View 27 - Possibilities Question

Emissary_of_Pain

Hey all :D

This is my first post and I hope that this is in the right place ! ... (if not, mods please move it)

I am currently looking at setting up a watercooled View 27 but I have a few questions (since I have to buy the chassis online and can't see it face 2 face)

1) Can the chassis support a wider motherboard even though it isn't designed for it ? (12 inch x 10.7 inch) ... I know that there are a few chassis that don't officially support that size but it can fit the board with a little squeeze. (Asus Rampage IV Black)

2) If I set up SLI, is there enough space to have 1 card horizontally in PCI-E 1 and then having the second card in the Vertical Slot ?

All information would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Hello,

Welcome to the TT Community!

Yes you have more room to have it extend out more to the right side width wise. Just might start to cover the pass-through holes on the SSD mounting on the right said wall.

If you want to split 2 cards like that it should be ok, but it will come down to the height on the card going into the motherboard, but the spacing is tight doing 2 GPU that way, see below. it could work, just depends on the GPU's

Here is some pics to help :)

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

Hello,

Welcome to the TT Community!

Yes you have more room to have it extend out more to the right side width wise. Just might start to cover the pass-through holes on the SSD mounting on the right said wall.

If you want to split 2 cards like that it should be ok, but it will come down to the height on the card going into the motherboard, but the spacing is tight doing 2 GPU that way, see below. it could work, just depends on the GPU's

Here is some pics to help :)

Thanks so much for information ... it was really really helpful ... Means I might just stand a chance to do the crazy thing I am trying ...

The only issue I see is that the gap between the vertical and horizontal PCI cutouts is actually quite small (obviously not designed for crazy stuff like I have planned)

I know this might be a stretch, but you wouldnt have a "flatter" angle on that G1 card would you ? ... So I can see if it sits higher than the top of the vertical slots ?

My cards are taller than ref 980Tis but since they are going to be watercooled they might still fit if the gap is large enough since they will be 1 slot once the block is on them I can mount it in the slot closest to the window

Regards

Emissary_of_Pain,

I see now you have the KingPin cards, nice! I have seen these, they are not small and I dont think it will fit at all.

Those cards coolers stick up above the bracket like 1 inch.. I dont think that config would work unless the card height was the same or lower than the bracket height.

Either way, you can still mount 2 cards directly into the motherboard and still get a great look.

I would go performance myself to have the 2 cards, I have 980Ti's myself and love them :D

Emissary_of_Pain,

I see now you have the KingPin cards, nice! I have seen these, they are not small and I dont think it will fit at all.

Those cards coolers stick up above the bracket like 1 inch.. I dont think that config would work unless the card height was the same or lower than the bracket height.

Either way, you can still mount 2 cards directly into the motherboard and still get a great look.

I would go performance myself to have the 2 cards, I have 980Ti's myself and love them :D

These cards are beast, I get 1550 on air (which isn't all that impressive I guess) but they are beasts ... ... I will see what mods I can do to the chassis that is if I can even get it in my country

I contacted my local disti and they are just giving me the run around why they can't import the chassis ... ... But I will make a plan !

I actually have a pretty slick idea which I have done before, cutting the dual vertical slot out and custom making a slot that sits diagonally which should give some extra space ... but I will only be able to measure once I get the chassis

So much can be done once cards are single slot ... ... I will definitely make a build log for here !