RGB Blue Switch - Keyboard randomly typing

powell730

So I was using the RGB Brown Switch edition and my brother had the Blue Switches... We decided to trade keyboards (he was having zero issues). I plugged the keyboard in and it seemed to be working fine but after it sits for awhile it will just randomly start typing keys. It started out with pressing the enter key, and just now it was pressing g and v. It is very quick succession, so fast you typically can't do anything on the computer because it's just randomly typing keys.

Steps I've taken so far:

I have uninstalled the software, reset the software settings and profile settings, hard reset the keyboard by FN and ESC, and uninstalled the "HID" drivers under device manager; none of which has worked. The one thing I find pretty weird is when I forced the firmware update on the keyboard it tells me my current version is 30 and I need to update, but it updates me to 30. Then, when I launch the software again, it tells me my version is 0 and I need to update to 40. I'm at a loss at this point. The only thing I can think of is a faulty keyboard, but that really doesn't make sense to me either because when I unplug the keyboard while it's happening, then plug it back in, it continues to mess up. The only way to fix the issue is by restarting the entire computer, which leads me to believe it's maybe a Windows 10 or software issue... But my brother was running Windows 10 as well and he had no issues with his computer. 

Guest Tt Josh

So I was using the RGB Brown Switch edition and my brother had the Blue Switches... We decided to trade keyboards (he was having zero issues). I plugged the keyboard in and it seemed to be working fine but after it sits for awhile it will just randomly start typing keys. It started out with pressing the enter key, and just now it was pressing g and v. It is very quick succession, so fast you typically can't do anything on the computer because it's just randomly typing keys.

Steps I've taken so far:

I have uninstalled the software, reset the software settings and profile settings, hard reset the keyboard by FN and ESC, and uninstalled the "HID" drivers under device manager; none of which has worked. The one thing I find pretty weird is when I forced the firmware update on the keyboard it tells me my current version is 30 and I need to update, but it updates me to 30. Then, when I launch the software again, it tells me my version is 0 and I need to update to 40. I'm at a loss at this point. The only thing I can think of is a faulty keyboard, but that really doesn't make sense to me either because when I unplug the keyboard while it's happening, then plug it back in, it continues to mess up. The only way to fix the issue is by restarting the entire computer, which leads me to believe it's maybe a Windows 10 or software issue... But my brother was running Windows 10 as well and he had no issues with his computer. 

Did you try with another USB port?

Try to uninstall entirely and install the following software:

http://www.ttesports.com/files/Product_download/tt_esports_poseidon_z_rgb_software_v1.312.zip

Guest Tt Josh

Yeah I've tried 4 different USB ports and I believe that's the software I have installed.

We've tested on Win10 and it works too, just like your brother's. Can you try the keyboard on your brother's computer? Just to check whether it works on another computer :)

We've tested on Win10 and it works too, just like your brother's. Can you try the keyboard on your brother's computer? Just to check whether it works on another computer :)

Yeah it does work on his computer. But the issue pops up randomly. I've had it take hours to show up or minutes. It hasn't happened for 3 days now.

Guest Tt Josh

Yeah it does work on his computer. But the issue pops up randomly. I've had it take hours to show up or minutes. It hasn't happened for 3 days now.

You might need to contact our support and they might provide you a replacement as we've tested the keyboards on WIN10 and it works :)

Please contact them and they will assist you further:

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)