently brought p5 case with its white clip riser,and every email gets bounced back, i only would like the cable replaced, its obviously is in  warranty and been causing system crashes,artifacts and system lock ups,i know this as when my 1070 is attached directly to the motherboard its all fine.

I have tried changing it from auto to gen 2,worked for a bit (about 10 days) then started causiing serious issues,been through all the steps to check if its my setup,and it must be the riser.

I only brought this case for 2 reasons

1. I wanted a open case

2. I wanted to show off my card in all its glory

I do have my proof of purchase,and really need some help over here.

I'm in Europe too and i emailed info@thermaltake.com for a replacement as per 1st post template, took a while but i finally received the replacement a couple of days ago.

16 hours ago, igralec said:

I'm in Europe too and i emailed info@thermaltake.com for a replacement as per 1st post template, took a while but i finally received the replacement a couple of days ago.

Thanks for the reply igralec,right royal pain,just finished setting up my custom loops too,i really hope i get a replacement.This case is really nice and shows off all the right things,but that white clip riser cable is terrible,shielding looks really poorly made.