F51 Inner Front Dust Filter Too Small For 200mm Fan

weeswolf

I received my F51 today and have two queries:

1) As I migrated my components into the chassis, I noticed that the inner front dust filter does not cover the entire circular cutout around the 200mm fan. It appears as if the fan will easily pull dust into the chassis. Does anybody experience this? Will two 140mm fans prevent this from happening?

2) How do I set the default speed of the fan controller?

Since posting I have scoured the web and discovered a couple of users who have experienced dust build-up in their chassis due to the openings left on either side of the inner dust filter.

With regard to the fan controller, I could only find one user who claims that you have to set the fan speed each time you boot up your system if your preference differs from the default.

As a result I have returned my chassis and exchanged it for the F31, which I believe provides better dust protection. With the money I saved I bought three quality 140mm case fans since the stock cooling on the F31 is inferior to the F51. In lieu of the fan controller I will attach the case fans to my Asus motherboard's fan headers and control it via software.