Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

Riing 12 LED RGB Radiator Fan TT Premium Edition - Software not that great

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

ThermalHenry

ThermalHenry

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I purchased a set of the premium Riing 12 RGB fans (actually 2 sets) and installed the fans and controller. 
The controller has the molex power connected and the usb cable is connect to the mother bother to the USB 9 pin heade 
(I tried both USB 1314 and USB 1112). 

Also installed the Software downloaded from the Thermaltake office website. 
I am not able to control or read any stats from the software.

Upon firing up the software, there is an error saying "Riing RGBFan HID" has stopped. 
I am using windows 10 and the motherboard I am using is the ASUS Maximus VIII Formula.
 I tried just single controller (yes I did check the dip switch). 
Also I tried plug/unplug the usb cable to the controller and windows seems to detects the change of device configuration; 
so the USB connection (physically) between the controller and the MB appears to be okay.

I am wondering what would be the problem. Please help and let me know if more detail is required. 

Thanks Henry´╗┐

Guys, I found solution to this particular problem.

1. remove the config.xml from the installed location.

2. in The installed location of the software, Find the follow 3 exe files: AP.exe, traicon.exe and HID.exe

3. For the 3 .exe files, right click them and go to Properties.

4. Set the compatibility mode to windows 8 all 3 .exe files

6. reboot.

Thermaltake, update your software and at least QA it in the latest OS.

Most of gamers who use your produces runs the latest OS. Please test your software on the OS if you said it supports a

particular OS in the product spec.

OR

OPENSOURCE the #### thing and let people fix it.

BTW, what's that "This is a test license" in the license.txt in the install location?

If you want to ship a product for which the software control is a main selling point (the single most important thing that differentiates this

premium edition from the original); please make sure it is polished and well tested.  Or at least address the problem with frequent updates.

This will hurt your reputation and your brand.

Do not underestimate what software can help a hardware company. It's not like you dont have any software resources as you guys 

are also shipping peripherals like mouse/keyboard etc.

Although personally, I have not use any of your mice / keyboard; but after this experience, I highly doubt your gaming mice/keyboard would

have adequate software to satisfy your customers with variety of OS/software configuration.

Please improve the software quality with more QA at least....

Sincerely,

Henry

beven32

beven32

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

UPDATE:

They have updated there software.

Yet to see if it fixes everything.

http://www.thermalta...n/download.html

beven32

beven32

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Allot better.

Thank You Thermaltake :)

beven32

beven32

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I have noticed a new issue.

The program will not idle down the temp therefore the pwm setting will force the fans to run loud when the pc is actually cool. Im not sure why it does this. The old software detected temps perfectly, Just had an issue controlling multiple controllers. That is fixed !.. Just need this small bug fixed up now..

If anyone else is having this issue with the 2.0.1 update please let me know if you have found a solution .. Until the next update 

Funvee

Funvee

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yup, some improvements. However, as above... the PWM feature is great for boosting the clocks up, they don't however, come back down when exiting a game.

• beven32 likes this

Dazley

Dazley

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a huge problem with the Riing RGB Software V 2.0.2

Firstly, while on the download page it says V 2.0.2, in the downloaded zip file it's 2.0.0?

During installation Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.23026 want's that i change the setup (either repair or deinstal, i choose repair)

The bigger problem however occurs after installation. AVG shows a "Generic virus" alert for the Thermaltake RGB Fan Controller.exe

Despite putting the exe on the exceptions list, i cannot open the software. Nothing happens by double-clicking the start bar icon or the desktop icon. Neither does right-clicking work on the start bar icon.

At each reboot Windows asks me if i want the app from an unknown publisher to make changes on my device. And it shows the Thermaltake RGB Fan Controller.exe. Same note comes up when i double-click the desktop icon.

The deinstallation of V 2.0.2 was a nightmare. Not only it didnt remove everything of the software, i had to go into secure mode to be able to delete the rest... <_<

On V 1.0.2 i could, after applying the fix from ThermalHenry, atleast get it to work and change the colors and speed, but it didnt show the RPM (was on 0 all the time).

I have a windows 10 Pro x64

Why is there no "breath" option for the LEDs? That effect would be a massive improvement. I mean, we already can dim the LEDs, so thats obviously not a technical impossibility. :P

• beven32 likes this

beven32

beven32

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Yup, some improvements. However, as above... the PWM feature is great for boosting the clocks up, they don't however, come back down when exiting a game.

This is the only issue I am having. Hopfully the fix this in there next update .. Hint.Hint thermaltake ..

beven32

beven32

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

After forgetting to turn my fans back to pwm before gaming my water cooling loop exploded. temp got to hot and blew a fitting.. This would have never happened if the software was working,.. Also the website says the software release is v2.0.2. and the program is saying v2.0.1 ? And the installer says 2.0.0... So what version is it !!

Example: Right now My fans are at 1400rpm because the program thinks my pc is at 63c. When it is 33c. If you click the info button in the bottom left the monitor show correct info. the program is just not using it properly .

beven32

beven32

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I have a huge problem with the Riing RGB Software V 2.0.2

Firstly, while on the download page it says V 2.0.2, in the downloaded zip file it's 2.0.0?

During installation Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - 14.0.23026 want's that i change the setup (either repair or deinstal, i choose repair)

The bigger problem however occurs after installation. AVG shows a "Generic virus" alert for the Thermaltake RGB Fan Controller.exe

Despite putting the exe on the exceptions list, i cannot open the software. Nothing happens by double-clicking the start bar icon or the desktop icon. Neither does right-clicking work on the start bar icon.

At each reboot Windows asks me if i want the app from an unknown publisher to make changes on my device. And it shows the Thermaltake RGB Fan Controller.exe. Same note comes up when i double-click the desktop icon.

The deinstallation of V 2.0.2 was a nightmare. Not only it didnt remove everything of the software, i had to go into secure mode to be able to delete the rest... <_<

On V 1.0.2 i could, after applying the fix from ThermalHenry, atleast get it to work and change the colors and speed, but it didnt show the RPM (was on 0 all the time).

I have a windows 10 Pro x64

Why is there no "breath" option for the LEDs? That effect would be a massive improvement. I mean, we already can dim the LEDs, so thats obviously not a technical impossibility. :P

Does you're update say 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 in the program ?

And Yes more led options !

Dazley

Dazley

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I havent payed attention to what version number the intallation or program said, the instal exe was 2.0.0. It's #### (c'mon, i just typed "b.l.o.o.d.y", now that's an oversensitive censor filter imo) buggy, that's for sure.

I wonder how Tts reaction to the NZXT Aer HUE+ RGB fans is? Tt should better fix their software, add more LED effects and expand the "Premium" line to the RGB Fittings to compete with NZXT, because their HUE+ software is way more superior to what Tt has and the Aer fans RGB looks way better.

I would have switched to NZXT's fans in an instant if their LED ring wouldn't be just on one side of the fan housing. That's why i still have my Riing fans, because it's LED ring is in the middel of the fan housing and can be seen from both sides. Although it'd be WAY better if the clear ring would be satin instead of clear. When set on white, it diffuses the LEDs light badly and you can clearly see red, green and blue shining at the same time and casting differently colored shadows xD.

I thought about roughen the clear rings myself, but i just bought the fans and don't want to void any warranty if i break something while getting to the clear ring. I've read that when disassembeling the Riing fans, its almost always guaranteed that you break atleast one of the 8 clips that hold the frames together. : /

Ragetonaka

Ragetonaka

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Just recently bought a 3 pack of these fans to go with my core p3 that i just got. from the get go something was wrong and they wouldnt spin up, after a bit of trouble shoot i found out that i was using the wrong molax connector from my PSU. (evga has proprietary power cables for their modual PSU's apparently.) Switched cables and now they spin up and light up, down loaded the software and the mobile and the software doesnt see my fans. I'm just left with three blank boxes in the window. Got the app and connect and now it says APP is connect. This is a bit of progress, but i can still not program my fans at all. And theyre stuck being the default red at the moment. Any advice on a fix? 

beven32

beven32

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

The v2.1.0 update fixes PWM issues with temp !

Finally happy with the state of the software. everything works .

Ragetonaka

Ragetonaka

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Just recently bought a 3 pack of these fans to go with my core p3 that i just got. from the get go something was wrong and they wouldnt spin up, after a bit of trouble shoot i found out that i was using the wrong molax connector from my PSU. (evga has proprietary power cables for their modual PSU's apparently.) Switched cables and now they spin up and light up, down loaded the software and the mobile and the software doesnt see my fans. I'm just left with three blank boxes in the window. Got the app and connect and now it says APP is connect. This is a bit of progress, but i can still not program my fans at all. And theyre stuck being the default red at the moment. Any advice on a fix? 

Update:

Thermaltake got back to me and pointed me toward a doanload (1.02) and got that working so far, but now my rpms read 0 and i cant change the LED color or speed. =/

Funvee

Funvee

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Update:

Thermaltake got back to me and pointed me toward a doanload (1.02) and got that working so far, but now my rpms read 0 and i cant change the LED color or speed. =/

Kinda sounds like you plugged in the power but not the USB header?

Funvee

Funvee

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The v2.1.0 update fixes PWM issues with temp !

Finally happy with the state of the software. everything works .

I too am happier with the software :) It appears that the 'Temp' now points to the CPU package and updates the PWM function correctly. I'd love to be able to make my own performance curve or have a toggle for some of the controllers to be reactive to the GPU temp (I have 3 sets) in future updates.

It also does appear that the mobile app has lighting functions that the software does not (like the tri ring RBG rainbow button), so you can only toggle the lighting modes on the app? (Maybe that's just me)

Edit: English

krojew

krojew

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

There's an interesting bug in the latest version. If you're using any Corsair hardware with their CUE software, launching TT software makes all your Corsair hardware disappear from CUE. Thermaltake - how on Earth did you manage to screw up this badly? Please take a look at how CUE or CAM form NZXT software works. Right now I need to downgrade your software because it makes my other hardware unusable.

EDIT: anybody has a link to previous versions?

Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Just installed the latest version of the software. V2.1.0. Is anyone having the problem of having UAC pop up and asking for permission every time the program starts. I'm running windows 10.

krojew

krojew

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Just installed the latest version of the software. V2.1.0. Is anyone having the problem of having UAC pop up and asking for permission every time the program starts. I'm running windows 10.

Yeah, it does that.

Badgerslayer7

Badgerslayer7

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Yeah, it does that.

Ok thanks for the help. Slightly annoying niggle. I have found a link to software version 102 if that's any help? http://usa.thermalta...dition_V102.zip

krojew

krojew

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ok thanks for the help. Slightly annoying niggle. I have found a link to software version 102 if that's any help? http://usa.thermalta...dition_V102.zip

Thanks! You're a lifesaver. No response from TT is a bit worrisome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)