ThermalMike

**ATTN Users with Thermaltake Riser Cables**

Just throwing my hat into the ring with this problem.  Just bought a Core P5 it has the white clip on the riser cable and my video card (Asus Poseidon 1080ti) on MB(Asus ROG maximus Hero X AC wifi w/ i7-8700k) and when I check the video card with GPU-Z it is showing that it is only able to come up at x8 1.1.  I am sure it is in the correct PCIe slot and the BIOS even if I force it to x16 gen3 I still only get x8.  

Funny how you know there is a major problem when you run a benchmark on the video and the result was WAY under my 1060 GTX card, and barely better than a built in laptop graphics card lol.  

I sent in the email yesterday as per Mike, so I will have to hurry up and wait.  

Not to be "that guy" but if this has been going on since Feb 2016 why are these white clip cables still being shipped with newer stock?  

7 hours ago, blackice said:

Just throwing my hat into the ring with this problem.  Just bought a Core P5 it has the white clip on the riser cable and my video card (Asus Poseidon 1080ti) on MB(Asus ROG maximus Hero X AC wifi w/ i7-8700k) and when I check the video card with GPU-Z it is showing that it is only able to come up at x8 1.1.  I am sure it is in the correct PCIe slot and the BIOS even if I force it to x16 gen3 I still only get x8.  

Funny how you know there is a major problem when you run a benchmark on the video and the result was WAY under my 1060 GTX card, and barely better than a built in laptop graphics card lol.  

I sent in the email yesterday as per Mike, so I will have to hurry up and wait.  

Not to be "that guy" but if this has been going on since Feb 2016 why are these white clip cables still being shipped with newer stock?  

Hi Blackice,

Based on your location, I would suggest you just contact us in the USA:

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Since we cover your region, you do not have to go through our global support. Call us today to get a replacement setup.

Make sure you have your proof of purchase :)

1 hour ago, ThermalMike said:

Hi Blackice,

Based on your location, I would suggest you just contact us in the USA:

https://thermaltakeusa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

Since we cover your region, you do not have to go through our global support. Call us today to get a replacement setup.

Make sure you have your proof of purchase :)

Done before I posted on the forums.  I did receive an email today telling me they are shipping out a new cable.  

On 12/4/2017 at 10:07 PM, blackice said:

Done before I posted on the forums.  I did receive an email today telling me they are shipping out a new cable.  

Im starting to lose hope in this company,asked for a replacement for my broken riser cable last week,and no reply/email from the support on global.I feel almost cheated, replacing the cable for a TT one is like nearly what i paid for the case.

1 hour ago, Booze said:

Im starting to lose hope in this company,asked for a replacement for my broken riser cable last week,and no reply/email from the support on global.I feel almost cheated, replacing the cable for a TT one is like nearly what i paid for the case.

Not sure why, I have an email from TT support that says mine is being shipped out.  I am in Canada though. 

So are the cases that are being sold now with the riser cable all with the newer  working  cables? Were all the old cases with the troublesome cables recalled? 

Would be good to know before someone buys a case and getting one of the bad cables. Not having to worry about sending off emails. 

Contacted support for Belgium (i guess it's the german support) 6 months ago, they said they would send me a replacement cable. Still nothing received after 6 #### months. I have send 5 #### emails back and they don't even answer, worst support ever!

As you can see I am very #### right now. Never ever will I buy anything from Thermaltake again, now I have to invest another #### 60-80 euros for a decent pci-e extender.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:16 PM, ThermalMike said:

You should be fine as long as you include proof of purchase, if you need, just email them again with the info.

Please see the OP for details.

Hope you get the replacement soon.

Hey Mike its me again, i get an email from you telling me "I will be forwarding this over to our team in your region to follow up.
They will support you from here on the replacement cable. Normally they will not reply until replacement has been processed.
Time frame will vary depending on region and availability. "
So that was a month ago and i didnt get any notice or something thats tellme they are taking care.. can u dig up a lil and get some news? (my video card is like hanging literally i need that cable asap! :help: )

On 12/10/2017 at 2:12 PM, Swinox said:

Contacted support for Belgium (i guess it's the german support) 6 months ago, they said they would send me a replacement cable. Still nothing received after 6 #### months. I have send 5 #### emails back and they don't even answer, worst support ever!

As you can see I am very #### right now. Never ever will I buy anything from Thermaltake again, now I have to invest another #### 60-80 euros for a decent pci-e extender.

Please list out the email you are using to contact us. Do you have a way to confirm we got it?

Did you try to call us in the 6 months? - help me out here so I can help you too.

http://www.thermaltake.com/corporate.aspx?t=4

4 hours ago, MONO85 said:

Hey Mike its me again, i get an email from you telling me "I will be forwarding this over to our team in your region to follow up.
They will support you from here on the replacement cable. Normally they will not reply until replacement has been processed.
Time frame will vary depending on region and availability. "
So that was a month ago and i didnt get any notice or something thats tellme they are taking care.. can u dig up a lil and get some news? (my video card is like hanging literally i need that cable asap! :help: )

Hi Mono85,

Can you email me again so I know its you and I will see what I can do. Sorry for the delays.