Poseidon Z RGB lighting...complication.

Grissym

First, I will say I love this keyboard. It has worked flawlessly since I purchased it, and have been happy with the rainbow light setting I put on it initially. But I have come across an issue that I have neither found on here, via Google, or been solved by others educated with computers.

Plugged in keyboard, download the software, play with settings, save and apply. Worked fine. Recently bought all new parts to build a new rig. Reformatted both my SSD and HDD before changing everything over. Plug keyboard into new rig (switched from AMD to Intel, if that's important), turn it on, and notice it's still set to the rainbow setting. With new rig up and running, redownload the software, try to edit settings...nothing. It says loading and never responds - I have waited 20+ minutes and still nothing. It's like the program and keyboard aren't responding with each other at all.

- I have tried fn + esc with no response.

- I have unplugged the keyboard and try every USB slot on the tower. Nothing.

- I have reinstalled the software three times now. Nothing.

It is like the keyboard is stuck in this setting. Which isn't a huge deal, I still like it, but I had an idea to make it compliment my color scheme for my new rig and would like everything to match.

Guest Tt Josh

First, I will say I love this keyboard. It has worked flawlessly since I purchased it, and have been happy with the rainbow light setting I put on it initially. But I have come across an issue that I have neither found on here, via Google, or been solved by others educated with computers.

Plugged in keyboard, download the software, play with settings, save and apply. Worked fine. Recently bought all new parts to build a new rig. Reformatted both my SSD and HDD before changing everything over. Plug keyboard into new rig (switched from AMD to Intel, if that's important), turn it on, and notice it's still set to the rainbow setting. With new rig up and running, redownload the software, try to edit settings...nothing. It says loading and never responds - I have waited 20+ minutes and still nothing. It's like the program and keyboard aren't responding with each other at all.

It is like the keyboard is stuck in this setting. Which isn't a huge deal, I still like it, but I had an idea to make it compliment my color scheme for my new rig and would like everything to match.

Hi,

You have to hold Fn+Esc for few seconds until the keyboard goes black and it will turn back to default (red full backlit)

Try to uninstall the USB driver from device manager and reinstall the driver again :)

Try reinstall the driver from device manager and see how it goes :)

Hi,

You have to hold Fn+Esc for few seconds until the keyboard goes black and it will turn back to default (red full backlit)

Try to uninstall the USB driver from device manager and reinstall the driver again :)

Try reinstall the driver from device manager and see how it goes :)

I held fn+esc for 10 seconds. The keyboard does not respond to this; it simply stays in the color scheme it's stuck at.

Does this keyboard have a specific name under the device manager? When I open the keyboard tab, it have four "HID Keyboard Device" appear.

Guest Tt Josh

I held fn+esc for 10 seconds. The keyboard does not respond to this; it simply stays in the color scheme it's stuck at.

Does this keyboard have a specific name under the device manager? When I open the keyboard tab, it have four "HID Keyboard Device" appear.

Hey Grissym, let's do a testing for your keyboard:

1) Install and Run this firmware: POSEIDON Z RGB FW UPDATE V30 (Don't have to uninstall your current software)

2) Launch the software (note: there will be a window telling you to upgrade the software...close it, do not upgrade)

3) Now try to set colors, save the settings, turn off your computer and restart your computer.

We have tested this and we have our customized colors we've set before on our keyboard when the computer restarted.

Also, please tell us which OS you're using currently, Windows 7/8/10?