Riing TT Premium Edition RGB LED Fans - How to Videos

ThermalMike

I am a bit confused as to how to daisy chain controllers. I was running a Riing Plus 14 RGB five fan pack just fine. Then I added a Pacific Lumi plus pack, and am having some issues.

My five fan pack was connected via one of the micro USB headers from the Y splitter cable included in the pack, with the controller's DIP switches all set down to designate it as controller one. I then connected the Pacific Lumi Plus controller to the second micro USB header on the Y splitter cable, and set the 1 DIP switch up and the rest down to designate it as controller two. Doing this, I get an error message about controller two. All the fans work and are accessible in the software. The RGB strips run, however they do not show up in the software.

I next tried directly chaining the controllers together by the bridge cable. I plugged the four pin end into controller one, and the micro USB end into controller two. When I start up, I get a controller one error, and all my fans are inaccessible in the software.

What is the proper way to chain these two controllers?

Thanks for your time.

• 4 weeks later...

When my system first comes on I get this Warning. I click OK on the Warning and the image goes away. What does it mean?
How do I interpret at the top of my display there is a blue button #1 a red button #2 and a red button #3?
 Also I do not see fan numbers in my software like what is shown in your image of the software.. 

warning.JPG

4 hours ago, AMaskedMan said:

If you daisy chain 2 hubs, does each hub require power or does one hub power both (the primary 0 hub)?

2 hours ago, Ragn0r said:

I suspect that each controller needs power.

Yes they all need power 

On 3/16/2018 at 2:51 PM, Ragn0r said:

When my system first comes on I get this Warning. I click OK on the Warning and the image goes away. What does it mean?
How do I interpret at the top of my display there is a blue button #1 a red button #2 and a red button #3?
 Also I do not see fan numbers in my software like what is shown in your image of the software.. 

warning.JPG

That normally comes up when you have a port that has nothing plugged into it on the controller

It would look like this

fdbfa110fb96bd6dc567a675ad4f3fd0.png.8f5f569ce86036485f0db41ad7371e92.png

If so just click the green circle. But just make sure that nothing is on that port and everything is showing up that should be showing up as it can also happen if you the wrong item selected(ie: if you have it set as a Riing Plus where you have a Lumi Plus, Floe Riing, ect)

fdbfa110fb96bd6dc567a675ads4f3fd0.png.f6edb895ee30c193b1826ebcd78a6fe6.png

• 2 months later...

What about the Thermaltake RGB Pumps, i need two pumps for my Thermaltake Tower900 case, will i need to connect up two usb boxes? or will one controller power 2 pumps, i really cannot understand why you didnt give the option to make the pump 4pin motherboard header compatible instead of adding yet another piece of software to control just the pumps lighting.

12 hours ago, POE UK said:

What about the Thermaltake RGB Pumps, i need two pumps for my Thermaltake Tower900 case, will i need to connect up two usb boxes? or will one controller power 2 pumps, i really cannot understand why you didnt give the option to make the pump 4pin motherboard header compatible instead of adding yet another piece of software to control just the pumps lighting.

Hi, with the PR22-D5 Plus, for the LED it will connect to the controller, you have 5 ports on 1 controller and can plug in as many pumps you need with the controllers you likely already have, so no worries there. The pump itself needs a 12V connection, you will not get enough from a header off a MB, sorry, you need more than that for a D5 so the Molex was what you need to get proper power as well as Molex has a more secure connection over SATA, but we are looking into other options for SATA going forward. You only need 1 USB header to goto the MB btw, then you can daisy chain the controllers for everything else you want to put in there. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2018 at 2:09 PM, ThermalMike said:

Hi, with the PR22-D5 Plus, for the LED it will connect to the controller, you have 5 ports on 1 controller and can plug in as many pumps you need with the controllers you likely already have, so no worries there. The pump itself needs a 12V connection, you will not get enough from a header off a MB, sorry, you need more than that for a D5 so the Molex was what you need to get proper power as well as Molex has a more secure connection over SATA, but we are looking into other options for SATA going forward. You only need 1 USB header to goto the MB btw, then you can daisy chain the controllers for everything else you want to put in there. 

If you daisy chain 2 hubs, does each hub require a USB 2.0 Port connection on the motherboard? If only one USB 2.0 header is needed, does it come off the controller 1?

for reference, I own the 360 riing floe AIO and a 5 pack of the riing 14 rgb premium fans so Ive got two separate controllers.

last question, to Daisy chain do I use that very small Daisy chain cable or do I use the cable that has 2x Miro USB ends?

if there are two different ways to Daisy chain, that can be a bit confusing for an average consumer.

12 hours ago, Xenart said:

If you daisy chain 2 hubs, does each hub require a USB 2.0 Port connection on the motherboard? If only one USB 2.0 header is needed, does it come off the controller 1?

for reference, I own the 360 riing floe AIO and a 5 pack of the riing 14 rgb premium fans so Ive got two separate controllers.

last question, to Daisy chain do I use that very small Daisy chain cable or do I use the cable that has 2x Miro USB ends?

if there are two different ways to Daisy chain, that can be a bit confusing for an average consumer.

The daisy chain cable makes it so you do not need a second usb coming from your motherboard but you still need a usb connection to the primary controller

let me use my pro paint skills to explain ;)

s6IAKMD.jpg

Then connect power to both controllers and your all set

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to have the pinout schematic for the these fans or the TT Sync Controller?  Ultimately I'd like to use the TT Sync Controller to control other RGB devices.  I have an EKWD water block and pump that I'd like to control the RGB with the same TT Sync Controller.  

On 8/8/2018 at 9:57 AM, RDT said:

Does anyone happen to have the pinout schematic for the these fans or the TT Sync Controller?  Ultimately I'd like to use the TT Sync Controller to control other RGB devices.  I have an EKWD water block and pump that I'd like to control the RGB with the same TT Sync Controller.  

Hi, unfortunately we do not offer this, you can purchase and figure out on your own or ask someone else that has one to do it.

We do not recommend to take it apart as it will void the warranty.

On 7/24/2018 at 1:06 PM, HanZoBeaSt said:

IOS app not able to connect to Tt windows 10 software.... need help

I have the same problem. I have my Floe Ring and RGB Riing Premium Edition Fans working great, with several controllers. My problem is the IOS App. It is unable to detect my system, even if I put the IP address at the bottom of the screen in.

Is there a solution for this? Is it a firewall problem?

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. Current Apple IOS for the app.

• 5 months later...

I have read through quite a few articles and watched a bunch of setup videos on these things (TT Pure Plus 12 three pack w controller), but no matter what I try I cannot get the software to detect the controller. Do you guys have any advice? I'm getting the error seen in the attached image. The IOS app is picking up my desktop but will also not let me control anything. Any advice would be appreciated. I do not have the receipt, but they are brand new. 

I'm running an ASUS Prime Z270 AR mobo.

Reddit Post.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 2:17 PM, coltor21 said:

I have read through quite a few articles and watched a bunch of setup videos on these things (TT Pure Plus 12 three pack w controller), but no matter what I try I cannot get the software to detect the controller. Do you guys have any advice? I'm getting the error seen in the attached image. The IOS app is picking up my desktop but will also not let me control anything. Any advice would be appreciated. I do not have the receipt, but they are brand new. 

I'm running an ASUS Prime Z270 AR mobo.

Reddit Post.png

i am getting the same error and when i go to the device manager it showing this am i doing something wrong??? and when i plugged in my fans they were rainbow and circling around?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by mike91
forgot to mention about the fans color

• 3 weeks later...

The final solution was replacement controllers along with version 127.F203
The controllers for the RIING 14 Plus fans were not compatible with the ROG Zenith Extreme mobo. The replacement controllers have fan slots embossed on the top side of the fan positions and the power connector has circutry integrated into the cable

FANS.JPG

• 8 months later...

**Resolved**

I finally understand the dip switch and now it is all showing....

By the way, if I am using #1 floe riing for 1st Hub, and set the RGB to temp.
It seems I couldn't use #1 for Riing Plus for 2nd Hub, RGB setting will conflict with my floe riing

Currently, I am avoiding #1 on my 2nd Hub and all things work well.

Edited by eusened
Finally understand how to do the proper setting by myself

• 5 months later...

My question is:

I bought the floe riing 360 premium addition. 
I have looked everywhere and I cannot find the micro usb to usb 9 pin headed cable anywhere; I believe I was sent the wrong cables. 

What is this cable used for? Just lighting? 

I have already installed the whole aio and I would prefer not to have to take my system apart to send the whole unit back, would I be ok cooling wise if I use my system without that cable until I can work with Thermaltake to get a new cable? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • TT CPM unpinned this topic
  • 6 months later...