Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

24 pin to 14 pin

- - - - - PSU Lenovo Pins Adapter

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

phact2

phact2

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Having purchased a new graphics card for a Lenovo Thinkcentre I realised that I needed a PCI-E power supply.  So I bought a Thermaltake TR2 Gold 500W.

I now discover that the Lenovo motherboard accepts a 14 pin ATX connection.

Can I use the 14 leftmost pins?  they do fit.

ThermalMike

ThermalMike

• Moderators
  • 505 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Hello,

You would need to get an adapter cable to convert the 24-pin to 14-pin since you are using a Lenovo/ThinkServer motherboard.

Pin outs are different if I remember correctly.

• phact2 likes this

Mike Fierheller

Thermaltake USA - Product Manager

Email:   mike.fierheller@thermaltakeusa.com

test.jpg

Project SunkisTt:

Core V71 (Candy Painted & Chromed) ≡ EVGA Z87 Classified ≡ 4790K @4.6ghz ≡ 2x ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti's with Pacific V-GTX 980Ti Transparent Water Block
2x Pacific RL280 Radiators (Polished)  ≡ Pacific PR22-D5 Res+Pump Pacific W2 ≡ 2x Samsung Evo 256GB -RAID 0 ≡ Tt Toughpower  DPS G 1200W

------------------------------------------------------------

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)

phact2

phact2

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello,

You would need to get an adapter cable to convert the 24-pin to 14-pin since you are using a Lenovo/ThinkServer motherboard.

Pin outs are different if I remember correctly.

I  have ordered an adapter cable from ModDIY.  I will post my progress when it arrives.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSU, Lenovo, Pins, Adapter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users