Issues with Riing RGB Fans!

xoma262

Good time of the day everyone! 

This is my first thread here and  I'm new here, so sorry if I posted something duplicate or not.

I need your help! 

Recently I bought 1x 140mm Riing RGB fan and 3x 120mm Riing RGB fans. 

Both of them came with controllers. 

I connected one 140mm fan with one controller and three 120mm with second controller. Both of them hooked up with M/B 4pin.

After installation I faced an issue that 256 color mode (switching colors)  going "not synchronously".

In other words, 140mm fan change color a little bit faster than rest three 120mm fans. 

Is there any way to solve it? I've seen on Tt website cable to connecting controllers together but wasn't able to find it anywhere in stores AND online (USA)

Do you know how to solve it? Thanks!

BTW, I don't know what happened with picture's orientation ... They were OK...

post-104336-0-84229400-1465998194_thumb.jpg

post-104336-0-19483800-1465998217_thumb.jpg

post-104336-0-90667400-1465998231_thumb.jpg

I believe you are looking for this:

http://ttpremium.com/product/riing-rgb-controller-cable/

Not sure if this will actually solve your problem though. PC looks great otherwise. Best of luck!

Thanks for reply, I saw this but it sounds stupid. Link cable cost 5 bucks but delivery ... $15.00  Not reasonable at all... 

Thanks for reply, I saw this but it sounds stupid. Link cable cost 5 bucks but delivery ... $15.00  Not reasonable at all... 

Exactly - this is really impractical...no, ludicrous.  I have 4 120mm Riing RGB fans - of course I had to buy a 1 pack and a three pack, and now I have to have both controllers available if I want to change colors around.  I found the link cable, and almost did a spit take when I saw the shipping cost.

Thermaltake really needs to do two things here: A) Have a 4-pack option of the Riing RGB fans. I mean #### - the Core P5 product pictures show 4 fans if you have a 480mm rad - so they should have a 4-pack option  and B ) Get this cable out to retailers - even Amazon or Newegg will do, so we don't have to pay 3x the cost of the product just for shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

Good time of the day everyone! 

This is my first thread here and  I'm new here, so sorry if I posted something duplicate or not.

I need your help! 

Recently I bought 1x 140mm Riing RGB fan and 3x 120mm Riing RGB fans. 

Both of them came with controllers. 

I connected one 140mm fan with one controller and three 120mm with second controller. Both of them hooked up with M/B 4pin.

After installation I faced an issue that 256 color mode (switching colors)  going "not synchronously".

In other words, 140mm fan change color a little bit faster than rest three 120mm fans. 

Is there any way to solve it? I've seen on Tt website cable to connecting controllers together but wasn't able to find it anywhere in stores AND online (USA)

Do you know how to solve it? Thanks!

BTW, I don't know what happened with picture's orientation ... They were OK...

Hello,

Sorry for the delay with my reply and great question!

When you are using more than 1 controller even with the link cable, the 256 color mode is not sync between controllers.

You will get it to sync for a little while, but over time it will change different colors between 1 controller and the other. 

This is a limitation, there is no way to sync (In 256 Color cycle mode ONLY) with more than 1 controller.

Your only option and I have dont this personally, is to splice 1 fan connector into another that is on the same controller.

Do not go over 4 fans and I do not recommend mixing 120's with 140's but it does work.

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, i have been trying to narrow down shipping costs as best as we can.

Can you email me with a screenshot of the shopping cart and confirm with me the address you are shipping too?

There could be an issue with how it is flagged in the system, happy to help get you the best price on the shipping.

Also, if you are in the USA, stay tuned for a BIG promotion coming on ttpremium.com :D

Exactly - this is really impractical...no, ludicrous.  I have 4 120mm Riing RGB fans - of course I had to buy a 1 pack and a three pack, and now I have to have both controllers available if I want to change colors around.  I found the link cable, and almost did a spit take when I saw the shipping cost.

Thermaltake really needs to do two things here: A) Have a 4-pack option of the Riing RGB fans. I mean #### - the Core P5 product pictures show 4 fans if you have a 480mm rad - so they should have a 4-pack option  and B ) Get this cable out to retailers - even Amazon or Newegg will do, so we don't have to pay 3x the cost of the product just for shipping.

Hi,

Sorry to hear the shipping is so bad, like I mentioned in previous post, let me know some details, email me and will get you taken care of.

4x 120mm RGB is totally possiable with 1 controller, but you have to put 2 into 1 on 1 of the ports to do it.

I have done this a few times here for some demos, like the ones you saw :)

here to help if you want to DIY

Hi,

thanks for the feedback, i have been trying to narrow down shipping costs as best as we can.

Can you email me with a screenshot of the shopping cart and confirm with me the address you are shipping too?

There could be an issue with how it is flagged in the system, happy to help get you the best price on the shipping.

Also, if you are in the USA, stay tuned for a BIG promotion coming on ttpremium.com :D

Hi Mike!

I saw your e-mail first and only after I noticed new replies here =) 

I'll send you screenshot soon and thanks with suggestion about splicing =) 

Furthermore, I would like to see that promotion xD Just let me know with dates xD

Thanks!