Core X9

gamerwithglasses

I just got the Thermaltake Core X9 the other day and things look really good. I didnt have much of a problem.

I had to mount the cage/hdd mount for my fans on the side using the screws at the top of the bracket. It is difficult getting the fans mounted if you put the bottom thumbscrews in then put the fans on. Fans I'm using is the Thermaltake Riing 120mm fans. It's a really, really tight fit with the bracket.

I don't think the 5 1/4 bays are as flimsy as people say. There is some give but it hasn't been a problem yet for me.

Thumbscrews in back required phillip screwdrive as they are not perfectly aligned (for side panels) to be tighted by hand

The space is quite amazing inside and easily able to route my cables better. I need a better way to route the sata and sata power cable going to my bluray burner drive better as that is to easily exposed in the window.

Over all I love the case as the custom and mod options are limitless.

My question is: I would like to mount two more fans to the side. I am using the HDD cage for my mounted hard drives. I already used an HDD cage for two 120mm fans on the side and would like to add two more. Are these going to be available soon or does Thermaltake have an ETA? I sent an email to support but I haven't received a response yet and I added my email address to the auto-notify list.

This is for the: Side Fan Bracket/H Cage Base for Core X9

The only other thing that would be great is a perforated side panel with a small window above the perforated section. Sort of like putting the window and perforated panels together. The top half is window bottom is perforated.