Code Name: Clear Cut. Core v21 Mod

Erik Bmods

Hey There, Im fairly new to the Thermaltake forums, but I just picked up a core v21 mATX chassis and wish to share my project. 

I have done one other build in a core x71 case, But didnt do a whole lot to it as in modding. Ill post a link to the thread I posted here in the build section.

http://community.thermaltake.com/index.php?/topic/49519-thermaltake-core-x71-custom-watercooled-build/

Now inspiration for this build is a clear cube mixed with a snow globe, ya dont ask me how I came up with that lol. But this case is perfect for a cube build.

clear%20cube_zpsoqnmyvos.jpg

snow%20globe_zps2p7fak9j.jpg

Now for specs, this is going to be an HDPC/Guest gaming pc.

CPU: Intel i5-6400

IMG_1279_zpshq4ny9yp.jpg

MOBO: MSI B150 Mortar Arctic

IMG_1282_zpspmlqd7bp.jpg

PSU: Rosewill Glacier 500w 80 Plus Bronze

IMG_1280_zpsigxohw1a.jpg

GPU: Sapphire RX 470 Platinum 4gb (in the mail)

plat_zpsttmb5mrw.jpg

RAM: 16gb Crucial Ballistix SPort 2400 mhz DDR4

IMG_1035_zps4domiaah.jpg

Storage: 240gb Adata SP550 SSD in the mail, HDD still deciding

ssd_zpsphmaa547.jpg

Cooling: This will be a custom loop using copper nickle plated 12mm od tubing. Still shopping for fittings and gpu block. I have a pretty cool barrow block in the mail. As for the rad I have a 240 mm Darkside xflow rad debating on whether to add another. Fans will be using basic 7 fin Rosewill fans that I will be customizing to suit the build. Oh almost forgot I have the cutest lil alphacool pump.

IMG_1021_zps7amfbtz0.jpg

IMG_1142_zpst6iewgdu.jpg

IMG_1285_zpsdd904b2m.jpg

Barrow-115X-transparent-acrylic-CPU-wate

and the star of the show

Case: Thermaltake v21 mATX chassis

IMG_1286_zpstjzsdk2t.jpg

IMG_1287_zpsoqoqiw0z.jpg

Now Im in the very early stages of this build but here are some pics

IMG_1277_zpss68xnbpm.jpg

IMG_1288_zpszg6cxpxp.jpg

IMG_1289_zpsneuxgbsh.jpg

IMG_1310_zps5l1fq1ow.jpg

IMG_1313_zpsqc9mhinv.jpg

IMG_1322_zpso3dpfsvz.jpg

IMG_1323_zpse4duerlu.jpg

IMG_1324_zpslbsuksym.jpg

IMG_1326_zpspdxm6ryq.jpg

Should be back with more pics tomorrow night when parts dry.

Thanks for checking out the early stages of the build hope you check back for more of Code Name: Clear Cut!!

Special shout out to JP modified for his amazing builds and advise. I have recently been lucky enough to bend his ear on my recent project,  and he also has not hesitated to answer any questions I have about PC Modding.  

Cheers

EZgunna82

Ok so managed to get all the side panels fitted and man was I nervous drilling so close to the edge, dont have enough acrylic to make another side panel if cracked lol. But everything worked out ok. Was sweatin bullets drilling the last hole on the last panel.

IMG_1342_zpsmogtqtxa.jpg

IMG_1343_zpsjovuyetz.jpg

IMG_1344_zpsy88cuam7.jpg

IMG_1345_zpsqkmbfwpz.jpg

IMG_1350_zpsw5jkv1j5.jpg

False floor and project logo decal designed and cut

IMG_1364_zps8lctm2du.jpg

IMG_1361_zpses2sytft.jpg

So I really love this tubing and think it will accent the gpu and angle bar going into the build perfect. Have a bunch from my last project Code named: Grey Saber

IMG_1525_zpsarqjnbun.jpg

THought I would post a couple pics of Grey saber. The pump inn this is actually a Thermaltake p500.

IMG_1258_zpsw1jpvdac.jpg

Now this front panel I made in memory of my late grandfather. The lil plaque thing is My grandfathers signature from a piece of art he left me. 

IMG_1227_zpsc4mfyq6n.jpg

IMG_1186_zpsj6qdupvz.jpg

IMG_1183_zpsapnszjmg.jpg

well had to do emergency pump surgery/switch and put a d5 in to replace that lil alphacool pump. Didnt originally design the loop for a D5 so had to do some quick thinking but here is the test loop all closed up. Also want to give a huge shout out to a real great friend that sees potential in my work and has been kind enough to take me under his wing and teach me the ways of this great skill and art we call PC modding. Jesse of JPModified I owe you a debt I dont think I can ever repay. You are truly a huge inspiration to an aspiring modder like myself and I am so honored to have you as a teacher/mentor. With you and now a new relationship with Thermaltake there are no boundaries anymore and success lies in my hands and my hands only to take and run with. I truly hope I live up to the expectations you have for me. I have a passion for this that I havent had for anything in years and to get support from a world class modder like Jesse and a great company like Thermaltake is really a huge confidence booster. 

But enough of the sappy stuff lets get to the pc #### eh?

IMG_1581_zpsjolfzzxe.jpg

IMG_1584_zpsnqmc5r3v.jpg

IMG_1578_zpsejbg03qs.jpg

IMG_1579_zpsrqlvn2hq.jpg

Here is one of the final shots for clearcut. she is up and running but final pics wont be done until get right heatshrink for cables The stock cables from the PSU completely ruin the build so dont want to show pics of it like that. Put side panels on today. Still waiting for The barrow White camo cpu block also.

14516522_1917891235191463_48626865138708

IMG_0633_zpsa5ebcnqf.jpg