Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

what is this switch?

Recommended Posts

This will probably sound like a tremendously silly question, but I just had a Smart series 650 watt 80+ bronze power supply installed in my desktop and it didn't turn on. I noticed there was a switch on the back, flipped it and the computer turns on.


This is fine with me.


But today I read something about switches on the back of power supplies that switch it from one voltage to another and if you have it on the wrong one you can wreck you power supply.


I had thought the switch on my unit was simply a power switch.


So, what is this switch?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this