Welcome to Tt Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Note:
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your registration process, or if you have not received a confirmation mail, please drop an e-mail to ttcommunity@thermaltake.com with your registered username/e-mail. We will sort out your request as soon as possible, sorry for any inconvenience

Photo

Riing TT Premium Edition RGB LED Fans - How to Videos

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ThermalMike

ThermalMike

• Moderators
  • 505 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Hi all,

We worked on some new videos to help with the questions on the new Riing TT Premium Fans.

- Make sure when connecting up your controller to the system your system is off.

- Check all the connections to make sure they are secured and installed correctly.

- On boot up the fans should light up red (Default)

- After software installed, please do a shut down to sync controller (Only when software is not responsive)

- On Cold boot, wait for icon to show up (Down by clock) before launching software - Needs time to initialize

- If no icon shows up by clock, there is a communication issue, try this to resolve:

- Make sure power is dedicated and properly connected (Pins can be pushed out during plug in)

- Run Icon application in installation folder to force icon by clock

- Do not run program as administrator

- Only install software into default folder

- Try another USB header (Make sure you plug into correct port, wrong port can cause damage to controller on power on)

- Check device manager for any flags that could be related to the issue

Setup:

Software:

Mike Fierheller

Thermaltake USA - Product Manager

Email:   mike.fierheller@thermaltakeusa.com

test.jpg

Project SunkisTt:

Core V71 (Candy Painted & Chromed) ≡ EVGA Z87 Classified ≡ 4790K @4.6ghz ≡ 2x ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti's with Pacific V-GTX 980Ti Transparent Water Block
2x Pacific RL280 Radiators (Polished)  ≡ Pacific PR22-D5 Res+Pump Pacific W2 ≡ 2x Samsung Evo 256GB -RAID 0 ≡ Tt Toughpower  DPS G 1200W

------------------------------------------------------------

Thermaltake USA Customer Service

Email: ttsupport@thermaltakeusa.com

Toll Free: 1-800-988-1088 M-F 9:00AM~5:30PM (P.S.T)

ThermalHenry

ThermalHenry

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi Thermal Mike. 
I purchased a set of the premium Riing 12 RGB fans (actually 2 sets) and installed the fans and controller. 
The controller has the molex power connected and the usb cable is connect to the mother bother to the USB 9 pin heade 
(I tried both USB 1314 and USB 1112). 

Also installed the Software downloaded from the Thermaltake office website. 
I am not able to control or read any stats from the software.

Upon firing up the software, there is an error saying "Riing RGBFan HID" has stopped. 
I am using windows 10 and the motherboard I am using is the ASUS Maximus VIII Formula.
 I tried just single controller (yes I did check the dip switch). 
Also I tried plug/unplug the usb cable to the controller and windows seems to detects the change of device configuration; 
so the USB connection (physically) between the controller and the MB appears to be okay.

I am wondering what would be the problem. Please help and let me know if more detail is required. 

Thanks Henry

ehosinski

ehosinski

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am having the exact same problem as Henry except I am not getting the "Riing RGBFAN HID has stopped" error. I can not get it to display ANY information with the newest software update. If I go back to the 1.0.2 software I can get it to display the color wheel but no fan speeds and nothing actually changes upon saving. This is ridiculous and I have contacted support twice since my purchase. I can't believe that I spent all of this money on TT hardware with a software component and when it comes down to a software issue, your tech department doesn't even respond. 

joshrosenthal

joshrosenthal

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

what he ^ said. you guys dont respond. sell the controller separately since the ones you bundle with the 3 pack dont work anyway. 

jakesno

jakesno

Beginner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am considering these fans.  Do any of you have an update to your issue?  I don't want to invest in the most expensive rgb setup on the market if customer support isn't available.  Is support through messaging only?  Is customer support available by phone?

Botee

Botee

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

is there gonna be an update to add more features to the software controller?

the only effect is blnking, rgb, staticlights, and off. nothing follows.

Botee

Botee

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

followup question

i downloaded the itunes app controller = DPS G Riing RGB Mobile App. i  dont know how to connect to my computer to control my rgb fans.

some site says i still need to download another app to be installed called Thermaltake DPS G PC App 2.4.2 

Prox

Prox

Just Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I am considering these fans.  Do any of you have an update to your issue?  I don't want to invest in the most expensive rgb setup on the market if customer support isn't available.  Is support through messaging only?  Is customer support available by phone?

Hi -  I would not recommend these case fans. See a post on our findings of the product.  http://community.the...s-product-fail/

I would wait and see if the PLUS product line is any better than RIING software controlled case fans that are the previous generation (2016).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users