frio parts cpl0564 first gen

lo xyoo

hello, tried emailing support, but guess i used wrong email, so an automatic reply saying that support guy won't be in office for a few more weeks, so if anyone here, i'll repost

hello, i was wondering if you guys have any parts for my old frio cooler

i know its been a long time since i bought it, during 2009, got it from newegg for my old x58 socket 1366 build

product is thermaltake frio  item code CLP05641005026266

i have been using it on my x58 build for the last 5-6 years now, the 2 fans are working great, but the rpm adjustment knobs have fallen off just did a quick fix of rewiring solved it, its been a great cooler and keeps my temp good.

so now i want to do a skylake build socket 1151, and i don't have the 2 metal parts to convert to 115x sockets, hoping my old trusty frio will work with new skylake.

i still have the back plate and 4 nuts from my x58 1366 build, been a long while so misplaced the other parts.

so my questions are, is my frio clp0546 compatible with skylake socket 1151?  will this cooler with 2 fans on do any damage to skylake cpu as i've heard some heavy coolers can cause cpu bending?,  and if my good old trusty frio will work with 1151 socket how do i go by onto getting replacement brackets to convert my now 1366 frio to a 1151 frio.

i really don't want to buy a new cooler, since this frio hasn't let me down, and due to expensive can't really afford to buy a whole new cooler.

so is there anyway possible to get parts to covert my old faithful frio to accommodate new skylake socket 1151, i know my warranty is way past due, so could there a be a reasonable prices to obtain these parts the 2 brackets for socket 1151 and maybe some O rings or spacers.

i know its a long shot, but just wanted to give a try, lots of other new air coolers around for $20-$30 , but i dont really have that much nor are those coolers seems to be as good as my old frio.

well if you guys at thermaltake can respond back to me, even if its not possible for replacement parts, i would still like an reply,

please email me at   lowaxqaib@gmail.com

thank you thermaltake

Wa  Xiong

Hello lo xyoo,

Sorry for the issues with the support, please make sure you are contacting the USA support team: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Yes the Frio CLP0564 will support 1151 sockets, we have updated our website already:

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model_Specification.aspx?id=C_00001600

As for the missing bracket, give us a call and we can see if we can offer the spare parts you need to convert.

Support 800.988.1088

• 8 months later...