Core P5 With Water 3.0 extreme.. Help me please

theironbear88

Hi guys,

I am building my first pc through a store over here in Australia and I am going with the Core P5 case. I have read the water 3.0 extreme wont work in the case due to the cable length, However I have been told that the Core P5 AIO bracket will remedy this? is that correct? any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The purpose of the all-in-one bracket is to bring the radiator closer to the CPU so that the tubes will be long enough to fit. If you try to install an all-in-one cooler in the Core P5 without the bracket, the tubes will either be under a lot of stress or not fit at all in most cases.

The purpose of the all-in-one bracket is to bring the radiator closer to the CPU so that the tubes will be long enough to fit. If you try to install an all-in-one cooler in the Core P5 without the bracket, the tubes will either be under a lot of stress or not fit at all in most cases.

I think what he is trying to say is "Yes, if you get the AIO bracket, that will allow the water 3.0 AIO to fit better in the P5".  I believe Tt is also releasing a Core P9 that is a bit smaller that will natively work better with AIO coolers without the need for a bracket.

• 3 weeks later...

That would be the Core P3, which is a tad smaller than the Core P5 and has been designed with AiO coolers in mind. The distance between radiator and CPU has been reduced greatly in the Core P3, compared to the Core P5. It is just about to hit markets world wide, it's literally a matter of days.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I posted the same question, if someone has a water 3.0 can measure the length of the hoses? For the cable no problem, an extension cord to reach the motherboard, it can be found.

Doesn't fit. It is utterly ridiculous that they would make the hoses so short. I didn't even think to check if it would fit because the Water 3.0 Riing is a logical choice for the P5 for people who don't have the money for custom loops. Now I have to buy a stupid AIO bracket that will hide the radiator behind the video card and then have a giant open area on the right side sitting empty.

Thanks for thinking, Thermaltake... Why don't they make a Water 3.5 with longer hoses instead of a dumb extra bracket? Or at least advertise that the P5 is not compatible with AIOs without lame modification.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-04-07 at 11:34 AM, Nd4Spdr said:

Doesn't fit. It is utterly ridiculous that they would make the hoses so short. I didn't even think to check if it would fit because the Water 3.0 Riing is a logical choice for the P5 for people who don't have the money for custom loops. Now I have to buy a stupid AIO bracket that will hide the radiator behind the video card and then have a giant open area on the right side sitting empty.

Thanks for thinking, Thermaltake... Why don't they make a Water 3.5 with longer hoses instead of a dumb extra bracket? Or at least advertise that the P5 is not compatible with AIOs without lame modification.

Replying to this just because I see it a second time. It's not their fault.

No AiO cooler is long enough - none. NZXT, Corsair, TT... none.

The P5 is a full-loop water-cooling rig or air, plain and simple. The P3 is the one you should have bought... They have a P1, P3 and P5.

If they make the AiO with 3 foot long cables, then the far larger market share will complain their cases are filled with "stupid long cables."

Like I said in your other thread - I get you're frustrated, I had the same issue with an NZXT X62 - but I had two choices, go with full-loop or get a P3... I went full-loop. YMMV.

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Chassis/Mid_Tower_/Core/C_00002908/Core_P3/design.htm

Look at the pics on that one, bunch have AiO. The P5 pics, on every site - have zero AiOs.