VENTUS R Optical Gaming Mouse Owner's Club

Tt David

This is a LOD bug. If you guys add a LOD option in software, that can be solved. In my perception, the lod is a little high.

You must of just bypassed this very short thread and posted your own issue not realizing this has been covered already and alot more efficiently. "add a lod option" isn't the fix as an LOD option would only change the "LOD" (obviously). The "LOD bug" is firmware related and needs to be fixed. Considering its been months already I'm guessing the thermaltake engineer is incapable of doing so and someone else should be hired or contracted from another company that understands the 3310 sensor a little better. Try contacting Zowie and see if they can help.

You must of just bypassed this very short thread and posted your own issue not realizing this has been covered already and alot more efficiently. "add a lod option" isn't the fix as an LOD option would only change the "LOD" (obviously). The "LOD bug" is firmware related and needs to be fixed. Considering its been months already I'm guessing the thermaltake engineer is incapable of doing so and someone else should be hired or contracted from another company that understands the 3310 sensor a little better. Try contacting Zowie and see if they can help.

My suggestion is not a conclusive solution. But the LOD option can resolve that, if you realize, the mouse LOD is a bit high and this may be the cause of the problem. As for the software, I believe it to be 99% sure, which is not the TT does. It is the Chinese OEM that manufactures the mouse.

Well here's my opinion on how to fix the middle mouse button bug.

Allow the user to be able to disable the button function ability from the software.

Why?

Because that's what's causing the bug.

You can disable all the buttons from within the software. After checking them, sure enough they won't work. Untilllllll you realize the mouse itself will ignore everything you just did and the preset button functions(change dpi etc) on the mouse will still work!

I'll assume this is overlooked leftover code. Maybe this mouse was offered by the manufacturer to thermaltake originally as a software-less mouse. All these functions worked until you activated a function lock on the bottom of the mouse. Once engaged, these button functions would no longer activate and interrupt normal use. However, lazy outsourcing of your peripherals has lead to the scroll button expecting to perform a preset button function from every other button when held down, with no way to disable this behavior.

So that's what's causing it imo. Should be easy to fix. Still isn't fixed though. Been many months since it was reported.

That's before the sensor bug that is so rare that I have seen it only once on a gaming mouse before. A mouse released well over 10 years ago. Heck, no mouse from the factory outsourced to make this mouse has had this sensor bug before.

The good old "they just didn't care" fits well with this situation.

Was this mouse tested before being released to the public? By like, anyone?

edit:well i guess the forum layout doesn't like paragraphs. that's cool i guess

The good old "they just didn't care" fits well with this situation.

That's what it seems like, months and months go by with no updates on if they're even working on it. A fix that I would literally fix in one day if my profession and job was to figure out the firmware issues and solve them. I don't get why there's such a lack of desire to fix a product they sell? maybe because 95% of their consumers are plebs who wouldn't notice. In one regard I feel they don't care because they accept the fact they're not a mouse company and don't care about their mouse genre reputation. But I think they're making a mistake in not realizing what a great mouse they have potential wise. Oh well!

That's what it seems like, months and months go by with no updates on if they're even working on it. A fix that I would literally fix in one day if my profession and job was to figure out the firmware issues and solve them. I don't get why there's such a lack of desire to fix a product they sell? maybe because 95% of their consumers are plebs who wouldn't notice. In one regard I feel they don't care because they accept the fact they're not a mouse company and don't care about their mouse genre reputation. But I think they're making a mistake in not realizing what a great mouse they have potential wise. Oh well!

I'm really sorry for the late update. We've tracked the software update schedule with the engineer for a long time but still waiting for their confirm. We indeed care our customer's opinion and would like to improve our products. Sorry for your inconvenience and will let you know if there is any update

Okay, installed 1.0251. Mouse was updated to firmware 1.09. LOD Slider & Angle Snapping slider are now present and functional in the software.

The sensor bug is still not fixed. However, setting the LOD to the lowest setting makes the mouse somewhat useable. The bug is still present on the lowest setting though.

The button function issue is still not fixed. Same problems as before, nothing changed.

I also have some more bugs to add.

Bug 1:

Pressing mouse 1 & mouse 2 simultaneously with the scroll button will make mouse 1 right click. This will continue until mouse 2 is pressed again. Then it goes back to normal. In games pressing mouse 1 or mouse 2 separately with the scroll button simultaneously will make the button act as if it's being held down even when it's not. Pressing the m1 or m2 button again will make the bug go away.

Bug 2:

Pressing the backwards button and scroll button simultaneously will make the mouse "mute"/ ignore the mouse 1 and mouse 2 functions. This will continue until the backwards button is pressed again. This bug seems quite finicky, but it will occur.

You guys have got a long~ way to go here.

Hi there,

We've uploaded a new version for Ventus R and fix the function. Could you please help to try and see if it can solve the problem or not? 

https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AKA9d-A6Bz7fhNw&cid=D785A11B4BD61846&id=D785A11B4BD61846%21438&parId=D785A11B4BD61846%21358&action=locate

good to see some forward progression.. I tried the new firmware as long as you turn the LOD all the way low now you won't notice the lag.. I don't think its truly fixed because there's virtually no LOD and the problem still occurs when you have some LOD, but I probably can use this mouse now without ever noticing because I don't need the mouse to track while lifting it off.. I'd still like to know its fixed at all levels of LOD but can we fix the issue where the mouse scroll button when pressed stops the other buttons from working like mouse1 and mouse2?

That's how I ended up finding the two bugs. In my opinion the button functions should be removed completely from the mouse. They cause more trouble than they are worth.

good to see some forward progression.. I tried the new firmware as long as you turn the LOD all the way low now you won't notice the lag.. I don't think its truly fixed because there's virtually no LOD and the problem still occurs when you have some LOD, but I probably can use this mouse now without ever noticing because I don't need the mouse to track while lifting it off.. I'd still like to know its fixed at all levels of LOD but can we fix the issue where the mouse scroll button when pressed stops the other buttons from working like mouse1 and mouse2?

Thanks for all your feedback. Our PM team is trying to fix these problems and will have a new firmware update soon.

I don't think its truly fixed because there's virtually no LOD and the problem still occurs when you have some LOD,

Yeah, firmware 1.09 only makes it so the lift-off distance slider works in the software. I downgraded to 1.07 & 1.08 and everything worked with the new software except for the lod slider. So it's just a band-aid for the issue at the moment.

Yeah, firmware 1.09 only makes it so the lift-off distance slider works in the software. I downgraded to 1.07 & 1.08 and everything worked with the new software except for the lod slider. So it's just a band-aid for the issue at the moment.

Could you please try this one: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkYY1ksboYXXgzkOJNR2dKchjC1a 

Just tried this, it updated firmware to 1.10 and DID fix the mouse3 bug.. now I can hold it down and still use the other buttons.. VERY NICE.

The band-aid of adjusting LOD really low does help greatly with the lag issue, but once that is fixed completely this mouse will be on a path to greatness. I want to thank you David for making them engineers fix these issues. I do hope there is still someone trying to figure out what line of code is causing the mouse to lag when using lift off.. keep us updated and link any new firmware as I check this forum all the time. Thanks!

Just tried this, it updated firmware to 1.10 and DID fix the mouse3 bug.. now I can hold it down and still use the other buttons.. VERY NICE.

The band-aid of adjusting LOD really low does help greatly with the lag issue, but once that is fixed completely this mouse will be on a path to greatness. I want to thank you David for making them engineers fix these issues. I do hope there is still someone trying to figure out what line of code is causing the mouse to lag when using lift off.. keep us updated and link any new firmware as I check this forum all the time. Thanks!

Really thanks for your feedback too! We will keep update our Command center and make our mice getting better :)

Okay, I can't really check if the lod bug is fixed yet because my Ventus R is disassembled atm. I can however check the buttons.

All the previous bugs relating to the scroll wheel seem to no longer be there.

Progress!

I do hope there is still someone trying to figure out what line of code is causing the mouse to lag when using lift off.

I just hope the ODM that makes this mouse realizes how big of a screw up this is(they probably never will). The Ventus R's sensor liftoff bug occurs on another 3310 sensor based mouse that the ODM produces for another brand.

Though it's on the brand to check if stuff actually works correctly.

Okay, I can't really check if the lod bug is fixed yet because my Ventus R is disassembled atm. I can however check the buttons.

All the previous bugs relating to the scroll wheel seem to no longer be there.

Progress!

I just hope the ODM that makes this mouse realizes how big of a screw up this is(they probably never will). The Ventus R's sensor liftoff bug occurs on another 3310 sensor based mouse that the ODM produces for another brand.

Though it's on the brand to check if stuff actually works correctly.

Thanks for your advice.  We will take more time on testing the next mouse